“Overrated” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,720 restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Flagler
Orange Park, Florida
“Overrated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We cook better steak at home. The service was very attentive and professional. The view of the river was the nicest thing about the dinner.

89% Recommend
Florida
“Best dining experience everytime.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I love steak. Ruth Chris has found a way to make it the best steak I have ever had. This place is fine dining at it's best. Get a table near the windows, if possible, for a great view. Reservations are a must and this is an excellent place for an aniversary. They go above and beyond for you. Special requests are no problem here. The staff is excellent and the food is even better. I eat here twice a year do to the cost but I look forward to it every time.

Visited December 2012
Brechin, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Fantastic food, but huge helpings. There were 16 of us, so we were split into two groups and that led to confusion over the bill. Our waiter was adamant that we couldn't be charged twice for the same meal.... Ah hem... Yes we could! Was he apologetic? No. Did he get a tip? Not bloomin' likely! It was embarrassing and detracted from a really first rate meal.

Visited January 2013
“Thanksgiving Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Good place to take the family. They had a Thanksgiving meal plus the regular menu was available. When you leave they give you a "leftovers" box with more turkey and dressing.

Visited November 2012
St Johns, FL
“Blah”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We found this restaurant to be very heavy on wood and glass decor and way too lite on the meal. More like a meeting in the boardroom type of experience, which was stiff and uncomfortable for myself and for my companion. When I am not in boardrooms I prefer a softer and more comfortable ambiance, especially when I am dining out.

The small filet looked very lonely on a large plate. Al a carte sides were picture perfect, but uninspiring in taste. For the price, and in being very familiar with my favorite steak, I would have expected a prime cut of tenderloin. However, I suspect it was choice at best. Not the best example, by far, of any I have eaten at the major national chains. So frankly, I have no idea at this point of why all the fuss over this chain.

My recommendation is elsewhere with either Flemings or Mortons, although Mortons is no longer located in Jax and Flemings has not yet made it here. If in Miamai or Orlando, recommend Capital Grill (but not the one in Jax).

• Visited September 2012