“Enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Cecil Field Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Cecil Field Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Cecil Field Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   525 Chaffee Point Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL 32221-4109   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #59 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Orlando, United States
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very Friendly staff and accommodations. Great breakfast and nice variety. I would recommend this Hotel for the average business traveler or family visiting the area. It's convenient to major highways and still out of the hustle and bustle. West Jacksonville right off I-10.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Jacksonville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was satisfied with everything except the price. Too high although I know the market value would justify it. Next time I will look for a lesser priced hotel to save money. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The pool is in an odd place behind the hotel and not used by many guests although the temperatures were high. The pool just didn't look inviting seeing how it was located behind the building as part of the parking lot. The hotel itself is nice but not in the greatest of locations as there isn't much around. If Orange Park was not a traffic nightmare I would have stayed there for much less.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stay here twice a week on business. The only problem with the hotel I have is when it rains it floods the parking lot which should be fixed. But over all my wife and I stay at Best Westerns when we go on vacations

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Land O Lakes, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The room was very nice with extremely comfortable beds. Could not get wi-fi to work first night and was told that a thunderstorm the night before had probably knocked it out. Still could not get on the following morning and went to the desk with my computer. The young lady reset the server and I still could not get on. We went out and when we returned the young lady saw me and told me that I would be able to get on wi-fi as they had to reset the entire thing. I was impressed that she watched for me to return. Breakfast items are spread out so make sure you see what all is available before serving your self. Would definitely stay again. One bad thing was the smell of the elevator.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Savannah, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I needed a convenient overnight stop near I295 and I10 and this Best Western delivered exactly that. The room quality, quietness and morning breakfast were excellent for the "under a 100 dollars" price. The front desk was very helpful on arrival and everything in the room was in working order. I will use this facility again in the future on trips to the JAX area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed the nite before cruising out of Jacksonville, just 20 min. from terminal. Friendly, clean rooms, great breakfast except for the coffee, hope they change brands ;), just walking distance from anything you need and great rates.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
boston, Massachusetts, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

This hotel is NOT a family hotel, and that needs to be stated. My family booked 4 rooms to stay at for my brothers wedding, he had an arrangement with the hotel, and we were all on different floors. The fourth floor is a smoking floor, even though it has non smoking rooms on it, they still smell like smoke. And even though they say they provide cribs, they dont. When I asked for the crib they showed me a newborn infant crib that was not even put together! This was the only hotel I have ever been to that did not have a pack'n'play, and the manager said she was told by her supervisior that she could not get one either. Most of the rooms do not even have bathtubs, so good luck trying to bathe your young children in a shower. Breakfast ended at 9 in the morning!!! Who wants to go on vacation and rush out of bed by 9 in order to get breakfast? And again, if you have young children dont even bother because they dont even have one high chair in the whole hotel. Since we had traveled halfway across the country to go to my brothers wedding, a playpen and high chair were not things I could fly with and not being provided by the hotel really put a damper on things. There were no towels provided for the pool. Housekeeping told us to ask the front desk and the front desk had to go to housekeeping to get them. On check out day we were all checked out at 11 and we had to wait an hour or so for our ride to the airport. After waiting in the lobby and using the bathroom, we were told that we needed to leave because once we checked out we were not allowed to use any of the hotel facilities. Even though we had just paid for four rooms for four nights!!! I dont know if this is just how they run things in the South or just at this hotel, but we were all highly disappointed. This seems to be a business hotel and not one for families of any sort, and thats how it should be advertised.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Cecil Field Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!