“DISCOMFORT INN” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East

You added Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   53 Jefferson Road, Hwy 9A & Atlantic Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32225 (Formerly St. Johns Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #31 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
Conley, Georgia
“DISCOMFORT INN”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Just wanted to say Tina ( FRONT DESK) was a sweeheart , in trying to make the best of our worst experience ever and the lady the cooks the food in the morning for the breakfast was nice as well and her food was good ! Thanks to Both of you - (left this off my review a few minute ago )

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Although my stay was only about five hours long I found it to be rather pleasant. The room was quite spacious and clean. The price was definitely right given that we used a "Green Book" coupon for only $49. The beds were pretty comfortable and the bathroom was in good condition so I found it to be a good value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
frankie b, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
We're so glad you enjoyed the service, location, and amenities of our hotel! We sincerely thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! We enjoyed having you as guests and hope to see you again very soon!
Frankie
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stayed March 1st - 3rd, 2012 and the hotel is good for the price BUT the breakfast needs improvement. There was only bread/CARBS plain muffins, plain bread, plain biscuits and they had gravy in a pot ( I guess for biscuits and gravy), and small muffins on the bar no fruit not even bananas.

How can you visit florida and there is no fruit on the breakfast bar !

Suggest adding waffles/bacon/eggs -- you can buy those pre made.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Do not stay at this hotel. It is unclean, loud, and a threatening atmosphere. I would not recommend for families, couples, or anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
knoxville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Stayed here before my cruise. And this place is horrendous. First room had pubic hairs in the tub so we were given another room. Second room had cheerios in the floor and pubic hairs in the bed. We looked at two other rooms and they were just as bad. The WiFi speed was terrible and that is even if you could get a signal, the speeds were little better than dialup speed.
Also while having to move room to room we had to use these rickity old luggage carriers that were falling apart. They were ducked tape together and the base was screwed into a block of wood. Bob Villa would not be proud on that job.
 Now I will say one thing that was shining in this crap hotel. The front desk women Jazmine was super nice and apologetic through the whole thing. Run away from this place.

Update:
The place gets better and better. now have a bedspread with dried blood on it.

• Stayed February 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I liked the fact that the hotel was conveniently located near the beach and right in the city centre.The hotel was also suprisingly nice for the price.It was literally a steal.The room was comfortable and quite spacious.Having a fridge and microwave in my room is a big deal for me,so St Johns earned some cool points on that one.In short,the hotel exceeded my expectations considering the price I paid.Hope to get back soon.

• Stayed January 2012
port orange
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

I filled out my reservation on line and gave them my personal informaiton and Discover Card which they accepted and recieved my confirmation. When I arrived to check in they would not accept my Discover Card! So I asked what am I supposed to do, you accepted it for my reservation? Answer, well you can pay cash. Nice...if I wasn't tired from driving and not knowing the area I would have left, so I used my Visa. Point is, someone else may not have cash or another type of card. That is false advertising, never offered a discount or anything for my trouble.
Second ladies beware the bathrooms, just cheap all the way around. Lighting is terrible, towels (2) are of the cheapest materials, thin and rough. Not much in the way of soaps or shampoo.
Third, breakfast they talk about is a joke. Biscuts and gravey, bread,no eggs, no meat,nothing else hot. Six oucne cups for your coffee and other drinks...low class.
Fourth, the snack bar they ADVERTISE in the room brochure for snacks does not exist at all in the hotel...nice.
And lastly, no signage to find the hotel from the main road...good luck folks.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere