“So much nicer than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #27 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
West Columbia, South Carolina
“So much nicer than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Based upon a sampling of recent reviews, we hesitated to make a reservation here, but it looked like the most convenient and affordable location for us. We stayed on a Monday and a Friday night during one week and had spacious, clean rooms both times. We could hear almost no road noise. Bathrooms were spacious. Having a digital thermostat to regulate the A/C was a welcome change from the other places we had stayed recently. It enabled us to fine-tune the comfort level. The selection of restaurants within a few miles suited us just fine, as we were not looking for gourmet-level food. We never sensed any "sketchiness" with this location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This particular hotel made me feel at home. After such a horrible experience the night prior at a very nasty and scary 'hotel', the staff at Sleep Inn made all the difference. Manager, Mia Preston, was absolutely amazing and very compassionate! She treated us as if she had known us for years and as if we were repeated costumers of her establishment! We got our room and boy was it clean!!! I use to do housekeeping for a short time and have ocd so I know clean when I see it! all of the staff here take pride in their establishment. Honestly, I think this hotel is by far the best one my husband and I have stayed in during the 2 weeks I've been with him. The Ramada in Temple Terrace Fl is 2nd in the running! from the cleanliness to to the staff outstanding all the way around!! There are a few places to eat nearby that are in walking distance. The Corner Deli across the street has amazing cheese burgers!!! Sitting outside at night was fine, there is plenty of lighting and truthfully, you wouldn't even get nervous! Trust me, I'm terrified of everything!!!! If you are in this are, I totally suggest staying at least one night!!! It worth it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The surrounding area is questionable at best, but that is not a knock on the people that work there. Everything was clean from the front doors to my room. The room was large and always clean. Breakfast was good not great, could use a little bit more variety and quality. Overall I was very pleased with my stay and would stay again if need be.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Anniston, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Like the Hotel just need alittle work on somethings I thank when you come in the need more handcap parking in they front I thank the nned to give the guest a ticket to put in there window so they know who is staying there and who is not They Help there is very nice I wood stay there agine this time I was alittle let down when I came all the way from Anniston Alabama WATCH IS 445 Miles from home to find my room they bath room was not clean that great and when i went to they pool it was not clean no towels when the sead they wood be But like i sead i wood stay agine

Room Tip: the lower leavel rooms are best
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bucknell, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I use Choice Hotels a lot. Normally Good Clean Rooms and good staff

This time it felt a bit downmarket from previous stay. Rooms still clean and large enough and breakfast was adequate.

Service was poor and I allowed for the girl at reception who has health problems. The guys were sloppy and parking is limited.

The lift is so slow and sums up the hotel.

Buck up your ideas and it could be rated as very good. This time just average. A pity

Room Tip: Insist on non smoking room. I had a smoking room as that was all that was available and it whiffed
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Macclenny, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

The location was very sketchy, first and foremost. My dad and I felt safest at the CVS in town which was very nice. The room itself had holes in the walls, holes in the blankets, and dirt in every corner. We found a dead roach in the bathroom and the toilet was making weird noises and we hightailed it out of there. The service was awful. Prostitute was in the parking lot. Please do not frequent this location!

• Stayed June 2014
BestChoiceHotel, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
This guest is clearly over exaggerating!! We do not have large holes in the wall and our rooms are not dirty! We can not stop people from walking to the gas station or the bus stop. We here at Sleep Inn do take EXCELLENT PRIDE in our Excellent Customer Service. We choose not to entertain false accusations. Safe Travels to all!

Asst GM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

More than one bug in the room, walls were dirty. Bathroom had stray hairs, and just seemed poorly cleaned and the non-smoking room had cigarette burns in the couch ... However , the bed it's self seemed very clean. It's just the rest of the room... Also in an area I as a female wouldn't go alone especially with my two very young children. Not the worst area, but definitely not somewhere I'm comfortable in. The service, however was great.

• Stayed May 2014
BestChoiceHotel, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
This guest did not inform us of any such complaints. I did however go inspect that room and the room is clean (saw no bugs at all). Minor issues are of 1 small burn on the couch (which happens when traveler's break rules) However, the couch is still in great condition. In addition, to a minor spill of coffee on the wall by the trash can where a guest threw a drink. (Which is now cleaned and brought to housekeepers attention). The area is not as bad as everyone assumes and we have several repeat guest that feel very safe with us. We here have had no problems any different than any hotel you travel too, (considering we are a 2-1/2 star brand hotel (not a 5 star). Stars do not count as customer ratings, yet as for amenities allowed, rates & extra services provided. Tourist (*), Standard (**), Comfort (***), First Class (****) and Luxury (*****). Thank you for the input, we strive to excel better by travelers suggestion. We do apologize for the inconvenience towards this guest and we know we can not make everyone happy.

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville? Share your experiences!