“Solid as always” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point
Ranked #2 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Norfolk, Virginia
“Solid as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

One good thing about Fairfields ... they are solid and same. Front Desk service here at Jacksonville West was pleasant and efficient. Sleeping area and bathroom clean, plenty of towels, soaps, etc. A couple food options within easy walking distance as well! Up and down I-95 corridor, from Richmond to Jacksonville, we have experienced this kind of friendly service at the Fairfields. We'll be back - what better review than that could be given in the competitive world of hotels by highways!

Room Tip: No big suggestions ... we stay away from elevator and ice machine no matter where we stay.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Normally I have stayed at the Hampton Inn at the same exit on Chaffee Point Blvd. However, I feel that hotel is not keeping up to my standards of cleanliness, etc.
Therefore, I went back to my good ole faithful Marriott family and chose the Fairfield Inn & Suites. This hotel has plenty of parking, nice refreshing outdoor pool, business center, 24/7 coffee in lobby, including a nice hot full breakfast in the mornings. Breakfast: eggs (or even omelets sometimes), potatoes or sausage, various breads, oatmeal with toppings, cereals, danish or muffins, juices, and homemade waffles (do-it-yourself).
I am very pleased with my switch to this hotel for this stay and have put it in my favorites on my Marriott page for future stays. Traveling 1-2 weeks every month for the past 4.5 years, I have learned to rely on my own advice and keep a "favorites" list throughout the State of Florida for places/accommodations for my business travels. THANK YOU MARRIOTT!

Room Tip: High floors get less foot traffic if you are a light sleeper. I like to stay AWAY from the elevator...
Green Features: I appreciate the fact that if you can use your towel a 2nd time, to just leave it on the towel bar. If you prefer a fresh one each time and run out, just leave it on the floor and you will get replacements. This is a great feature to save water and electricity to clean them.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

My family spent one night here during spring break. This hotel was fairly maintained. The bed were hard and slept poorly. We all had a back aches when we got up. The breakfast was not very good. They had cereal and general breakfast food you find at these hotels EXCEPT there was NO fruit. The staff was not very professional as well. I would not stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
FFISJaxGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
You indicated in your response that your bed and our breakfast were unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your or our own expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

David Smith
Fairfield Inn and Suites
904-693-4400
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I made a last minute change to my itinerary so that I wouldn't need to drive in the early am from Gainesville to the airport. I was very grateful for a quick and easy booking through this site. Hotel was comfortable and clean. Convenient to airport although confusing in the dark.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

This place deserves every star! The staff is amazing. We were there for two days and met alot of the staff. Every one of them was nice, helpful and just plain outstanding. The entry was always clean and beautiful. The rooms were great size with microwave and fridge. The beds were awesome. I fell asleep as soon as I hit the pillows! I have no one complaint about this hotel. They are number 1 for a reason and they have definitely earned it in my book. . . Which is hard to do :)

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Tallahassee Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

This hotel is pretty new,modern and clean.Everybody was very friendly and helpful.
They even have menu from very good Italian restaurant across the street and restaurant deliver only to this hotel without delivery fee.How convenient when you come late

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
North Branford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I reviewed this property in February of 2013, and I am very happy to say I enjoyed another great stay! Kayla checked me in, and was friendly and informative! There were two Breakfast Ladies during my stay, and they both work hard to be sure everything is well stocked for their guests. Again I had an issue with Housekeeping forgetting my room the first day, and the only complaint I have is that when I reported it to Carrie on the front desk the next morning, she challenged me by saying she herself had been working housekeeping, and I had my "DND" sign on the door. I gently told her that I had left that morning at 10:00 a.m., that there was no sign of housekeeping on the floor when I left, that my "Do Not Disturb" sign was not on my door, and finally, that she should not challenge guests. I told her I wanted to be sure my garbage would be removed from the room. Though she seemed a bit bothered, she said she would take care of it. Housekeeping was perfect for the rest of my stay. I look forward to staying again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point? Share your experiences!