“Beautifully architected lobby and rooms, cheerful/helpful/fun staff, hipper than I've ever been” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park

Ranked #7 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
St Paul MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

From Minute #1 with reservations, to the last "bye-bye," my experience at Hotel Indigo was top notch. Both concierge and restaurant staff were cheerful, helpful and appeared to enjoy both the guests and working at this hotel. Located on a lake (perhaps fake, but I neither knew nor cared) because the newly-constructed neighborhood had interesting shops and a fabulous Thai restaurant (bravo Lime Leaf!), and it was easy to find and easy to park (free, of course).

The room: Hardwood floors -- yes, really -- a welcome relief from hotel carpets. A huge and well-designed bathroom, a sleeping room with an interesting shape, and a wonderful bed.

You would be wise to make up an excuse to stay at a Hotel Indigo.

The questions about fitness/pool/pets below -- I don't know.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
columbia sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

Everything was clean and new. The staff did everything possible to please us. Food and drinks via room service were nice as well. Highly recommend this hotel and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

Had to stay overnight in Jacksonville with two other classmates, to take an Exam in the area. Wanted a clean hotel in a nice area that we can relax at the night before. This was definitely that. Great location minutes from the Town Center, comfortable beds, pleasant staff. Loved the hardwood flooring in the room-modern decor. Wish the restroom area was a little more private, and would have loved a small refrigerator. But for an overnight stay, it was great! Will stay again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

My Husband and I enjoyed our trip to the Hotel Indigo in Jacksonville Fl. Such a friendly staff!!! Rooms were very nice and clean. I loved the large shower and comfy bed!! I wish I could have taken the pillows home with me. We will def stay again!! You can't go wrong staying at this wonderful hotel!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Nice location in a newer area with some amenities such as restaurants and shops still under construction. Overall we were extremely pleased with the Indigo Hotel. Thank you for choosing hardwood flooring in the rooms over carpet - this gave us the "home away from home" feel. Our room on the 3rd floor was quiet and the king size bed was beyond comfortable. We loved the fact that the air conditioning turned on and off whenever we entered or exited the room - I have only seen this "green" model in hotels overseas. My only criticism was that the housekeeping service did not replenish the soap, shampoo or conditioner and I had to hunt her down one morning before my shower. Yes, I understand you are supplying us with Aveda products, but I found our housekeeper to be a little too protective over her supply. I also kind of missed having a pool, but it wasn't the end of the world.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

We searched for months to find a nice hotel to spend a extended weekend at for our 15th Anniversary. I am so glad we found and selected this hotel. The hotel was in a perfect beautiful area. The area was growing and it was gorgeous there. The rooms were beautiful and most comfortable. The staff was friendly. The rooms were extremely quiet you did not hear your neighbors like most hotel rooms. Stayed at a 4 star hotel during the weekend and enjoyed this one better. I only paid $71.00 per night for a lake view!! My only suggestions would be to get fridge and microwaves in all the rooms, and a fan in the bathroom. Great there, will return when ever I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

I found Hotel Indigo on Trip Advisor and went for it...My daughter was turning 14 and wanted to take a couple of friends with us to the beach...so I looked for a hotel that was close to the beach but also close to entertainment..Hotel Indigo was in a perfect location..10 miles to the beach, 10 miles to downtown, and sits in the middle of many nice and fast food resturants..and is only a few minutes drive to many entertainment options..The Hotel itself was absolutely awesome...the staff was out of this world nice, they were personable and showed interest in our needs...the room was awesome...the bed was the most comfortable..The rooms are beautifully decorated with hard wood floors. The bathroom was super nice with walk in shower. The grounds around the hotel are lovely with a nice walking trail around the lake...WE WILL DEFINITLEY be staying there again...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park? Share your experiences!