“Reasonable rates at a convenient location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2040 Mayport Road, jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL 32233   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #34 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Reasonable rates at a convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We visited in early June and unfortunately for us, it rained for the entire week were there. The hotel however, was conveniently located to the beach - just about a 5 - 10 minute car ride. The hotel was clean and the the bathroom was spacious. There is a small refrigerator which we used often and the staff was friendly.

The breakfasts were good and my kids loved the cinnamon rolls. They offered everything from oatmeal to sausage, scrambled eggs, cereal pancakes and bacon along with several juice options and of course, coffee and tea.

The only downside was that some of the clientele were a bit on the "rough" side. We had one guy think it was ok to come downstairs for breakfast barefoot, no shirt and his shorts were hanging so low we got a lovely view of his crack while he was in line for breakfast.

The pool is a nice feature, not the greatest, but it is what it is. Once again, the one time were able to use the pool though, we had some rough around the edges people, but they didn't bother anyone so it was all good.

The street the hotel is on does not offer much in terms of food or entertainment, but restaurants, bars and the beach are just a quick trip away. There are a couple of gas stations just down the road in case you need any sundry type items.

There is a very small fitness room with two treadmills and some free weights. It was sufficient for what I needed while we were there.

In all, for the money, I'd say it was a value.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are quieter as they back up to a field or residential area if I remember corre...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
neilatjax, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you very much for the review! I'm glad to hear our hotel lived up to the Holiday Inn Express name. We all strive for consistancy in cleanliness, and customer service, and want our guest to have the same experience at every Holiday Inn Expresses. Again, thank you for the review and your kind words about our hotel, and we look forward to your next visit.

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

.@HolidayInn I'm writing this review from my room at the HolidayInn Express-Mayport. After an overbooking at another hotel in Jacksonville, I bid on priceline.com and was given the HI-Mayport. This was fine by me, as the location and reviews were good for this property and my past experience with HI Express normally left me pretty happy. Unfortunately, I now have a very sour taste due to this particular hotel and am ruing having even stayed here.

Knowing how Priceline assigns rooms and that my wife and son would need need to check in without me, I called the hotel yesterday evening and requested an early check in for them and stated I needed a room that would accommodate three people. The person answering the phone was quite helpful and stated there would be a room available anytime after 1pm for them.

Today, My wife called and said they didn't want to let her in early and all that was available was 1 king bed w/ no additional pull out. They also wanted $10 dollars for a rollaway. I told her not to worry and I'd deal with it when I arrived, that I was sure they would accommodate us as promised.

I immediately when to the front desk when I got to the property and brought up my concerns. An understatement would be that this fell upon unhelpful ears. The clerk dug in on her position and it was at that point that I realized the greed and ego of the hotel management must supersede the need for proper customer care and following through on what was promised the evening before.

Will I stay at HI Express again? Of course. Will I stay for more than one evening here or ever again. No way.

As a final aside, we purchased to go food from the greek diner down the street and when we brought it back to the hotel and ate in the dining area, no one turned on any lights for us or showed us where the switches were, so we were basically left eating in the dark. See above regarding Greed.

Room Tip: Make sure you call in advance AND get the room number during the call.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHG Care at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Michael C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the misdemeanor you experienced. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel and I have already documented your comments. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care
Newton, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My 2 teenage daughters and I stayed here for 5 nights. It was so easy to drive to and not get lost anywhere (which we are from a small town in Illinois, so that was a concern) So close to where we needed and wanted to go, beach and University of North Florida, Hodges Stadium. Also downtown Jacksonville was close and easy to get to. Not far from the airport either. All in all, it was just wonderful!! Service was great! Breakfast food was good! Only thing I would have liked to improve was keeping the outdoor pool open later in the evening. I think it closed at 6.
Rooms were nice and clean. Beds were comfortable too. I would recommend this hotel and loved the Jax beaches! Overall a very very nice experience! Even downtown Jacksonville was easy to drive in. We would love to go back to Jacksonville. Great experience!!

Room Tip: Some reviews said to get the rooms to the back of the hotel for less traffic noise. We didn't...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you so much for the high praise.I'm glad that you were able to have an enjoyable experience at our hotel.We Glad To Announce That We Have Extended Our Pool Hours Till 10.00Pm.Once Again Thank You For Your Time In Writing This Wonderful Review About Our Hotel.We look forward to welcoming you back. Happy Travels.
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I am a priority club member but nowhere near platinum member status when I stayed here and was still upgraded to a Jacuzzi room.

The hotel staff was as nice as you could ask for. The location was clean and I had a great nights sleep after soaking in the Jacuzzi before bed.

I certainly do not expect to get upgraded to such a nice room every time I stay here but it will be in the back of my mind when looking at which hotel to book in the future when business takes me back to Jacksonville.

Room Tip: Joing the Priority club you just might get an upgrade.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thanks for staying with us, we’re glad you liked the Free Room Upgrade. We hope to see you again if you are in this area.
Montgomery, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

But this is coming from a reviewer that stays in condos and lux hotels when she travels. The room was fine. The AC was weird. It's more like a fan than air conditioner. I killed a roach in the bathroom. They did not have fresh, new rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom. No towel racks!? The beds were a little bouncy. The front desk staff seemed insincere to me. Maybe I was having a bad weekend. LOL! I'm used to picking really good hotels. This one...was just okay. I paid $114 a night on hotels.com. If I had to do it over, I wouldn't pay over $89. It's close to the beach which is probably really important for some travelers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Lauraua,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Your comments are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We are very concerned when situations like these occur and would like to follow up. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your stay.

Myrna M
Case Manager
IHGCare
patterson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

My family and I enjoy staying at Holiday Inn on Mayport Rd. It is located in a central location of the airport, St. Johns Town Center, St. Augustine Mall, Fernadina Beach and Jax Beaches! I had a problem to arise and the manager Mr. Neil Patel was very kind and helpful. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. From the desk clerk,
housekeeping, and breakfast cook , everyone one was very helpful and friendly. Mr. Neil Patel,manager, went out of his way to make sure we were happy. You will not regret staying here.
It's not in a conjested area either. The trees are beautiful!!! thank you, Mr. Patel and your staff!!!

Room Tip: The suites are nice! Fresh Market and Starbucks are very close by.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank You so Much For The AWESOM Review.We’re glad you thought our staff was friendly and our rooms were clean, but most of all, we’re glad to have people like you as our guests. We all hope to see you again next time you are traveling through Florida!
Cape May, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I was very happy with the hotel! Clean rooms, very nice staff, microwave and small fridge in the room. Breakfast was good, pancakes, cereal, eggs, buscuits and gravy, so much to mention. Bed was very comfy!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
neilatjax, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank You So Much For Your Short And Sweet Review.Your Review Pretty Much Said Every Thing About Our Hotel, Hope To See You Soon If You Are Back In Jacksonville Area.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach

Address: 2040 Mayport Road, jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL 32233
Location: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
#26 Family Hotel in Jacksonville
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach 2.5*
Welcome to Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Jacksonville-Atlantic Beach! Minutes from the Mayport Naval Station and a short 20 minutes from the Jacksonville airport, travelers appreciate how convenient we are to Jacksonville, Neptune, Atlantic and Ponte Vedra Beach. Spend the day at Hannah Park or an evening on the Sun Cruz Casino gambling the night away. Relax away the afternoon in our sparkling pool or take the family to Adventure Landing Water Park. Whether you are in Jacksonville for business or leisure, the downtown area is just 20 minutes away and the beaches are only a 5 minute drive. Plan to attend one of our Beach Festivals or The Players Championship at Sawgrass Country Club. Let Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Atlantic Beach be your perfect home away from home. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.