“Great staff, Excellent hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #33 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
NC
“Great staff, Excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Myosin and I stayed here on the way to Disney and found it to be an excellent hotel! The breakfast was hot and well stocked. It had a great variety including eggs and waffles. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and quiet. We never even knew we had people next to us until we went to leave and they revere leaving too! The extra towels in the room was a nice touch. We will definitely be staying there again in the future!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MarcyDeering, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndam Jacksonville South, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Hello Cuzette; Thank You for the wonderful comments, I will pass along your sentiments to the staff. Please do come again any time you are in the area. Once again, Thank You.
Wingate By Wyndham
4681 Lenoir Ave So.
Jacksonville, Florida 32216

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a week and we had an amazing time! Hotel was very clean, staff was extremely helpful and polite.The rooms are very comfortable The breakfast bar is very good, by far the best we've had at any hotel. Would definitely recommend this hotel!!! Best hotel for the money!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MarcyDeering, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndam Jacksonville South, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank You GabbyM for your comments about our Wingate by Wyndham. As the General Manager of the hotel I must tell you that I am so proud to be part of the Wingate team. My housekeeping staff recently recieved a perfect score on cleanliness during our inspection from Wyndham Worldwide. All the staff take much pride in their jobs and their work. Once again, from the entire staff Thank You. Please do come again when in Jacksonville, Florida.
Wingate by Wyndham
4681 Lenoir Ave So.
Jacksonville, Florida
Franklin, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed here just for an overnight. The room was clean and comfortable, and the location is convenient to Interstate 95. Desk personnel were pleasant and helpful. However, the breakfast left something to be desired. The food that was supposed to be warm was not, and several of the containers were empty or near. The attendant was near, but was engaged in a long conversation with another person, and paid little or no attention to the condition of the breakfast bar. The facility was as nice as I'd expected, and I would stay there again. But I would hope for an improved breakfast service!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MarcyDeering, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndam Jacksonville South, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Hi JimS: Thank You for taking the time to write a review to Trip Advisor. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay at the Wingate by Wyndham, 4681 Lenoir Ave, Jacksonville, Florida. I want you to know that your comments are read and appericiated, I will speak with the Breakfast staff to ensure that the issues you had with improper temps and running out of food does not happen again, Once again, Thank You for your comments.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

never been treated any better at any hotel. courteous, very competent staff always ready to attend to your needs.

i stay at this facility over 10 times a month and every stay is just like the last one great!!!!!

you will not be disappointed, so do yourself a favor and stay at the wingate on lenoir ave in jacksonville fl.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MarcyDeering, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndam Jacksonville South, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Hi Cecild; Thank You for the wonderful comments. You are home here with us, we are one great big family. The object of our job in the hotel industry is to take care of our guests when they are with us. We strive to do just that and from your comments you feel as though we do it right. Please continue to stay with us and once again, Thank You.

Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I work for the Norfolk Southern and I stay here whenever I'm in Jacksonville. I truly enjoy the Wingate's hospitatily and their professionalism that the staff provides from the front desk to the housekeeping dept. The rooms are very comfortable and clean giving you that home away from home feel. The breakfast bar is very good.I have stayed at other hotels this wingate is the best.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hi Greg; Thank you for taking the time to enter a review in Trip Advisor about our Wingate by Wyndham 4681 Lenoir Ave, Jacksonville, Florida. You are family here and we really appericiate your nice comments about the hotel and staff, Any time you come to our place it is your place also. I will pass this along to everyone here. Once again, a great big Thank You.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Clean, quiet atmosphere. Courteous and friendly staff. Very comfortable bed. Plenty of towels. Hot breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels or toast. Cold and hot cereals, name-brand yogurt, fresh fruit. Thoroughly enjoyed my four-day stay. After I returned home, I realized I left my iPad charger in the room at the hotel hundreds of miles away. I called them and they checked on it, called me back, and on the second day following, I received it in the mail. Will stay at this hotel again .

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hello Magnolia32680: We thank you for the very nice comments about our hotel Wingate by Wyndham 4681 Lenoir Ave So. Jacksonville, Florida. We are pleased that you we're pleased. I will pass along to my housekeeping staff how impressed you we're that they returned your charger . You can feel confiedient that if you leave something behind we will have it and return it for you. Please come again when you are in the area. From my staff and I once again Thank You.
Burbank, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We checked into this hotel at the beginning of Aug working on a project. This hotel is exceptionally nice, clean and the staff here is on top of everything.....Nothing out of place, everything clean and in working order. We travel 3/4 of the year and in and out of hotels and I can say this is the best hotel we have stayed in. The Hot Breakfast is great, Housekeeping is very good, if we forget something or run out you can go to the front desk and they will provide razors, shaving cream, extra coffee, plates and utinsels, directions and every night they have fresh baked cookies that is a nice touch. The Management staff is very involved with their employees and the guests and willing to assist in anyway they can. Cracker Barrel is right across the street and the hotel is close to many other restaurants and stores. Quiet Neighborhood. STAY HERE!
Rich

Room Tip: If you want a GREAT HOTEL in Jacksonville....STAY HERE