“Fun time” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 70 Attractions in Jacksonville
Activities: Viewing wildlife, Walking
More attraction details
Owner description: This 73-acre park is the only zoo in Florida's northeast.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Warner Robins, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
“Fun time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

It was a fun time.The price was far and the animals were well taken care of.There are extras that you will have to pay for.I wasn't that fond of the butterflies.The sting ray and birds were great!

Visited September 2013

Jacksonville, Florida
“Run down facility”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We recently visited the zoo with family from out of town and found it was not as nice as it once was. There was trash everywhere, the bathrooms were dirty, and one of the bathrooms were closed completely. We had to walk a long way to find another, and the paper towel dispenser was broken there too! On top of that, the baby changing station was broken, so we had to use a bench outside. When we asked someone at one of the rides about it, they said its been broken for a while. This is no way to run a business! Hopefully they get some things done and soon or they will start losing business!

Visited August 2013
14 attraction reviews
“Had hoped for much more”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Went with oceanbluephoto on july 4th with high hopes and was disappointed. The only things that saved the day were the stingrays which was extra.

Visited July 2013
keystone heights, fl
12 attraction reviews
“A great day - adult birthday celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was looking for something out of the ordinary to celebrate mine & my husband's birthdays. We lived in Jax for years, but moved about 70 miles away 10+ years ago. But we kept hearing great things about the Jacksonville Zoo. So we made a birthday celebration out of it and were not disappointed.

Eventhough it was early May, it was already a "bit" warm. So some of the outdoor animals were not very active. Understandable. Don't most of us "hide in the air conditioning" when given a choice?

We enjoyed the whole zoo, but really enjoyed the up close and personal features including: feeding the giraffes, the two different bird aviaries and the butterfly encounter. I had one butterfly that insisted on landing on my hand and was probing between my fingers searching for nectar! What DID I have on my hands???

But it all made for a very lovely day, lots of photo opportunities and something that we would recommend to anyone who is fascinated by animals.

(Since it WAS my husband's birthday and it was included with our admission, I made my husband ride the carousel. He said it was the first time he ever remembered riding on one. A milestone set on his day at the Zoo! Ok, maybe he preferred the other encounters I mentioned above, but a fun addition to our special day!)

Visited May 2013
Deltona, Florida
47 attraction reviews
“Fun Zoo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This zoo is fantastic! My favorite animal is a giraffe and I got to feed them here! It was absolutely terrific! The rest of the zoo was pretty great, as well. It is a huge zoo with a lot of area to explore. My boyfriend and I came here for our anniversary and truly enjoyed seeing all of the animals. We got there right when it opened and some of the animals weren't out yet but we still had a blast. We enjoyed going in their air conditioned exhibits and seeing the snakes to get out of the hot sun. We were disappointed in their penguin presentation because the zookeepers didn't even speak to the guests during it but it was still nice to see them feed and check on the penguins. We took advantage of their picnic area outside of the park and brought a picnic lunch. It was nice. The staff members that we did talk to were extremely friendly and helpful. The zoo grounds were very clean, family friendly, and affordable. I truly recommend this zoo to anyone! You won't regret it!

Visited April 2013