“For an Unexpected Stay- Couldn't Have Asked for Better” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book in Advance & Save
Ranked #36 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
Savannah, Georgia
“For an Unexpected Stay- Couldn't Have Asked for Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed here unexpectedly. Made a reservation around 9:30 pm and checked-in around 10:00 pm. The hotel does have a couple of questionable bars located directly across the street; however, that’s not the hotels fault and they do a good job with security. Hotel is new and well kept. Clean. Staff was most helpful and pleasant- even late at night. My room had a balcony!- and I think most rooms do. The beds were cool- you could adjust the bed to how firm or soft you wanted each side- It was on my king size bed anyway. The nob to adjust the mattress firmness is located at the top of the side of each mattress. Pull the sheet back and pull a little flap down that’s secured by Velcro and you’ll see the nobs. That was cool. Another benefit was the option of limited smoking rooms. It’s a plus to me because I am a smoker. Although I didn’t partake in the breakfast, it sure looked good and of decent variety on my way out. Room price was fine. Parking was $10 a night, not bad. I would stay here again if the need ever arises and I would certainly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
David S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear KitDuluCa,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your most recent stay at our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate the informative description of how to use our Garden Sleep System Beds! We appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you here in the future!

David Shoshan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

HGI's are my favorite hotel, but this particular hotel is located across the street from two noisy bars/clubs that put out a drone beat late into the night. If one can be on the side away from King Street, you could be OK. But this neighborhood is not the best. I would recommend staying at other HGI's while in JAX.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear CocoaTom125,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your most recent stay. I am sorry that our noisy neighbors made your stay less enjoyable. We are glad to see that we were able to provide great service inside the building. We hope you will give us another opportunity to stay with us in the future. Have a great day....

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

They have really made some improvements. The lobby is wonderful. At certain times of the day they have wonderful refreshments to greet their guest. the rooms are beautiful and the staff excellent. the breakfast is great.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear BAR1574,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and our latest lobby renovation! We truly appreciate your feedback, and look forward to seeing you in the future. Have a wonderful day...

Kind Regards,

Tallahassee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My stay at the Hilton Garden Inn is by far the best hotel experience during our summer convention hotel stays thus far. I have been attending conventions for 43 years starting with a family of seven to now down to just two; husband and self. This stay was truly the best quality, best service, and amenities. We will stay there again whenever the circumstances permit.

Dear Rosa B.,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We strive every day to make memorable experiences for our guests, and it seems like this time we did. We appreciate your business, and look forward to having you back in the future. Have a great day!

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I always stay at this Hilton Garden Inn when traveling through Jacksonville. The location is very close to the river front and I enjoy the dinning and shops on the river. The staff and management is super and very attentive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Danny K,

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying at our hotel. I am so glad to hear that everyone you encountered during your stay provided great service. We definitely like being close to the St. Johns river for a nice walk in the morning. Thank you again for your business!

Kind Regards,

Waldorf, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Not a bad hotel to stay at, I really miss their cookies..Not a bad distance from the airport. Being down town was nice. Overall I may stay here if I went to JAX again. Ask for a room above the 6th floor for really nice room

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Joseph S,

Thank you for taking the time to tell Tripadvisor travelers about your stay. I am so glad to hear that you enjoy our location downtown in the lovely San Marco area. I am sorry that the cookies are no longered offer, but I feel our new "welcome" bars are a healthier option for that late night snack. Once again thank you for your feedback, and have a great day!

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Front desk service was excellent, however, the dinning room service was terrible. You do have to pay extra to park your car. Would not walk around the area outside at night however, does have easy access to the interstate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Joanna M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying at the hotel. I am sorry to hear that your experience in the restaurant was not what you expect from a Hilton property. I will be sharing your feedback with our team so we can work together to make sure it does not happen in the future. If you have the time to share your feedback I would be happy to speak with you. Please contact me at the hotel so I can better understand what transpired. The phone number for the hotel is 904-396-6111. Once again I apologize for the experience you had in our restaurant, and want you to know I am personally addressing the issue. I hope you have a great day.

David Shoshan

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank? Share your experiences!