“Don't Eat Here...Go to Red Lobster instead!!!” 2 of 5 stars

5205 Big Island Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32246
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market - Jacksonville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #163 of 1,678 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“Don't Eat Here...Go to Red Lobster instead!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

My wife and I went for Easter dinner this year and we were completely DISAPPOINTED!!! The recommended appetizer (crab dip) was FISHY and disgusting!!! I have tasted better at lesser restaurants. WE were given approximately 10 tortilla chips to go with this dip and I asked for a bit more. The waitress told me that they were not allowed to give more (and did not even suggest an upcharge)!!! The gumbo was TERRIBLE and the rice was HARD (very crunchy)!!! The stuffed sea bass was just okay and I enjoyed the shark fin pie.

I will not return to this restaurant again. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone. Please SAVE your money. They are overpriced! Red Lobster is better than this place!!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Blacksburg, Virginia
“Very Good menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Most of the fish is fresh, the waitress tells you what is the latest they received. There is a list of fishes and options of preparations so you can easily customize what you want to eat. Good selection of wines. Very good service. I also like the ambience a lot, feels comfortable and noise level is good enough to have a conversation.

Amelia Island, Florida
“Great Food, Service and a Big Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

My wife and I had lunch at Mitchell's earlier this week. It was our first time at Mitchell's, a chain restaurant with shaded outdoor seating on the fringe of Town Center Mall in Jacksonville. It has a warm chop house feel.

We were greeted well by the hostess and promptly seated with our small dog. The waiter greeted us with a big smile and presented our dog with a metal bowl of iced water which was paramount to serving him a Martini! He couldn't have been more accommodating. I had the fish and lobster chips which was very good. My wife had a cobb salad also excellent. The food and space was great and we commented that we would definitely come back.

Now for the surprise. Opening my email this morning was an email from Sarah Smith, the Operations Manager of MFM, advising that they had found my wife's IPhone that had been left behind. She wrote a very nice note and told us that she would keep the phone safe until we could return and pick it up.

I know from experience that it sometimes takes a lot of time to figure out who belongs to a phone so we very much appreciate Sarah and the folks at Mitchell's that took the time and effort to find us.

So, a nice lunch and a great reason to return for another great meal. Thanks Mitchell's Fish Market!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Great seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

The choice of fresh seafood from around the world fixed in the manner you select is wonderful. The service is great and the decor is comfortable. Don't forget to save room for desert, as they have the best carrot cake in the world, and one serving can serve 2 or more people.

Visited February 2014
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, USA
“Our First Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Mid priced seafood chain. Had lunch with my wife. The fish sandwich and salad were very good. Service was way above most chains that we have been to. Prices were reasonable.

Visited March 2014