“Nice Property & Staff, but...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #28 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice Property & Staff, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The property is very nice and clean as was my room. I've never had a bad experience with Hilton Garden Inn. The staff was always courteous when walk to and from my room. The one drawback is the location. I'm not sure if it is the ships or a train but I was woken up several times throughout the night from the sound of a horn. Not the hotel's fault but a word to fellow travels about perhaps inquiring about a room away from this. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Greensboro, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Great staff and facility. We had a large wedding party stay here. Everyone was treated like royalty. The pool and hot tub were clean, grounds were clean and parking was great. I will be back! OK the only thing I don't like is that this review must have at least 200 characters

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Burke, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Hotel was conveniently located. The adjacent building was a Homewood Suites and their kitchen was out of order so both properties ate in the Hilton Garden Inn which made it crowded in the mornings. Consequently the restaurant staff were unable to keep up with the numbers. Rose at the front desk was very helpful with directions and recommendations. Parking belonged to the city so it cost $16 a day to park.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed for three nights. The staff was friendly; the hotel was clean, the rooms were comfortable, the breakfast was very nice and the price was reasonable. It is a nice, safe area of Jacksonville and convenient to many things we wanted to do while we were there. We have family in the area and will certainly stay there again when we visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The hotel rooms and public areas were clean and neat. The hotel staff was helpful to me and my friends and appeared to be very helpful to each other. The staff seemingly worked as a team to accommodate the hotel guests.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Demetrius B, Property Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear June G,

Thank you for the great review. I’ll let the staff know that you noticed their efforts. I’m sure they’ll be excited to hear the feedback. They work very hard to make sure no detail is overlooked. We are actively participating with our team members to provide “WOW” service so our guests can enjoy their experience at our hotel. Please come back and visit us again sometime, we’d love to see you again!

Your's in Hospitality,

Demetrius Burnley
Property Manager
Long Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've stayed at many Hilton Garden Inn. I'm usually impressed by the consistency of the upkeep and service. However, this one happened to be one of my worst stays at an HGI. My main complaints include the horrible appearance of the carpeting in my room and the uneven service at the breakfast buffet.
When I got to my room, I found the carpeting stained heavily in several areas. I have attached pictures showing these stains. While the bed itself wasn't bad, the pillows were among the worst that I have experienced in the last 10 years. These down pillows were completely unsupportive.
Both mornings at the breakfast buffet, I had problems getting my egg orders. The waitresses seemed to have the dining room responsibilities divided, but both of them would ask me if I had a order for the cook to order items, since neither seemed to follow up. Each day, I had make multiple requests to check on the status of my order. It made for a bad start to the day.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Overall, a nice stay. The area around the hotel is under heavy construction, so it's a little tough to get around. The property itself is nice. The pool area is great, room was clean and check in was quick. The parking garage is adjacent to the hotel, and it's $9.99 per night. As a Hilton honors member, we only stay at Hiltons, so we can easily compare many of their properties and staff. The only downside to this Hilton, and it really is not a big deal, was the friendliness of the staff. On at least 4 separate occasions (after our initial check in - which was fine) we walked past the front desk at which time there was no one checking in, and not once did any staff member say hello, nod, wave, anything. This is rare for Garden Inns, since this is a given at other properties. Great stay but very little southern hospitality at this location. For the record, we would stay again!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family