“Jacksonville's Best Little Secret” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #22 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tallahassee, Florida
“Jacksonville's Best Little Secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Tucked away near a bevy of airport hotels, I took a chance booking the Hyatt Place Jacksonville. I hadn't been in this part of Jacksonville in a long, long time and remembered the old airport area that was ridden with icky hotels, bootleg gas stations and a sad little Waffle House.

I had a series of small meetings to find a venue for in this area and was sold by the online display of amenities and accommodations. This is my first time at the Hyatt Place brand under the Hyatt umbrella of hotels and wow was I surprised.

Rarely will I give ANYTHING a full high rating because I'm an event planner and there's always going to be something. Not a thing could be found at this property that irked me.

The staff is amazing. And not just the one or two people I had to deal with in catering/sales...the ENTIRE staff from housingkeeping and maintenance/set-up to front desk and meetings. They seemed to be pretty full the time I was here but you certainly couldn't tell it. It was quiet in my room, during the meetings each day and the staff didn't have to be told twice a single thing.

The meeting space was PERFECT. I needed 50 set classroom the first day and 35 hollow square the last two days and they not only made my last minute changes work, but they did it without a sound.

There's so much on site that makes it ridiculously convenient in a super simple way. The first day (Sunday) I arrived it was nice and quiet so I sat in the dining area and read. You have the option of getting Starbucks coffee or the house brand. There's a full variety of meal options that they can prepare for you or you can pick up a quick salad and sandwich too.

Breakfast is complimentary every morning which is pretty standard nowadays although, the options ranged from steel cut oatmeal to breakfast sandwiches. I'm low carb so I was delightfully happy that I could take the muffin off the bacon, egg and cheese sandwich and not feel guilty about my eating.

The rooms are great. Suite-size with a refrigerator, 43" flat screen and the bed is very comfortable.

The Hyatt Place is just around the corner from this shopping paradise with all the places you need (Office Max, restaurants, drug stores) as well as all the places you want (Marshall's). There's like 100 or so places over there.

By now, you get the drift, I'm happy with this property and I'll definitely return as long as I have a meeting that fits the property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view that's not right above the overhang if you plan on looking outside.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
South Lake Tahoe, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hyatt Place should always be a first choice for lodging. It's comfortable, clean, friendly and fair priced. We like to stay at them when we have early morning flights and want to be near the airport. However, I would stay in them any time for traveling. Awesome bed, nice rooms and bathrooms, very friendly staff, free transportation and breakfast in the morning. We have always had a nice experience with Hyatt Place and Jacksonville ranks among them.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We vacationed in Jacksonville at the Hyatt Place 5 days last week. The staff was pleasant and effective. The public areas and our room were immaculate. The bedding was lovely. We were disappointed with the skillet breakfasts. The food was very dry and hard except for the pancakes which were cold and undercooked. When I made the reservations, I was assured the kitchen served waffles -- unfortunately there were no waffles last week. The skillet concept is excellent, however I think it would be difficult to pull off unless the food was frequently replenished which, of course, would not be cost effective unless there were a high demand. We also wished there was an area where we could pick up information on local attractions. The front desk staff had little information on great restaurants, etc.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cocoa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here because it has such great ratings and was in a convenient location for visiting the coastal areas of Jacksonville. The room was very clean and newly remodeled with a sitting area, desk and a huge bathroom. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Other hotels could learn a lot from this Hyatt place. Outstanding charming customer service. Wonderful staff! Spotless. Good food and service. Convenient location. Shuttle service. Will do anything to make your stay more enjoyable. Very personal service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Naples
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I usually like these properties but this hotel had such a vibration that the floor and even my bed shook. Management couldn't explain it and of course they had no rooms to move me to. Very long sleepless night.

Never could figure out what the cause was but it sounded like a large generator or maybe a main exhaust fan

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris S, Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. The noise in which you describe appears to have been a rare and isolated incident. We have never heard of this issue before and we have not been able to hear any noise or feel any vibrations since the time of this review. If you would like to provide further details about this incident, please feel free to contact me directly so that we can research it further.

Best Regards,
Chris S
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I chose this hotel because of it's location. The "front desk" is small but the design of the welcome area works. There is a bar and food service area included in the same space. Staff was friendly and the service was good. After a difficult road ride it was nice to be able to get a drink and some food. The room was large and modern. I would have liked better lighting in the bathroom/changing area but this was a minor issue. I really liked the "plug in" portal by the TV. A nice modern update for a hotel room. The breakfast buffet was above average and the space was well designed and comfortable. A great choice for a reasonable rate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport? Share your experiences!