“Great hotel staff... Made the trip enjoyable!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #30 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Dunedin, Florida
“Great hotel staff... Made the trip enjoyable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Hotel staff was friendly & helpful. The free breakfast buffet was a wonderful detal to our hotel stay. Many restaurants within easy walking distance. I would definitely book a stay a this hotel again!

Room Tip: I had a lot of luggage & requested a ground floor, which they were able to provide me with. Turn...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
MarcyDeering, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndam Jacksonville South, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Dee B: We are all so happy that we made your trip enjoyable. Thank You for the very nice comments. We here at the Wingate by Wyndham strive to make each and every guest stay enjoyable because that is what we do best. Once again, Thank you for taking the time to post a review to Trip Advisor and please do come again.
Marcy Deering

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
west virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I got a great deal on a four-night stay through the hotel website. I took the last available queen non-smoking room. After reserving the room on my credit card I was urged to join the Wyndham Rewards program, so I took a moment to do that, even though I sometimes think I'm a member of way too many "programs."

When I arrived at the hotel I was handed a bag of goodies (water bottle, M&Ms, and pretzels) and was told that I was receiving a complimentary upgrade to a suite. I asked why - the answer was that they were full up, and the upgrade (along w/goody bag) was given to a member of the rewards program. That meant I paid $57/night for four nights in a large suite with a king bed. Good start to my stay!

The suite contained the bed, of course, with nightstand, a sofa and a sofabed, an armchair, a workstation with deskchair, two dressers, a kitchenette (microwave, fridge w/freezer, coffeemaker, sink, kitchen table w/four chairs), large screen TV, and a decent sized closet containing full pull-out hangers, an ironing board & iron, and a safe. You have to get the key to the safe from the front desk. The spacious bathroom had a hottub and a hairdryer, and one thing I loved about the bathroom was that the hot water came on immediately when you turned on a faucet - no waiting for it to heat up.

There was one odd quirk about the bathroom, and it was really my only complaint about the place. The toilet paper dispenser was installed over three feet from the toilet - it was approximately a foot beyond my outstretched hand. Sorry if that's too much information, but at one point in my life I had a shoulder condition that would have made this a real problem! I don't know if all the bathrooms are set up that way.

The AC/heat was worked by a thermostat on the wall. You could set it for continuous fan or automatic, and overall the system was quiet - just enough sound at night to muffle most parking lot noise, but no noisy on and off to disturb sleep. The bed and pillows were quite comfortable. Everything was in good working order. The suite was quite clean, and the maid did a good job every day.

Breakfast was just fine, all the usual choices: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, yogurt (artificially sweetened, which is not my choice), cereal, oatmeal, bread, english muffins, small muffins, danishes, waffle maker, etc, etc. USA Today was provided. There was plenty of seating each time I was there, and the breakfast bar was clean and kept well-stocked by the staff.

And speaking of the staff - all I met were friendly and eager to please.

I appreciated the recycling bins located by all the vending areas. I often wonder how many cans and plastic bottles are simply thrown away at hotels. I used the fitness room, which contains two treadmills, an elliptical trainer, an upright cycle, and a general all-purpose low-tech Nautilus machine. All the machines worked well, and there were towels and cold water provided, but I would have liked anti-bacterial wipes for the machines. Next door was a large whirlpool, and there's also a business center with two computers and at least one printer. WiFi (non-secured) worked extremely well throughout the hotel - much faster connection than I've had in other hotels. There is an outdoor pool that I didn't use, but it looked nice.

The location is good, right by exit 344 off I95, and there is plenty of parking. As far as nearby restaurants are concerned, there's an Applebees, a Cracker Barrel, and a strip with fast-food joints: the ones I remember are McDonalds, Chick-fil-a, Starbucks, and Taco Del Mar (which I recommend!)

Overall I had a great stay, and I commend the management on the amenities, the staff, and the condition of the facility.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
MarcyDeering, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndam Jacksonville South, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Hello Gdionelli: Let me start with a big "Thank You" your comments are just so nice. I just love the way you put down everything that made you happy about our hotel. We encourage all guests to be a Rewards Member, upgrades when possible are only one of many perks with being a member and we strive to make all our guests as happy and had an enjoyable stay as you did. Please do come again when in the area. Once again, Thank You.
Wingate by Wyndham
4681 Lenoir Ave
Jacksonville,Florida
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Terrible customer service on two different stays. My reservation was also lost and the desk team seemed to feel determined to tell me that it was my fault, even when I was double charged. Decent rooms and location. Bathroom was not clean.

Room Tip: This hotel lost my reservation, then mischarged my my credit cars 5 times for one stay. Yes five ti...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MarcyDeering, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndam Jacksonville South, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Wingate Traveler: I as the General Manager am very upset to hear your comments, If you would be call me directly I would like to apologize to you personally. Mistakes are made sometimes and I am sorry for any inconviecence that this has caused you.
Wingate by Wyndham
4681 Lenoir Ave
Jacksonville, Florida
PISGAH FOREST
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Several of our guests stayed in this hotel with us and we graced your dining room until 10:00-10:30 each night visiting and enjoying your hotel..... thank you!
This is the first time we have stayed in this hotel, and we will definitely return..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Hi Jolene D: Thank you for choosing our hotel to host your 50th Celebration, I am happy hear that you and your family and friends got much use from the hotel and we look forward to hosting your 60th Celebration in the future. Once again, Thank You.
KANNAPOLIS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

It was very noticiable that the cleaning staff was very hungry at breakfast by them taking at least four or five bananas each or three oranges .They were also had plates full of food. Maybe it would not look so bad if all of them did not come a one time and
clearing out trays of food and fruit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Dear Delores Y: Thank you for choosing our Wingate by Wyndham, I want you to know that I have already addressed the housekeeping staff about the food issue and I want to assure you that that will not happen again. Yes, I do allow the staff you have a small breakfast, but it sounds like they had taken advantage of the time that I was out of the office. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to your return.
Marcy Deering

Been to Wingate by Wyndam Jacksonville South? Share your experiences!