“Just stopping through...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Phoenix, Arizona
“Just stopping through...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Top-notch Hotel!!!! On my way to Miami for a cruise, I stopped in Jacksonville to visit friends. The Hyatt Place was a fantastic place to stay. The accommodations were amazing. Staff was very eager to please and helpful in accommodating the guests needs. Clean, comfortable, NON-Smoking rooms with free wi-fi. It has a great breakfast buffet with little breakfast sandwiches amongst other choices. The pool; had it been warmer during my stay would have been nice, but the spa was a wonderful place to relax and unwind. I would definatly stay at the Hyatt Place again when I have the opportunity.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Iowa City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hotel has it all: spacious rooms, excellent service, and wonderful location. The staff was enthusiastic and memorable, Audrey at the front desk was very helpful in giving me directions to the local sites. Because the rates are so competitive, I'll be staying here again the next time I'm in the area!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

I had a great experience here. The staff was very professional and polite. The room was clean and comfortable. It was quiet so my daughter was able to sleep very well, which was fantastic because no one likes traveling with a grumpy baby. I would absolutely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012
Charleston, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I know this is a low end Hyatt hotel so I didn't expect it to be 5 star, but the hotel itself was not as we expected even as a 3 star. I expect a Hyatt branded hotel to be clean and comfortable, but this hotel didn't meet either of those expectations. We were given 3 rooms before we found one that was decent enough. I still wasn't happy with it, but I had a non-refundable reservation and my 14 month old along with a ton of luggage to keep dragging around so I settled on the best of the 3. I didn't expect to see anything better within the building at this point.

The first room was dirty with hair all over the tables, bed and floor and dust covering everything. I went to the registration desk and asked for a new room. The second room was still dirty although it looked like it had been cleaned a little better than the first until we saw the bed. The bed had dirty sheets and blankets on it. We found makeup smeared on the sheets. This time I had the desk clerk get the manager because I was very upset. She found a third room on another floor and walked up with me to inspect it. This room had cleaner tables, a couch that didn't have crusty stains and clean bed sheets so I agreed to stay in it. The bathroom had mold and mildew all around the shower glass and some of the tile which was still nasty, but I had shower shoes with me so it helped.

I took this trip with my 14 month old son and requested a crib in the room. They brought a pack and play which was damaged and the bolts were very loose. The whole thing would wobble and shake when he was in it and shifted his weight just a little. There was no padding left on the piece that goes in the bottom so I had to put a cushion and a pillow in the bottom of it to help pad it and help stop some of the wobbling. He was afraid to sleep in it and it scared me as well so we didn't get any sleep this night because neither of us were comfortable.

The manager was very nonchalant and didn't seem to care that this hotel was dirty. She sent a bottle of wine to my room for the trouble, but she needs to worry more about finding housekeepers who actually clean and do routine inspections of the rooms for cleanliness instead of sucking up to unsatisfied guests. I wish I had taken pictures of each of the rooms, but the only thing on my mind after a 12 hour drive was finding a clean room that was safe to let my son run around in without worrying about him finding anything nasty that should have been cleaned up by housekeeping.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chris S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear cruisin2some,

After reading your review, I am extremely disappointed by the experience you encountered while staying with us. Please allow me to sincerely apologize. First, there are no excuses for you to have been moved to three different rooms with each one not being up to standards. We take great pride in the cleanliness of the hotel and our housekeeping staff is usually very consistent.
Second, I have and will continue to address this situation to ensure that this does not happen again as it is our goal to exceed the expectations set by our guests and to make every stay a memorable one.
Again, I sincerely apologize for our sub-standard performance during your stay and please know that the appropriate measures will be taken to ensure that this does not happen again.

Best Regards,
Chris
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Outstanding hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean great location.Staff was very helpful, eager to please. Breakfast was great. The shuttle was great. The pool would have been great had the weather been better. It was great to be close to the airport were we had and early flight.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Titusville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is a hotel you dream to stay at: from the very beginning you feel really welcomed- fantastic staff work at Hyatt Place, they are kind, helpful and doing their best to make you comfortable (especially kind man from Colombia- thank you!). Rooms are very clean, spacious with free wi-fi. Breakfast is plentiful- it is actually a buffet with many kinds of food and drinks. We have found it accidentally on our last day in Jacksonville before going back home. It is a pity that it was so late… It was really great stay and if I ever visit again this part of US- I definitely stay there again. Our room was 64$/night with breakfast and parking (free).

Room Tip: You can try to find a newspaper with hotel discounts, with this one we got 20 $ less than regular pr...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here for 50 nights this year (not all in a row) while preparing to relocate for a new job. The rooms are large and comfortable, the internet is fast, housekeeping did a great job keeping my room clean, and the staff was always friendly and very accommodating.

After a week or 2 I learned which rooms I liked best and it was always blocked for me whenever I returned for another stay. The staff greeted me by name and took really good care of me.

They make a big deal about their breakfast which is pretty good but I didn't take advantage of it much. Their breakfast sandwiches aren't as good as their promotion makes them out to be. But I did enjoy the oatmeal most days.

And I love that they have food available 24x7.

I recommend the Hyatt Place in Jax.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport? Share your experiences!