“I'm Not Blue Here” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Dothan, Alabama
“I'm Not Blue Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My wife and I have not yet checked out of the Hotel Indigo in Jacksonville yet and I am taking the extra stay time they give with a standard noon check out time to compete this review. We stayed only one night here but it was very enjoyable and will we definitely stay the next time we travel to Jacksonville.

First of all the hotel is very new and is in an area that has small shops and dining establishments in a walk through type setting with brick paved roads. Secondly the decor and design of the hotel is very eclectic with high ceilings in the rooms, wood design floors, in room partitions instead if walls and a large walk in shower! Last but not least is the friendly and attentive staff. Menus and suggestions of local restaurants were provided without overemphasizing the hotel dining.

If you are in need of a place to stay on the south side of Jacksonville please give Hotel Indigo a try. You won't be blue either.

Austin & Lorrie

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Hotel Indigo was a pleasant surprise to us for the newest IHG chain that has a fresh, updated look to the public spaces and to the rooms! Checking in was fast and easy as well as check out and the location was very close to just about any area you want to visit in JAX. We wanted to visit the Baymeadows Mall but ended up going to St Augustine (only about 20 minutes away) after our family business on Southside. If anyone is looking for a clean, moderately upscale with a boutique atmosphere-that also lets you bring your pets-this is an excellent choice (we did not have a dog or cat-but found it entertaining). The hotel was very clean and modern with a really comfortable feel to it that makes me want to consider staying at another Indigo next time I travel. By the way, according to the front desk clerk, each Hotel Indigo is unique so looking forward to exploring other locations in Florida!! See you there...

Room Tip: Lakeview rooms face East so the sun blinds you in the morning time!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

For a one night stay on a long road trip, this hotel was perfectly suited for our needs. Like many other reviews said, the rooms were cleaned to perfection and the decor was trendy. The bed was extremely comfortable and we enjoyed the large walk-in shower.
We had a short wait at the desk at check in and check out - nothing to complain about for us, especially since the staff was friendly and courteous upon arrival.
Jeff, the bartender, was good for conversation at the bar. The sliders and chips and queso were delicious. The queso definitely has a spicy kick to it, but we were warned in advance.
Overall, we can't believe it wasn't a more expensive stay. Not complaining, but shocked at the excellent value.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Hotel was great.Front Desk Clerk (Callie) was awesome!! The breakfast was good the rooms was clean.My husband found a key in the room we had several family members in and out so we couldn't figure out who the key belong to until we seen housekeepers with the same key.My husband tried the key in all the doors on 4th floor and the key worked.We had the key all weekend long and returned it when we checked out.If we were criminals it would have been a good day.I called General Manager no response.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Shaw S,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear your positive feedback about our hotel staff and clean rooms. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. Your comments about the key has been noted and I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay at this property. The building is at the end of a stretch of restaurants and shops. The area is quiet and relaxed.
The room is okay but not great. The gap between the door to the hallway was pretty big, hence the light from outside was bothering me at night.
There is free wifi, a decent bathroom and tv.
Breakfast choice is decent.
Now to my negative experience. On my second day I returned to my room around 5:30PM. The room was not made up yet. Subsequently I informed The lady at the reception who asked me whether I left the ' Do not disturb sign on', I replied that I left the room at 8AM without leaving the sign on.
Then she replied "oh sorry, the housekeeping staff must have forgotten to make up your room, but they have left for the day....do you want fresh towels?"....really???
I was perplexed by this answer and clearly disappointed.
I had a business commitment at night and when I returned the towels were just left unfolded under the sink.
So when it comes to customer service they will need to improve as they cater to both business and leisure guests.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Notsofar,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We took a weekend family trip to Jacksonville to attend an orientation for Florida Coastal School of Law, and the school had recommended Hotel Indigo. We booked a room sight unseen, and it was a pleasant surprise. New, charming, and very different. The lobby and room design is almost European, yet more modern. The room was clean and spacious. We had 2 comfortable queen beds in our room, for 3 travelers, and we all had plenty of room. The bathroom was one of the largest I've ever seen in a hotel room, with a very spacious shower stall.

The service was friendly and efficient. We were unable to get the television on, and an employee worked on it for 20 minutes, before promptly bringing in another TV to replace the faulty one.

The bar area is quaint, but very nice. Good beer selection too!
The pool area was a bit small, but thankfully not too crowded. The hotel itself is located in an area with plenty of shops and restaurants within walking area.

I would definitely recommend Hotel Indigo!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Great check in experience. The staff was very helpful. Lobby very clean and modern. Great view and location for Jacksonville business. Would make a great stay for personal reasons too. Room was very clean and also modern. Nice coffee and great room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park? Share your experiences!