“Nice Room - Bad Food” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
Milton, Florida, United States
“Nice Room - Bad Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I'm not sure how may Sleep Inn motels there are in Jacksonville; but I stayed in the one on Ramona Drive off Interstate 10 West. The room was spacious and comfortable, reasonably priced, and is supposedly not pet friendly. However, as soon as I climbed out of the shower and returned to my bedside to get dressed, I felt something stinging my leg. I looked down and saw a flea dining on my shin. I crushed that flea and we did not encounter any others. Obviously, someone violated the motel's no-pet policy and managed to infest the area; and at least one of the fleas made its way into our room.

The complimentary breakfast consisted of the usual continental style offerings, except that the biscuits and pastries had apparently been heated, re-frozen, and then microwaved again. Because of that, the biscuits and pastries had hard cores that couldn't be cut with the plastic cutlery provided.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
BestChoiceHotel, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive comments. We do apologize for the 'flea' inconvenience. We are strict with our pet policy and even so, guest still have the ability to carry these critters with their luggage. We will increase our pest spray days to keep this under control. Safe travels!

~Mia P~

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Buford, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The hotel itself is very nice. The room, the staff, the breakfast, everything was wonderful. My only complaint is that there is nowhere to park while checking in. We arrived late in the evening and there was nowhere anywhere near the lobby to park and check in. I had to find a spot way out in the corner of the parking lot and walk from there to check in. I wasn't comfortable doing this since the hotel is not in the best part of town.

Room Tip: The room choice doesn't matter since all of the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Glad to hear your enjoy our hotel and we are sorry to hear about the parking. When we are sold out I know this can sometimes be an issue and we accommodate to our guest as much as possible. We know that our area is not a tropical resort (nor as bad as everyone assumes) but glad you were able to see what excellence we provide and how clean and well maintained we are. We take pride and security in our property to accommodate are guest. Have a blessed day in travel!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My daughter recommended this hotel to me from her prior stay earlier this year. This time I traveled with my grandson to Jacksonville to visit another grandson. I must say I was very impressed with my overall stay here. The rooms were very clean and spacious (no mold or mildew smell). The bed was very comfortable that I didn't want to The staff was very friendly and catered to my needs. The breakfast was excellent and the location was very centralized to shopping and other restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
And we all would like to tell you..........."You are awesome guests!" We enjoyed having you stay with us!

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Based on the tripadvisor reviews (and the dates of those reviews) stayed here and it was a good call. Check-in was friendly & efficient. Room seemed clean. Small refrigerator & microwave in the room along with a safe. The bed was very comfortable. Water pressure for shower & sink was far above average. Weekday breakfast starts at 0600 & on the day I stayed, evidently one person was responsible for getting breakfast rolling as well as handling check-out. After a wait of about 5 minutes, was checked out. He was courteous & apologetic re the delay. I only quickly scanned the bill/the bottom line cost. Later however I noticed that there was a $1.00 charge for the safe. Perhaps it was on the rate I initialed when I checked in. I didn't follow my own advice to read - & understand - everything before signing.... Lesson learned/re-learned & it only cost me a buck. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business!

Jennings, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

On Nov. 9, 2012, I graduated from College, and my husband and I (disabled), stayed here. I must say it was an excellent choice. You could not have asked for better service. The rooms were nice and I wish I had a bed like that at home, it was so comfortable. The breakfast was really nice also. We will stay there next time we are in Jacksonville.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Another satisfied guest! We appreciate your business!

Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We do like Sleep Inn Hotels but this hotel was outstanding among the others we have stayed at. The lady at the front desk who checked us in was very professional and polite. She also checked us out the next morning - willing to fill in for someone else? Hard worker. Our room was very clean and the breakfast the next morning sent us on our way with very satisfied appetites. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We did not use the fitness center so could not rate that.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful input and positive encouragement! We are well deserved to have such great guest!

Prairie Grove, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I spent two nights here over the weekend. It only cost a little more than the "much more seedy" looking places close by. I was glad I spent the extra money. Top notch hotel. Very clean. Comfortable. Safe. There are about five other less expensive motels on this block. Unless your budget is VERY tight, I would recommend the Sleep inn hands down.

• Stayed October 2012
Glad to here your stay with us was well worth the value!

~Mia P~

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville? Share your experiences!