“Perfect, clean, valuable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #9 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
“Perfect, clean, valuable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

For a one night stay on a long road trip, this hotel was perfectly suited for our needs. Like many other reviews said, the rooms were cleaned to perfection and the decor was trendy. The bed was extremely comfortable and we enjoyed the large walk-in shower.
We had a short wait at the desk at check in and check out - nothing to complain about for us, especially since the staff was friendly and courteous upon arrival.
Jeff, the bartender, was good for conversation at the bar. The sliders and chips and queso were delicious. The queso definitely has a spicy kick to it, but we were warned in advance.
Overall, we can't believe it wasn't a more expensive stay. Not complaining, but shocked at the excellent value.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Hotel was great.Front Desk Clerk (Callie) was awesome!! The breakfast was good the rooms was clean.My husband found a key in the room we had several family members in and out so we couldn't figure out who the key belong to until we seen housekeepers with the same key.My husband tried the key in all the doors on 4th floor and the key worked.We had the key all weekend long and returned it when we checked out.If we were criminals it would have been a good day.I called General Manager no response.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Shaw S,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear your positive feedback about our hotel staff and clean rooms. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. Your comments about the key has been noted and I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Lera P
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay at this property. The building is at the end of a stretch of restaurants and shops. The area is quiet and relaxed.
The room is okay but not great. The gap between the door to the hallway was pretty big, hence the light from outside was bothering me at night.
There is free wifi, a decent bathroom and tv.
Breakfast choice is decent.
Now to my negative experience. On my second day I returned to my room around 5:30PM. The room was not made up yet. Subsequently I informed The lady at the reception who asked me whether I left the ' Do not disturb sign on', I replied that I left the room at 8AM without leaving the sign on.
Then she replied "oh sorry, the housekeeping staff must have forgotten to make up your room, but they have left for the day....do you want fresh towels?"....really???
I was perplexed by this answer and clearly disappointed.
I had a business commitment at night and when I returned the towels were just left unfolded under the sink.
So when it comes to customer service they will need to improve as they cater to both business and leisure guests.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Notsofar,

Ben J
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We took a weekend family trip to Jacksonville to attend an orientation for Florida Coastal School of Law, and the school had recommended Hotel Indigo. We booked a room sight unseen, and it was a pleasant surprise. New, charming, and very different. The lobby and room design is almost European, yet more modern. The room was clean and spacious. We had 2 comfortable queen beds in our room, for 3 travelers, and we all had plenty of room. The bathroom was one of the largest I've ever seen in a hotel room, with a very spacious shower stall.

The service was friendly and efficient. We were unable to get the television on, and an employee worked on it for 20 minutes, before promptly bringing in another TV to replace the faulty one.

The bar area is quaint, but very nice. Good beer selection too!
The pool area was a bit small, but thankfully not too crowded. The hotel itself is located in an area with plenty of shops and restaurants within walking area.

I would definitely recommend Hotel Indigo!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Great check in experience. The staff was very helpful. Lobby very clean and modern. Great view and location for Jacksonville business. Would make a great stay for personal reasons too. Room was very clean and also modern. Nice coffee and great room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Weston, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Last May my family and I went to Jacksonville for the first time. Our daughter was attending a music competition there. I friend recommended this hotel. This nice hotel is located in a small, cute "village' with good restaurants and shops. As soon as we arrived we realized that we had never been in a hotel like that. No one was in the door, we had to park our car and take our luggage with us. Once there, we were surprise with the fresh, nice and friendly atmosphere. Our kids loved the colorful decoration. We had to wait a little while until someone came to check us in. But, I don't know why, It didn't bother us. Everything there is new, perfectly clean and spotless (I have to say that I love good hotels, we usually go to five star hotels for our vacations, and the main reason is cleanliness). The bedroom is, as the rest of the hotel areas, beautiful, simple and clean! the bed had a perfectly white duvet, nice sheets and pillows. The bathroom, perfectly white, spotless, clean and it has a huge shower. In the morning we went to the lobby/restaurant/bar, beautifully decorated, and we had a delicious breakfast. We has a flawless short stay in this place. The only detail is that you should be patient with the service, I think that the philosophy of this chain is to have the minimum staff to work well, and maintain the rates low. I wish that we find this hotel in every place we go for vacation. We would save lots of money because I wouldn't miss them!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I recently stayed at Hotel Indigo while in JAX on business; the service was so so. The food on offer at the hotel is good and it's convenient. The fitness area is ok, best to get there before 6am to use the one elliptical machine. While other reviewers have raved about the room, the A/C unit was extremely loud and if the shower was smaller they could have added a room safe.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake.