“Swamp Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
West Columbia
“Swamp Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Was not a planned stop but we needed a last min room for a stop over before we continued on to Gainesville Fl. We book the room while driviving in Jacksonville so we we a little bit leary on what we would get, but were pleasently suprised. Only complaint would be the breakfast. It was ok, but not a good selection.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

MarcyDeering, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndam Jacksonville South, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Hello Cindi15: Your comments are very nice, We are glad to see that you chose us as an impulse stay. We hope you choose us again in the future. I have made note about the breakfast and will follow-up with the kitchen staff to see what happened and make sure we have as much as we can available for our guests. Once again, Thank You for your comments.

386 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great hotel with good breakfast. They have a indoor hot tub, the rooms are spacious and comfortable. The only downside was the coffee makers were not properly cleaned..there was water stains and mold on the inside where you poor your water....other than that great stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hi RitaG18: Thank You for your review of our Wingate by Wyndham. I am so sorry that your coffee maker was not clean, I have spoken with my housekeeping staff to assure that they are always checked and always clean. We take guest comments and use them to make us better, I again apologize for missing the mark with that. I see otherwise you enjoyed your stay. Please do come again any time you are in the area.
APOPKA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Great facility and location. My only complaint would be about the wireless internet; completely unreliable!! Thankfully the room had a wired port though. I am completely satisfied with my stay and will return to this location. As a woman travelling alone, I felt safe and secure at all times.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

MarcyDeering, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndam Jacksonville South, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear MaryanneA: Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel, I will pass along all your nice words. I would like to apologize to the internet problems you had during your stay, we had some issues for a couple of days however, that has been taken care of and our internet is up and running at full bandwidth and full power now. I am very sorry that you had to endure lack of wireless internet. I am glad that you felt safe and secure here , as a female I also travel alone at times and feeling safe is at a hotel is very important. Please feel free to come again any time you are in the Jacksonville area. Once again, Thank You.
Lee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This was a business trip. The hot breakfast served was delicious all three mornings...and it was free!!! The hotel was clean. The front desk staff were nice and helpful with the exception of one lady working the late night shift. I didn't like the location of the swimming pool as the lobby had to be crossed to exit to the pool area. That was uncomfortable for me. Maid service was exceptional also.

Room Tip: I would not recommend a ground floor room as there is a great deal of foot traffic near the rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Trishb: As General Manager I and the entire staff say "Thank You" for your nice comments about the hotel and staff, I will research about the night staff, I expect all staff to be on their best. I would also like to address the comment about the pool, We do have access in the lobby and breakfast area but, we also have an entrance to the pool from the first floor back entrance near the elevators and that maybe that would more private for you next time. My apologies that no one mentioned that to you. Once again, Thank You.
4681 Lenoir Ave So
Jacksonville, Florida 32216
Griffith
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed at your Jacksonville property for 1 month. Staff- friendly, Breakfast- good. Points- BIG disappointment- stayed for 1 entire month and only received enough points for 1 free night in a 1 tier room. And thats after signing up for the 4x the points promotion- Kind of pathetic rewards program. Would not recommend this program, it is disappointing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Hi GarrettJ: Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about our hotel. We all are happy to read that your stay with us was nice. We enjoyed having you and your fellow co-workers with us for over a month. I am very saddened that you feel the Wyndham Rewards program is not up to your satisfaction. As I explained to your wife after I researched that for her, the points program is based on nights stay and rate you pay per night and you earn 10 points per dollar spent, however your company paid for your room and at a much discounted rate. That rate was given because of the length of your company's stay and number of rooms used, I am sorry, but the only points you earned was the sign up points. I do hope that better explains the program and that when you come back to the area you do decide to stay again .
LOWELL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel was very nice, we enjoyed our stay. What I didn't like was the price increase per room I received from what I booked on line. Not sure why this happened, will make me think twice about staying at your hotel again. It is no bad, the hotel was very nice. Oops I forgot to mention we had a fire alarm where firetrucks arrived and people evacuated the hotel.

Tom Mclaughlin
jacksonville fla

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

MarcyDeering, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndam Jacksonville South, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Hi moetom7; Thank You for taking your time to write a review on Trip Advisor about your stay with us at the Wingate by Wyndham, I want to apologize about the fire alarm and the evacuation process we do not normally have evacuations on the property, however, on this date we had a guest that put something in their microwave and it caught fire and smoke was seen coming from under their door and we had to act in accordance with the safety of all of our guest and start evacuating the building. I know that this was inconvenient for all but a very necessary process. I am happy to annouce that there was no fire damage just smoke. I also did a search on your reservation for the rates, and I am not sure of the issue you see, but when I compare your oringal booking with our system you paid the correct amount, I show that there was some rates changes during your 6 night stay, but those where mentioned on your confirmation. When you see a rate online for one day that rate may not be available for every night of the stay and rate changes are cleary printed on our confirmation forms as well as on the registration form at check in. I am very sorry if there was any confusion on that at the time of check in. I would love to speak to you about this, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel 904-281-2600. Thank You again for your comments.

Jacksonville, Florida 32216
PANAMA CITY BEACH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

When we made the reservation we had 1 room. 411 that room was not very clean, had build up around the toilet and the base and some mold in the bathroom curtain. The tubs chrome was splatter, it just didn't feel freshly clean.The mattress was not very comfy either. The carpet looked like needed cleaning or vacuuming at least. The AC very noisy and it was a lock-off unit, which was not mentioned to me when I checked in. I could hear all the noise from the other room.
The other room we move to was 327, was cleaner and the bed was much better.
We could not use the shuttle for an emergency trip, but we end up solving the problem.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

MarcyDeering, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndam Jacksonville South, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Hello Foster A: Thank You for your comments, I want to apologize for not meeting your expectations, I want you to know that I will use the information from you to have a refresher meeting with the housekeeping staff so we can always have our best foot forward for you and our other guests. I am also sorry about the shuttle use, as we spoke when you requested shuttle service to the Immigration Office, we have shuttle service available to our corporate clients and Mayo patients that are made in advance so we can accommodate everyone's needs for transportation. Had I had a driver available we certainly would have taken you. I am very sorry that we could not help you at that time. Please do come again when you are in the area.
Marcy Deering

Been to Wingate by Wyndam Jacksonville South? Share your experiences!