Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2040 Mayport Road, jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL 32233   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #45 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“A great night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at the Express because of it's location to the Jacks or Better casino boat at Mayport. We only stayed one night but we were both impressed with how clean the hotel is. The staff did a great job. We weren't impressed with the eggs, but the cinnamon rolls always impress! Yum!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
neilatjax, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your comments on our hotel with Trip Advisor .We are grateful and thankful for your response. “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude”. We can't and will not, I will be sure to make my colleagues day and share your comments with them. Your great review is valuable feedback to all . Thank you very much we are humbled by your comments and your observation I was delighted to read your great feedback. Thank you, I am so thankful for my colleagues for delivering the great experiences to all of our guests, the since of ownership in our team what makes us what we are. Please return again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
asheville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I booked this motel thorough Expedia in hopes I would recieve a "quality hotel" as stated on Expedia's website. I never thought I would be put in a very unsafe location. I booked the hotel as part of my vacation in hopes I would be remotely close to the beach. The hotel is within three miles of the beach, however the closest route has you passing through a very unsafe part of the area. I would definitely not suggest walking. Within the first fifteen minutes of arriving the foot traffic and bike traffic in front of the motel would suggest this is a main route where vagrants commute. Again. I would not suggest walking in this area. I have posted a picture of the view from the pool which is what appears to be very low income apartments possibly even public housing. The apartments are no less than 300 feet from the pool and hotel. I arrived at Atlantic Beach three hours before check-in time and voiced my concerns about booking a hotel in the area with the front desk employee and her response was: "We do not do refunds or exchanges of any kind for rooms booked by Expedia." I even stated I would gladly pay a penalty just to get a partial refund and was told "We can cancel your room but you will not receive any money back." Besides the Major concerns above once I got into the room there were stains on the bedsheets and pillowcase. The room smells very badly of mold and/or some sort of water damage. The two positive things I can say about the hotel is that the staff was professional and the cookies provided in the lobby are excellent.
*****PLEASE LOOK AT THE PICTURES BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO BOOK AT THIS HOTEL***

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear truesome2006,

We really appreciate you sharing your feedback about your stay. It’s great to hear you were able to get to know some of our staff members and that they truly made a difference in your stay. However, I am truly sorry if we fell below your expectations in some aspects. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had because of the condition of the bedsheets and pillowcases, unusual smell of the room and location of our property. I will make sure that your valuable feedback will be reviewed and be forwarded to the appropriate departments for monitoring and improvements. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The location is slightly off the beaten path of the beach resort lifestyle and nightlife, however upon arrival, we were greeted with a warm smile, very helpful and dog friendly staff. When driving North on Mayport Rd. you may think to yourself, "I'm not to sure about this location?", "looks pretty far from anything." This hotel is only a short 5 min drive south to the heart of Atlantic and Neptune Beaches with dog friendly restaurants and bars. Or 5 minute drive north to Hanna park with 5 miles of dog-friendly beach (leashes are required), or just 25 miles North to Fernandina Beach!
Victoria and Amelia (Front Desk) assisted us with all of our questions, and offered assistance directing us to all the dog-friendly restaurants and beaches. Amelia doted on our dog (Lab mix), and she even baked hand made cookies for welcoming new guests and saying goodbye to the outgoing guests.....and they were the BEST cookies I have ever had!!
Once inside, you are transported to a 4 diamond hotel in the heart of a major city. The staff went above and beyond at every request. The hotel was immaculately clean! And the housekeeping staff was friendly and conscientious, even placing our dog's toys back in her dog bed. There is a complimentary continental breakfast that offers eggs, bacon, susage, biscuts and gravy as well as all the extra goodies. We were thoroughly impressed! The staff's care and concern for their guests (including the animals) was beyond reproach and I highly recommend this location at 2040 Mayport Rd. for a weekend getaway or even just an overnight.
A special thanks to Victoria and Amelia, you really made our stay special!!

Room Tip: Since there are only three floors, I suggest a room near the stairs to the pool. All the rooms seem...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
neilatjax, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
We are so thrilled that our property was your favorite and I’m glad our staff was friendly and helpful. We strive to give great service every time to every guest and I’m glad that you guys took the time to review us online. Thanks for the kind words. We hope you stay with us again next time you are in the area.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We visited in early June and unfortunately for us, it rained for the entire week were there. The hotel however, was conveniently located to the beach - just about a 5 - 10 minute car ride. The hotel was clean and the the bathroom was spacious. There is a small refrigerator which we used often and the staff was friendly.

The breakfasts were good and my kids loved the cinnamon rolls. They offered everything from oatmeal to sausage, scrambled eggs, cereal pancakes and bacon along with several juice options and of course, coffee and tea.

The only downside was that some of the clientele were a bit on the "rough" side. We had one guy think it was ok to come downstairs for breakfast barefoot, no shirt and his shorts were hanging so low we got a lovely view of his crack while he was in line for breakfast.

The pool is a nice feature, not the greatest, but it is what it is. Once again, the one time were able to use the pool though, we had some rough around the edges people, but they didn't bother anyone so it was all good.

The street the hotel is on does not offer much in terms of food or entertainment, but restaurants, bars and the beach are just a quick trip away. There are a couple of gas stations just down the road in case you need any sundry type items.

There is a very small fitness room with two treadmills and some free weights. It was sufficient for what I needed while we were there.

In all, for the money, I'd say it was a value.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are quieter as they back up to a field or residential area if I remember corre...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
neilatjax, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you very much for the review! I'm glad to hear our hotel lived up to the Holiday Inn Express name. We all strive for consistancy in cleanliness, and customer service, and want our guest to have the same experience at every Holiday Inn Expresses. Again, thank you for the review and your kind words about our hotel, and we look forward to your next visit.
Long Beach, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

.@HolidayInn I'm writing this review from my room at the HolidayInn Express-Mayport. After an overbooking at another hotel in Jacksonville, I bid on priceline.com and was given the HI-Mayport. This was fine by me, as the location and reviews were good for this property and my past experience with HI Express normally left me pretty happy. Unfortunately, I now have a very sour taste due to this particular hotel and am ruing having even stayed here.

Knowing how Priceline assigns rooms and that my wife and son would need need to check in without me, I called the hotel yesterday evening and requested an early check in for them and stated I needed a room that would accommodate three people. The person answering the phone was quite helpful and stated there would be a room available anytime after 1pm for them.

Today, My wife called and said they didn't want to let her in early and all that was available was 1 king bed w/ no additional pull out. They also wanted $10 dollars for a rollaway. I told her not to worry and I'd deal with it when I arrived, that I was sure they would accommodate us as promised.

I immediately when to the front desk when I got to the property and brought up my concerns. An understatement would be that this fell upon unhelpful ears. The clerk dug in on her position and it was at that point that I realized the greed and ego of the hotel management must supersede the need for proper customer care and following through on what was promised the evening before.

Will I stay at HI Express again? Of course. Will I stay for more than one evening here or ever again. No way.

As a final aside, we purchased to go food from the greek diner down the street and when we brought it back to the hotel and ate in the dining area, no one turned on any lights for us or showed us where the switches were, so we were basically left eating in the dark. See above regarding Greed.

Room Tip: Make sure you call in advance AND get the room number during the call.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHG Care at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Michael C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the misdemeanor you experienced. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel and I have already documented your comments. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care
Newton, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My 2 teenage daughters and I stayed here for 5 nights. It was so easy to drive to and not get lost anywhere (which we are from a small town in Illinois, so that was a concern) So close to where we needed and wanted to go, beach and University of North Florida, Hodges Stadium. Also downtown Jacksonville was close and easy to get to. Not far from the airport either. All in all, it was just wonderful!! Service was great! Breakfast food was good! Only thing I would have liked to improve was keeping the outdoor pool open later in the evening. I think it closed at 6.
Rooms were nice and clean. Beds were comfortable too. I would recommend this hotel and loved the Jax beaches! Overall a very very nice experience! Even downtown Jacksonville was easy to drive in. We would love to go back to Jacksonville. Great experience!!

Room Tip: Some reviews said to get the rooms to the back of the hotel for less traffic noise. We didn't...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you so much for the high praise.I'm glad that you were able to have an enjoyable experience at our hotel.We Glad To Announce That We Have Extended Our Pool Hours Till 10.00Pm.Once Again Thank You For Your Time In Writing This Wonderful Review About Our Hotel.We look forward to welcoming you back. Happy Travels.
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I am a priority club member but nowhere near platinum member status when I stayed here and was still upgraded to a Jacuzzi room.

The hotel staff was as nice as you could ask for. The location was clean and I had a great nights sleep after soaking in the Jacuzzi before bed.

I certainly do not expect to get upgraded to such a nice room every time I stay here but it will be in the back of my mind when looking at which hotel to book in the future when business takes me back to Jacksonville.

Room Tip: Joing the Priority club you just might get an upgrade.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thanks for staying with us, we’re glad you liked the Free Room Upgrade. We hope to see you again if you are in this area.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach

Address: 2040 Mayport Road, jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL 32233
Location: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
#33 Romantic Hotel in Jacksonville
#35 Family Hotel in Jacksonville
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach 2.5*
Welcome to Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Jacksonville-Atlantic Beach! Minutes from the Mayport Naval Station and a short 20 minutes from the Jacksonville airport, travelers appreciate how convenient we are to Jacksonville, Neptune, Atlantic and Ponte Vedra Beach. Spend the day at Hannah Park or an evening on the Sun Cruz Casino gambling the night away. Relax away the afternoon in our sparkling pool or take the family to Adventure Landing Water Park. Whether you are in Jacksonville for business or leisure, the downtown area is just 20 minutes away and the beaches are only a 5 minute drive. Plan to attend one of our Beach Festivals or The Players Championship at Sawgrass Country Club. Let Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Atlantic Beach be your perfect home away from home. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.