“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 1,678 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

This place is awesome, and I don't even like BBQ!! I would recommed the "Whole Hawg", it is a LOT of food for a good price!

Jacksonville, Florida
“Awesome BBQ, Never Go Wrong with Mojos!!!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

Plain and Simple the food is awesome. The service is great and so is the atmosphere. My wife, kids and I love to go here at least 1 time per week. You wont be disappointed.

• Visited June 2011
Summerville, South Carolina
“Best BBQ Sauces!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

Excellent BBQ with excellent services. Some BBQ places have good tibs pther have good chicken. At MoJo everything is good, the meat, the sides and the sauces. The service was way above average and the blues music tops off a great meal.

• Visited May 2011
“Mojo BBQ = A”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

My husband and I started our meal off with some awesome fried green tomatoes with chipotle ranch sauce. For dinner we ordered the "whole hawg"... AMAZING potatoe salad, great sweet potatoe mash, great ribs, smoked turkey and pulled pork . Their sweet sauce was delicious, too! I wasn't a big fan of the sausage (all beef, not much flavor) or the brisket (the pieces we got were a little too fatty for my taste, my husband liked it though). Overall, we really enjoyed our meal... The wait staff was very friendly and it was a nice atmosphere! We would definitely visit again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indiana
“Excellent BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

As a frequent traveler, I am always looking for good BBQ places. Typically, I try to stay away from "chain" establishments, as they have a mechanical taste to their product. Mojo BBQ is far from mechanical. I had previously looked up Mojo BBQ on Trip Advisor and read the reviews and decided to check it out. I ordered the two meat combo, with ribs, brisket, sweet potatoe mash and potatoe salad. The brisket was "melt in your mouth" good by its self; but when I added the Mojo Sweet BBQ sauce, it became as sweet as candy. The ribs had good flavor, with that crispy crusty slow cooked layer on the outside, and was soft and juicy on the inside. I dove into the sweet potatoe mash, and was not disappointed; right down to the chunks of walnut. I am not a big fan of potatoe salad, but found their's to be tasty.

I would recommend Mojo BBQ to any traveler visiting the Jacksonville area.

• Visited May 2011