“Our Favorite Jax Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Our Favorite Jax Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here 3 times already... it's our go-to when we head to Jacksonville because we can stay for around $60 bucks a night by getting the Express Deal on Priceline. It's about 10 minutes from the Jacksonville Zoo, downtown Jax, and places like St. John's shopping center. They also have free breakfast in the morning - but it's a step above the rest - hot breakfast sandwiches, for example. Great deal, clean, modern, and close to everything.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
John P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Hi Tori,

Thanks for your loyalty.... we love our repeat guests! I am glad that you have been able to take advantage of some of the great rates that we offer through Priceline's Express Deal from time to time. They do offer a great value off our $109 weekday rate and the $99 weekend rate.

Thanks for mentioning our location. We do have a great location.....don't forget that we're only 20 minutes away from Little Talbot Island - one of the most beautiful beaches in Northeast Florida.

We look forward to your return soon,

John

John Parker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Glassboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I am very picky when it comes to cleanliness and bed comfort and I have to say that this hotel was one of the nicest I have stayed in. We stayed in a King room. and our group traveling with us stayed in a room with two queen beds. Both rooms were beautiful! The bed was super comfortable and the shower was beautiful! I was really impressed with the management and their friendliness.The complimentary breakfast was very nice as well. The hotel is in a perfect location! There is a great shopping area near the hotel with so many brand name stores and great restaurants! We ate at Five Guys and it was amazing I would highly reccomend eating there! For a one night stay or more this hotel is worth every penny! Thank you Hyatt Place of Jacksonville for being so accomodating! You will be our choice when staying in Jacksonville!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Plaquemine, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Lousy! the woman behind the desk was rude. never again.. No breakfast out with the park and fly package.. Very dissapointed. Nothing compared to a Hyatt Regency,

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
John P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Susan M,

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is not only to meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

I am not sure what time your early morning flight left, but our complimentary hot breakfast begins at 6:00 am. However, we usually have coffee and juice available before that time for early travellers. There is no excuse for our staff to be rude. Please know that you feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.

We look forward to having the opportunity to redeem ourselves should your travels bring you back to the Jacksonville area.

John Parker
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

very clean. good hot breakfast. comfortable beds. used aa miles to book

• Stayed July 2012
Blackshear, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I have stayed here twice.This is newer hotel and it is very clean. The breakfast is very good for a hotel breakfast. It is also easy to access with a red-light getting you back into main traffic and a short drive to the airport. Great restaurants & shopping close by.I would NOT recommend a handicap room that is unless of course you need it. The last time I stayed that was all that was available & the shower was small compared to a regular room & also the bed was almost on the floor (which I assume would be nice if I was tranfserring from a wheelchair). I will stay again at this hotel & would reccomend it.

Room Tip: I would ask for a King room on the end (the pool area end), these seem to be set up better & ten...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here bc of other trip advisor reviews. Hotel is right off of 95 and there are several restaurants within a mile of the hotel. Front desk people were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were modern, clean, comfortable, with big TV. Breakfast was awesome and complimentary. Got lots of value for the money. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012
Troy, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed at this hotel June 30th to July 3rd. What a difference from the early days!! I believe they are having problems with business going down? The people who stayed at this hotel were some of the biggest PIGS I have ever seen. I went down to breakfast at 6:30 am and all calm. Nice breakfast! Anyway I returned to my room and finished some work, I than returned downstairs to get a coffee refill and turned the corner only to find "THE PIGS" Their was food on the floor, no one bothered to put their trash in the garbage and it too was all over the floor!!! It looked like a herd of wild animals were being fed!!! I guess it was a holiday week and rates were low.... which in turn attracted the "animals" 10 to a room and the "free" breakfast!!! I believe it cost more to feed "THE PIGS" than they could have ever made up on the room rates. My god I seen one room with at least 8 kids and 4 teens!!!! This place was a great place to stay. A great staff and a great hotel....Now it is getting run-down and the "new" staff is rude and don't seem to care!!! What a difference!!! The rooms are dirty. Stains all over the couch, chair and bedspread!! YUCK!! MANAGEMENT TEAM TAKE A LOOK!!!

Room Tip: Even number rooms are away from the direct sun! A plus for me!! Be where the "crowd" befor...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport? Share your experiences!