“Noisy room” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York
“Noisy room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The room (on the top floor), though handsome and spacious, was like an icebox when we arrived - the thermometer read 71. We had to switch the AC to Heat, which emitted a burning smell (probably from long disuse). But the main problem was the throbbing noise coming from the ceiling, especially noticeable when lying down in the beds. It was like the inside of an old freighter. Disappointing. The pillows are undersize.

Room Tip: We chose the top floor, hoping to avoid the problem of tramping overhead guests other reviews mentio...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris S, Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear valued guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I apologize for the noise you experienced while staying with us. I believe the noise you heard could have came from our AC units. I will task our Chief Engineer with rectifying what you heard on that particular floor. Otherwise, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay!

Best Regards,
Chris S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

A pleasant surprise at the airport. Great room design with a Japanese style screen that separates the sitting area from the bedroom. Comfortable king bed and modern bathroom as well as a desk complete the well laid out room. Breakfast, airport shuttle, and free overnight parking make this hotel well worth the money. Would definitely stay again

Room Tip: Great location no noise from Rte 95
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Just look at the photos - it seems housekeeping has 0 regard for room conditions. There was an easy to see black hair left on the bed. And what led to my immediate departure was the large white stain on the brown pillow that was propped up against the sleeping pillows - make your own decision about what caused the stain.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:

Please accept my deepest apologies for the cleanliness issues you encountered in your guest room. I have no excuses, as there is no excuse for an unclean guest room! While we strive for perfection, there are times when even a hotel of our caliber makes mistakes. But, I can assure you, we will learn from this and do our best to ensure we do not drop the ball like this again.

Best Regards,
Chris S
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Ok, it's just a hotel. I am not sure why the reviews put is so far above other local hotels. My inlaws stayed at a Comfort Inn Suites down the road for less, and it was just as nice. Their room was actually bigger.

Well we walked into room, all good by just looking around. Drove 6 hours up to visit family, so wanted to take a nap. Pulled back the covers and the sheets on our bed were full of someone elses hair, and there was a clearish crusty stain on the side I was about to lie down on. Pulled the rest of the covers apart, and the mattress cover was loaded with hair. I know this is a hotel, and the staff does not want to have to change the flimsy mattress covers every visit, but at some point you really need to consider what people leave behind. I am pretty sure I had a good idea what was on my sheets. There was absolutely no excuse, as I did not have to pull out a magnifying glass to see the stain.

I hopped up, called the front desk, she apologized and moved us right away. Great. In case anyone is curious, no compensation for the dirty bed. The lady at the front desk didn't actually seem all that surprised.

What I did like, the staff really were curteous. The galley staff went out of their way one night for my son, and the hot breakfast was great. If I were a business traveler I would definitely stay here. They also have a plug console that had the two males in the family all excited.

However, for 4 nights (or if you want a small kitchenette) I would find a hotel with suites. I thought we would be ok with it, but I missed that small luxury of being able to cook. Oh, and the pool was not heated. May not be a big deal for some of you, but it's really cold to a Floridian. I would have given this hotel a higher rating, but no excuse for a dirty bed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were very tired when we checked in but couldn't help but notice stained carpet, When we got up the next morning we noticed there were no toilitries in the bathroom except for a used soap in the shower. Not what we expected. When my daughter went down to get toilitries there was minimal apologies. Situation not handled well at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Richmond Hill, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel was nice. The lobby is really nice but the rooms are average. I would not stay there again because they charged me for "incidentals" which was normal I guess but they told me that it would be credited back to my card in a few days. It's been a month and I still have not received the credit to my card! What a rip off! I've called several times and they keep saving that it's going to be added back but that still hasn't happened! It's only $10 but they basically stole from me and that is not acceptable. That $10 has cost them a valued repeat customer! You can have the fanciest hotel in the world but if it last integrity, it's not a good place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Deerfield, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The staff was very friendly and the hotel is easy on and off the highway. Downtown Jacksonville is all of 20-30 minutes depending on where you are headed. There were a couple of issues that I brought to the attention of the staff that were not addressed in a timely manner that brought this from a 4 to a 3 rating. I would give it a second chance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport? Share your experiences!