“Average hotel, poor location and service” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book in Advance & Save
Ranked #36 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
London, United Kingdom
“Average hotel, poor location and service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was disappointed in this hotel, very basic and in an area where there is nothing nearby. Service is average to bad, when I arrived back from a meeting at lunchtime the room had not been cleaned and it took 3 phone calls and 2 hours to get it done.
I will find somewhere else when I come back to Jacksonville

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
David S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear FrankFurness,

Thank you for taking time to place your comments on Tripadvisor! While we cannot change our location we can definitely fix the issue you had with having your room cleaned the first time you requested service. I have spoken with both our front desk and housekeeping teams about your situation, and put together a plan to correct this error. I want you to know that we truly appreciate your business, and value you as a customer. We hope to see you in the future.

David Shoshan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel is so homey...

Very near to my office though we still need a car to get to the buidling. I enjoyed the facilities (gym, laundry room (lol!). The lobby is looks so tidy and as well as the resto. By the way, I love their free cookies every night....!!!!

The staff from the front desk (William and Larry) are soo cool and helpful as well as the resto staff. I love them!

My concern is the call center that took my call when I asked how much was the breakfast. He quoted $6 but it turned out to be almost $13. I hope he is more equipped with the knowledge needed.

Still, love the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Louieboytoy,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor about our hotel. We truly appreciate your business, and know you have many choices. I am sorry to hear about the misinformation from our call center in regards to breakfast pricing. I will be personally contacting the call center to ensure they have the correct information in their system. Once again thank you again for staying with us, and have a great weekend!!!

Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel several times and until now have been entirely happy. On our latest visit however we were given a fine room on the sixth floor. Specifically the room was on the Northwest corner. What is important about this is that across the street from the hotel at this location is a nightclub that plays extremely LOUD music until 2AM. It was impossible to get to sleep. In Jacksonville there is apparently no noise ordinance that applies to businesses. Apparently this is not a new problem. See other reviews.
The next AM we were moved to a room on the interior overlooking the pool. All was quiet. Rose at the front desk was indeed a rose and did all she could do to improve our stay. If you're to stay at this hotel on a Friday or Saturday, do NOT get a room anywhere the Northwest corner of the hotel. Otherwise all was fine.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Northwest corner of the hotel on weekends.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
David S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Mr. Stuart,

Thank you for your kind words about Rose! We truly appreciate your feedback, and want you to know that we are working on resolving the noise issue with our neighbors. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Fort Myers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Traveled for business and had a very nice stay. We were there for four days and had several rooms. The staff was very accommodating and the property was clean.

The location is very good, but the restaurants and bars that are within walking distance are on the edge of "walking distance." The restaurant/bar area in the hotel is nice, but closes at 10 p.m. Seemed strange given how large the area was and how well stocked the bar seemed to be.

Also, there is a biker bar across the street which caused some noise on our last two nights. They got quiet around 12:30 a.m., and the rest of the evening was uneventful.

Room Tip: Request a room that faces the parking garage to avoid noise from the bars. You'll lose the view...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear eightonesix,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. We truly appreciate you staying with is and understanding about our noisy neighbors. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My recent stay at this Hilton property was for business in the Jacksonville area. When I checked in I was told that I was the "guest of the day". That was a nice treat...I got a free breakfast, and a free snack and beverage from their Pantry. The only meal I ate there was in the morning and it was a standard buffet, with made to order omelet, which was very well done. When I return to this area for business, I will stay here again. The bedroom and bathroom were clean and well appointed. The bathroom had a new glass doored shower, which I really like better than the shower/tub with shower curtain. I am hoping that this is something the Hilton company is changing out in more of their hotels. They have a nice pool area which is in a courtyard and well protected.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side over look the interstate, but I could not hear trafffic.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ms. Kathy,

I am so excited to hear that you were chosen as our guest of the day during your visit last month. We are so happy to hear that you had a enjoyable stay and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Renton, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville is a standard Hilton Garden Inn. Nice, clean accomodations, nothing fancy but comfortable. When we arrived there was no one at the front desk. We waited for almost 5 minutes when the front desk clerk finally showed up. She greated us nicely but she did not apologize for the wait. It seems to me that if your front desk person is going to be away there should be a sign saying they will return soon, makes happy customers.

The service picked up when we returned later in the day to visit the bar and met Megan. Very nice young lady who took very good care of us. The service was very good even when she got busy. The hotel is in a business district so there is not much around as far as restaurants or bars. For the first time at a Hilton Garden Inn we paid for parking. Other than that there is not much to say about the hotel, clean accomodations, good service at the bar, fix the front desk thing and you have a great hotel. Actually the front desk clerk has good customer service, just make sure you indicate when you will return if you have to leave the desk. Another staffing issue, I sense a pattern forming for this trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Pamela-and-Greg,

Thank your for your review about our hotel! I am sorry to hear that it took so long for our front desk agent to make inital contact. I have spoken with our Front Desk Manager about better ways to monitor the desk so it doesn't happen again in the future. I am glad to hear that Megan at our bar helped turn things around.

GEORGIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed for 4 days to celebrate my anniversary. This hotel is first class. They acknowledged my anniversary at check-in. Thanks to the staff for an upgrade to a presidential suite. Magnificent room. The bed was one of the best ever with the ability to adjust the firmness. The shower!!! 6 shower heads, perfect temperature. Location is prime for downtown. Very close to the Jacksonville Landing. Easy access to the interstate also. Want to thank Ms. Rosa for her help with an item I left. She took it upon herself to retrieve my item and see to it that we got it back. Ms. Rosa rocks!!!!! There is a night club near but it was only loud Friday might and about 12am it was over. So it was cool with us. Great stay!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Dear GeorgiaTraveling,

Thank you so much for your nice comments about our hotel and sharing your experience. I will definitely pass on your kind words to Rose! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Happy Belated Anniversary!!!!

David Shoshan

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank? Share your experiences!