“Good meal and atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Fleming Island, Florida
“Good meal and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I regularly go the Bonefish and are usually very happy with the food and service. Tonight was no different except for the fact that our entrees arrived mere minutes after we received our salads. This left too much time for the entree to cool off so we couldn't enjoy them hot off the grill. I had the crab cakes which were great but not hot once I got to them.

We usually expect and get great service and food and I am sure tonight was just an exception. The waitress even was surprised when she came back to check on us that the food had already arrived. This is something that can easily be corrected if management would just pay closer attention.

Otherwise, I highly recommend BFG for excellent food and service on most nights.

Visited May 2013

Davenport, Iowa
“Exceptional Seafood and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was my first visit to this chain, as we have nothing like this in Iowa. The menu is small but there are many options and combinations to make it easy. But I chose the Wolf fish from the specials and was not disappointed. WOW. My wife had the Tilapia with Capers from the main menu and it was also excellent. The service was simply outstanding and they had drink specials as well. Bonefish has gone to the top of my list of seafood chains. It is simply amazing.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Friday Night Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

First arrived the wait was as expected but we decided to sit down and have a drink while we waited on the rest of our group to arrive. We sat at one of the long tables and all shared appetizers and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. When we finished dinner we noticed at the end of the plaza a cigar bar (Mandarin Cigar Bar) and sat outside and ended the night with cigars and wine. Definitely are new Friday night routine.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“great flavors, expensive price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went on a week night and a bit early 5:45-ish. Seating was prompt, server took our drink orders and ask if we had questions about the menu. We were looking for a nice place to enjoy dinner, but after the server took a few extra minutes to bring us water, she proceeded to try to rush the service.

I ordered the Kobe burger and the wife had an 6oz Sea bass For non-seafood eaters, the menu really is quite limiting. My burger was cooked correctly, and delicious, as it should be for a $10+ burger. The citrus dressing on the salads was lite and full of flavor. The sea bass was good, not great, and not cheap.

To me, if the service wasn't rushed, it was still overpriced. I will come back, however, it won't be for a while...

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Disappointing Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We were looking forward to a great dinner at Bonefish. We know they have great fish and salads. But tonight may have been an off night. If not, we should take the experience personally! The Cesar salad was awful. The romaine lettuce was swimming in dressing. If you like cheap powdered Parmesan cheese, you would love this salad. But I don't like the packets of powdered cheese you might find at a fast food restaurant mixed in with my salad in a restaurant such as Bonefish. We were not finished with our salads and our entrees were placed on the table. Again, maybe something you would expect in Famous Amos, but not Bonefish! The server was scarce, only to be found for us to place our order and give us our check. Maybe we just expected too much. A very disappointing evening. Did I mention we were celebrating our anniversary! We did not stay long enough to order dessert and coffee to celebrate, nor did they ask if we wanted any. It was a good thing. Otherwise our dessert may have been brought out to the table prematurely as was our meal and the table was not large enough for all of the dirty dishes that they did not remove from the table until after we left. Very disappointing!!!

• Visited March 2013