“AWESOME GALERY HOST!!! :D” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Sleep and Cruise Package
Ranked #16 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Madison, Wisconsin
“AWESOME GALERY HOST!!! :D”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Tia is by far one of the kindest and most considerate hotel employees I have ever had the pleasure of being served by. I have travelled the country as a cook trainer and restaurant store opener, stayed in many hotels of many brands. The Hyatt place, on top of having the distinction of being one of the finest buildings Ive been a resident of, now has my firm endorsement for equally fine service. Thank you Tia and to the rest of the Hyatt staff. Youve made my arrival in Jacksonville an enjoyable experience I will remember always

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Oakland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We arrived late to Jacksonville, and due to airport construction, there was a mix-up in where the shuttle was picking us up. After the problem was detected and solved, we were in for a treat. We arrived at the hotel which is beautiful. The lady at the front desk offered to cook us anything that we wanted to eat, we wanted nothing, but she finally talked us into some bowls of fresh fruit. We were so glad she did. She upgraded us to a beautiful suite at no extra charge because of the mix-up. The room was beautiful and clean, the bed and pillows were very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Attended a seminar at this hotel so the choice was already made. Very close to the airport as the nname implies, but that is a disadvantage when you want to also want to be closer to the main attractions.

Apart from that, very nice room with comfortable bed and pillows (top priority in a hotel I think). Great sitting area with plenty of room to stretch out and relax. Cons : no kettle, just a coffee maker which I had to work out how to heat water for tea. No shower caps. No mini bar and no real milk, just powdered 'creamer' (yuk).

Very friendly staff and really good food. Buffet breakfast with plenty of choices, and the best pizza I've had (altho only two varieties). Good Cosmos too! Excellent free wi fi internet.

Because of the location, not a choice for a holiday stay but otherwise a better than average experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are non-smoking but we were given a room on the ground floor right next to an outer door w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked a room in this hotel for a short business trip based on the tripadvisor rating. This hotel was certainly worth more than the $89/night I paid for it. Check-in took less than one minute, the staff was friendly and attentive, and the breakfast was excellent (interesting and different as opposed to the usual breakfast you get at similar hotels). The room (suite) was surprisingly big and very comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was a short trip, personal. Also, this was my first stay in a Hyatt hotel in ages. The property was neat and clean, although the decor was uninspiring which was a surprise. I arrived at night by car and the fist small issue was the sign and the entrance. Right next door to the Hyatt Place is the Jacksonville Suites, but from the road, the Hyatt sign looks like it belongs to the Jax Suites entrance so I made a wrong turn into the Suites and there was no thru street. A little annoying.

Front desk staff was friendly. I asked for a quiet room and had to chuckle when I arrived at the handicapped room. I will say this though, the room appeared to be slightly larger than the others. I quickly got past the lowered clothes bar in the closet and lowered towel bar in the bathroom. Were the beds also closer to the floor or was this my overactive imagination? The sink is outside the bathroom which I found odd. The shower was a walk-in shower and the tiles were not slippery even with the water softener hotels seemed to think people like. But Hyatt: how can you brand yourself as upscale and use those plastic, 50 cent shower hooks that require so much effort to slide across the shower bar?

The linens were fresh and crisp, the bed and pillows conducive to restful sleep. The wifi was free and easy to use and I noticed there were two workstations off the lobby and appeared to be free. I didn't have time to use the fitness center, but I peeped in and saw two treadmills, a recumbent bike and an elliptical; also a weight bench.

There is a free breakfast if you get there between 6am and 9:30 am. Lots of milk, juice, cereal and fresh fruit. The hot items were limited to unappetizing french toast and some english muffin concoctions and I think there was a toaster for some bread items. Just a reminder that if you are from the north, the south really doesn't get bagels so be forewarned The breakfast is so much better up the street at Denny's and the people are friendly there as well. I would stay here again, but I'll just go with a regular room next time.

Room Tip: Pay attention to the service road as you enter and exit Duval Road. There is a lot going on at the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Chris S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Hi Jackie,

Thank you so much for your review and your thoughtful room tip! You are right; our sign straddles the property line to another hotel. Unfortunately, due to city regulations we did not have much of a say as to where the sign could go. I will check to see if there is another option that Hyatt provides with regards to the shower hooks, thank you for bringing that to our attention! Otherwise, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Best,
Chris S
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

best choice for staying near airport. pleasantly surprised and "thank goodness" was our response upon walking into this hotel. we stopped at another large chain hotel and immediately walked out. so upon walking into this lovely hotel we were pleasantly and very gratefully surprised. room is large, very clean, quiet - employees outstanding and so friendly. went to Millhouse nearby for dinner, great recommendation by staff. Leah and company, you are a breath of fresh air, thank you for your kindness.

Room Tip: rooms are large, first floor great for the wheelchairs.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great decor and construction in these new hotels. We loved our room and they do a great job with the free breakfast. The staff are very nice. They make you feel like a VIP. Another restful night with Hyatt Place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport? Share your experiences!