“Modern, comfortable hotel, convenient yet quiet location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #4 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Leuven, Belgium
“Modern, comfortable hotel, convenient yet quiet location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Modern looking hotel with good size rooms, very comfortable beds, large walk-in shower and laminate floor througout room (which I both prefer as opposed to the traditional shower/bath combo and carpet on the floor - but that's a personal thing of course). Convenient location yet quiet (slept with window open), very nice breakfast cooked to order (no styrofoam plates!), served in the lounge/bar area or outside overviewing the lake. Staff were extremely helpful, also when we needed medical assistance. Initially booked one night, but ended up staying 4 and loved it! We had never stayed at an Indigo hotel before, but based on this experience will look for them on our next trip.
Practical note: there are some restaurant options within walking distance, but for more choice you need to drive.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel. I actually was staying at another hotel in downtown Jacksonville for the first part of my 5 day trip and after a the first two days had enough of that hotel, so I checked out and finished my work trip here. Great hotel in a great area!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Very nice hotel. New. Modern. We were only there one night but had a very good experience. Nice area with restaurants and take out food options nearby. Very clean. Nice size bathroom. Big Shower. Quiet. Comfortable bed. Check-in was very easy. Helpful front desk person.

Coral Gables, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Amazing hotel! First time in this hotel and first time in this city. The hotel is beautiful, super clean ,modern and comfortable. Super friendly staff. The room is a beauty, super clean, comfortable, modern. Super comfortable bed, great, amazing bathroom. The truth that we Super recommend this hotel is beautiful of all we have visited over the years, is one of the most beautiful it is definitely one of the most beautiful and comfortable. I post some pictures so you can see it better. Great Hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We were only able to stay in Jacksonville for one night. I decided to stay there to relax one day before heading to another city for a funeral. It did not disappoint. It is located in a well manicured area with good eating options within a short walk. There are also some great choices within driving distance. We got a chance to take a nice wallk around the reclaimed water preserve or lake.
Shawn at the front desk was extremely helpful and was patiently answering all the questions my boyfriend was tossing his way. He answered them all with a smile. The room itself was nicely decorated with hardwood floors and bright colors without being cheesy. Our room did not have a bath tub which disappointed my boyfriend (was fine with me) but the shower was large. We had a great view of the lake area from the room and enjoyed a drink on the patio just off the hotel restaurant as well for another lake view.
What were the downsides? We both agreed the TV size seemed a bit on the small side and seemed little off considering there was obvious care taken with the room decor. The pool is also on the small side.
Overall a great stay. I wish we could have stayed longer to really get a chance to enjoy more of the area, but we made the most of our day and half!

Room Tip: Request a Lake view if possible. If you prefer to take baths in a hotel, request a suite.
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Check-in was phenomenal. Wish I had the woman's name who checked us in. She was wonderful, friendly and had a great smile and great sense of humor.

Room was so nicely presented. Really liked the look/feel of our room!

Area around hotel is quiet with several nice restaurants just steps from the front door. We were dressed casually so we tried the Thai restaurant, which was semi-casual and very very good.

I would highly recommend this hotel. Nice location, great staff and modern accommodations. Great Stay!!

Baldwin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed here from February 16th to the 18th in a suite. Granted, it was sort of a Big Hotel Weekend, what with Valentine’s Day and all, but I am sad to report that the Hotel Indigo was just not up to snuff for us.
Our room was not ready when we arrived (check in time 1500, we arrived about 1530). No big deal – Mary, the desk clerk, was nice enough to give us two free drinks at the bar and two vouchers for $10 at breakfast. That was very nice of her and we only waited about 45 minutes.
Up in the room, however, it became painfully apparent that the room wasn’t all that thoroughly cleaned. There was evidence of someone’s red sparkly trim from their Valentine’s outfit stuck into the area rug in the bedroom. And there was something suspiciously like something you’d find on CSI on the bedskirt that may have contained some DNA. And there several sticky beverage rings on the furniture that hadn’t been wiped away. And in the shower was some tattered remnants of a towel stuck on the shower control.
Well, my hubby and I are not exactly connoisseurs – we’re hog farmers from Clay County. We were willingly to overlook this. I figured the housekeeper would get it the next day.
I was wrong.
On the next day I went off early to get myself to a CEU I was attending. I put the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign on the door before I left as my hubby was still sleeping. He slept until I returned at 1600 when I rousted him out for dinner.
On our way out the door I told the desk clerk that we were out of the room if Housekeeping wanted to jump in there while we were at dinner.

The Desk Clerk told us that there was no housekeepers on staff that late in the day.
Wow, REALLY? What if someone upchucks somewhere? Who cleans it up? The guest? The bartender? SERIOUSLY?
Also, at breakfast on our last day the kitchen was out of steaks for the steak and eggs. Now, I realize that ordering mistakes happen – but on Valentine’s Day/President’s Day weekend one would think that SOMEONE would have thought to order extra.
This was a suite and it was very nice. It was very spacious, the furniture was in good shape, the bed was super comfy. The bathroom was enormous and the shower was very nice – but there was no shower chair as depicted in the hotel’s photos. The kitchenette is just a kitchenette – no cooking utensils provided. It would have been nice to have some glasses in the cabinets (as housekeeping obviously wasn’t going to provide clean ones!) and maybe some eating utensils.
However, I would have had a cleaner room and better service from another mid-range hotel.
Sorry to say, but this hotel did not meet my expectations.

Room Tip: Don't go on a Holiday Weekend!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park? Share your experiences!