This was a short trip, personal. Also, this was my first stay in a Hyatt hotel in ages. The property was neat and clean, although the decor was uninspiring which was a surprise. I arrived at night by car and the fist small issue was the sign and the entrance. Right next door to the Hyatt Place is the Jacksonville Suites, but from the road, the Hyatt sign looks like it belongs to the Jax Suites entrance so I made a wrong turn into the Suites and there was no thru street. A little annoying.
Front desk staff was friendly. I asked for a quiet room and had to chuckle when I arrived at the handicapped room. I will say this though, the room appeared to be slightly larger than the others. I quickly got past the lowered clothes bar in the closet and lowered towel bar in the bathroom. Were the beds also closer to the floor or was this my overactive imagination? The sink is outside the bathroom which I found odd. The shower was a walk-in shower and the tiles were not slippery even with the water softener hotels seemed to think people like. But Hyatt: how can you brand yourself as upscale and use those plastic, 50 cent shower hooks that require so much effort to slide across the shower bar?
The linens were fresh and crisp, the bed and pillows conducive to restful sleep. The wifi was free and easy to use and I noticed there were two workstations off the lobby and appeared to be free. I didn't have time to use the fitness center, but I peeped in and saw two treadmills, a recumbent bike and an elliptical; also a weight bench.
There is a free breakfast if you get there between 6am and 9:30 am. Lots of milk, juice, cereal and fresh fruit. The hot items were limited to unappetizing french toast and some english muffin concoctions and I think there was a toaster for some bread items. Just a reminder that if you are from the north, the south really doesn't get bagels so be forewarned The breakfast is so much better up the street at Denny's and the people are friendly there as well. I would stay here again, but I'll just go with a regular room next time.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport Hotel Jacksonville
- Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport Hotel
- Hyatt Place Jacksonville
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport is the newest property in the area. Hyatt Place offers complimentary shuttle service to and from Jacksonville International Airport. 127 well appointed rooms with a 42 inch HD television set, the Hyatt Grand Bed, and 24 hour food service all are yours at the Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.