“Poor Service at check-out!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Poor Service at check-out!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

At check-in I thought this would be a great stay but at check-out that feeling was gone completely. The room was fine, the breakfast was ok there was not a lot of options when I got there (hour before closing). Penny, at check-in was great. She helped me find a place to eat and made sure everything was great. The only problem was a check-out. Penny had told me the safe charge would be taken off but at check-out it was still on the bill. When I asked for it to be taken off the gentleman first gave me the excuse that it would take some time, then he kept blaming it on the computer system. I was fine and very patient but 5 minutes turned into 45 minutes and I still left with no receipt showing that the charge was removed. The gentleman at the desk kept saying I am sorry and blaming it on the computer system. I appreciate the fact he was apologizing but honestly at that point it would have just been better to give me a dollar and call it even. I suggested that and he told me that wasn't possible. My stay was fine until that moment. It would have been better to make me as the customer feel as if you were really wanting to help not just blaming the computer. It would have been nice to have a discount for my stay or one for a future stay, a dollar would have even been good at that point, or even just offering me anything would have been nice. I came back through this area a week later and I stayed somewhere else because of this experience.

Room Tip: The laundry room was directly outside my room (201) and there was not door closing the room. There...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
BestChoiceHotel, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Unfortunately, with technology things can happen out of our control. However, I did review the timing and it was only a total of 4-5 minutes wait time. I do apologize for that, however, we did have and offer the bill to be emailed with the minor $1.13 adjustment for faster convenience, to the guest. In addition, front desk are unable to refund "cash back" when dealing with credit card transactions. Again, we sincerely apologize that this was such a dreadful experience for you and we will re-enforce that proper adjustments are handle in a timely manner to ensure faster checkouts. Other than that I am glad to hear the customer service was appreciated at check-in and in addition to your over all stay!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Milton, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I'm not sure how may Sleep Inn motels there are in Jacksonville; but I stayed in the one on Ramona Drive off Interstate 10 West. The room was spacious and comfortable, reasonably priced, and is supposedly not pet friendly. However, as soon as I climbed out of the shower and returned to my bedside to get dressed, I felt something stinging my leg. I looked down and saw a flea dining on my shin. I crushed that flea and we did not encounter any others. Obviously, someone violated the motel's no-pet policy and managed to infest the area; and at least one of the fleas made its way into our room.

The complimentary breakfast consisted of the usual continental style offerings, except that the biscuits and pastries had apparently been heated, re-frozen, and then microwaved again. Because of that, the biscuits and pastries had hard cores that couldn't be cut with the plastic cutlery provided.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
BestChoiceHotel, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive comments. We do apologize for the 'flea' inconvenience. We are strict with our pet policy and even so, guest still have the ability to carry these critters with their luggage. We will increase our pest spray days to keep this under control. Safe travels!

Buford, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The hotel itself is very nice. The room, the staff, the breakfast, everything was wonderful. My only complaint is that there is nowhere to park while checking in. We arrived late in the evening and there was nowhere anywhere near the lobby to park and check in. I had to find a spot way out in the corner of the parking lot and walk from there to check in. I wasn't comfortable doing this since the hotel is not in the best part of town.

Room Tip: The room choice doesn't matter since all of the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Glad to hear your enjoy our hotel and we are sorry to hear about the parking. When we are sold out I know this can sometimes be an issue and we accommodate to our guest as much as possible. We know that our area is not a tropical resort (nor as bad as everyone assumes) but glad you were able to see what excellence we provide and how clean and well maintained we are. We take pride and security in our property to accommodate are guest. Have a blessed day in travel!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My daughter recommended this hotel to me from her prior stay earlier this year. This time I traveled with my grandson to Jacksonville to visit another grandson. I must say I was very impressed with my overall stay here. The rooms were very clean and spacious (no mold or mildew smell). The bed was very comfortable that I didn't want to The staff was very friendly and catered to my needs. The breakfast was excellent and the location was very centralized to shopping and other restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
And we all would like to tell you..........."You are awesome guests!" We enjoyed having you stay with us!

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Based on the tripadvisor reviews (and the dates of those reviews) stayed here and it was a good call. Check-in was friendly & efficient. Room seemed clean. Small refrigerator & microwave in the room along with a safe. The bed was very comfortable. Water pressure for shower & sink was far above average. Weekday breakfast starts at 0600 & on the day I stayed, evidently one person was responsible for getting breakfast rolling as well as handling check-out. After a wait of about 5 minutes, was checked out. He was courteous & apologetic re the delay. I only quickly scanned the bill/the bottom line cost. Later however I noticed that there was a $1.00 charge for the safe. Perhaps it was on the rate I initialed when I checked in. I didn't follow my own advice to read - & understand - everything before signing.... Lesson learned/re-learned & it only cost me a buck. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business!

Jennings, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

On Nov. 9, 2012, I graduated from College, and my husband and I (disabled), stayed here. I must say it was an excellent choice. You could not have asked for better service. The rooms were nice and I wish I had a bed like that at home, it was so comfortable. The breakfast was really nice also. We will stay there next time we are in Jacksonville.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Another satisfied guest! We appreciate your business!

Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We do like Sleep Inn Hotels but this hotel was outstanding among the others we have stayed at. The lady at the front desk who checked us in was very professional and polite. She also checked us out the next morning - willing to fill in for someone else? Hard worker. Our room was very clean and the breakfast the next morning sent us on our way with very satisfied appetites. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We did not use the fitness center so could not rate that.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful input and positive encouragement! We are well deserved to have such great guest!

~Mia P~

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville? Share your experiences!