“Poor taste” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #826 of 1,775 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Filipino
“Poor taste”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I placed an ordered a tray of pancit canton and pancit bihon, the lady who answered me that they so busy on that day so it would take time to cook it and she told me about 45 minutes to cook it and I said okay I'll give you an hour and a half to make sure it will cook really good. Then after all the quality and taste was not good as some people reviews it says good. The noodles was not fully cooked and some of ingredients are not fresh as it should be like the quality of the noodles was bad, so most of the people in my party did not eat these much. So better be careful with this restaurant especially when you are placing an order. I will not recommend this to my friends.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Filipino food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Be prepared for slow service. Very nice people running the place. I had kare kare and its delicious! I would recommend their pork sinigng, beef oxtail kare kare, lechon kawali, crispy pata, bulalo and all their -silogs. For non-filipinos who would like to try the cuisine, make sure you order their cantaloupe juice and gulaman at sago. Sometimes they make it too sweet so ask for a glass of water to dilute the sweetness. Enjoy!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent Food and Service:”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

One needs to understand the Culture and their service practises.
1. The laid back atmosphere from the Isands transfer over to their new country.
2. Their food is the best in the area &are better than some Pilipino Rest. in San Francisco.
3. The only time the service was slow when the owners were on vacation.

I too have brought some freinds there all were very happy with the restaurant, service & food.
We have gone back many times.

As I have on several other ocassions, order lunch for our office to go and it is always ready and
consistently excellent. Although not Pilipino, I was born and raised in the Phillipines and so I am speaking of personal experience.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Filipino restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We ordered over the phone in advance. When my wife and I arrived 20 minutes after, the food that we ordered was ready and served instantly. We ordered crispy pata which is very hard to find around jacksonville and pansit palabog. Both was quality cooked, just like how I remembered my late Lola prepares it. I hope this restaurant stays afloat for ever. Good Job guys.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Stay Away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Sadly, these people have no idea what service is.
When I arrived with five friends, they looked at us and we had to ask for everything, water, menus, silverware, etc...
The food was less than expected, but the service is what ruined it for us.
I always try to encourage small business, but I went there with two Filipino friends hoping to impress them. Our friends just laughed.

• Visited March 2011