“Did not meet our expectations” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Baldwin, Florida
“Did not meet our expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed here from February 16th to the 18th in a suite. Granted, it was sort of a Big Hotel Weekend, what with Valentine’s Day and all, but I am sad to report that the Hotel Indigo was just not up to snuff for us.
Our room was not ready when we arrived (check in time 1500, we arrived about 1530). No big deal – Mary, the desk clerk, was nice enough to give us two free drinks at the bar and two vouchers for $10 at breakfast. That was very nice of her and we only waited about 45 minutes.
Up in the room, however, it became painfully apparent that the room wasn’t all that thoroughly cleaned. There was evidence of someone’s red sparkly trim from their Valentine’s outfit stuck into the area rug in the bedroom. And there was something suspiciously like something you’d find on CSI on the bedskirt that may have contained some DNA. And there several sticky beverage rings on the furniture that hadn’t been wiped away. And in the shower was some tattered remnants of a towel stuck on the shower control.
Well, my hubby and I are not exactly connoisseurs – we’re hog farmers from Clay County. We were willingly to overlook this. I figured the housekeeper would get it the next day.
I was wrong.
On the next day I went off early to get myself to a CEU I was attending. I put the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign on the door before I left as my hubby was still sleeping. He slept until I returned at 1600 when I rousted him out for dinner.
On our way out the door I told the desk clerk that we were out of the room if Housekeeping wanted to jump in there while we were at dinner.

The Desk Clerk told us that there was no housekeepers on staff that late in the day.
Wow, REALLY? What if someone upchucks somewhere? Who cleans it up? The guest? The bartender? SERIOUSLY?
Also, at breakfast on our last day the kitchen was out of steaks for the steak and eggs. Now, I realize that ordering mistakes happen – but on Valentine’s Day/President’s Day weekend one would think that SOMEONE would have thought to order extra.
This was a suite and it was very nice. It was very spacious, the furniture was in good shape, the bed was super comfy. The bathroom was enormous and the shower was very nice – but there was no shower chair as depicted in the hotel’s photos. The kitchenette is just a kitchenette – no cooking utensils provided. It would have been nice to have some glasses in the cabinets (as housekeeping obviously wasn’t going to provide clean ones!) and maybe some eating utensils.
However, I would have had a cleaner room and better service from another mid-range hotel.
Sorry to say, but this hotel did not meet my expectations.

Room Tip: Don't go on a Holiday Weekend!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed at this Hotel several times and this was going to be my last time. They made a big mistake. But they went over the top to fix it. It is now my favorite hotel to stay at in Jacksonville, FL The location is great. 1 block my favorite restaurant III Forks. Get a room on lake side. 424 is a great room. Brent and Mary and Brian behind the bar and are amazing staff. The service was excellent.

Room Tip: Lake side rooms. 424 is a great room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I love this hotel. I have been all over the world due to military business and I can easily say that this hotel is one of the best I have ever encountered.
Location: The hotel is in a desirable part of town with many newly built shops and restaurants located literally steps from the front door. 20 minutes from the zoo. 10-15 minutes from MOSH (museum of science and history). 30 minutes from the beach and only 10 minutes from the Townes Center Mall (which has literally every store you can think of from Louis Vuitton to Target)
Rooms: The rooms are beautiful; brightly colored with floral murals covering entire walls of the room. The suite that I stayed in was HUGE. The size of a one or two bed room apartment. The bathroom is in a league of its own. The tub was heavenly; it could easily fit two large adults at one time. The walk in shower was exceptional. The bathroom has so much excessive room that it could be considered dangerous ( the first night as I was getting out of the huge tub I slipped and bust my butt and slid alllll over the bathroom lol) I put a few towels down after that ordeal. The bed was very comfortable; I had an amazing nights sleep.
Food: I ordered breakfast and it was good. The menu leaves a little to be desired...don't get me wrong, it was good; but compared to the rest of the accommodations that the hotel offers I would expect more options. On the bright side, there are like 6 restaurants within a block of the hotel.
All in all, I plan to stay here every time I come to Jacksonville and I hope to see you all there. Muah!!!

Stayed February 2014
Kent, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Our corporate headquarters are in Jacksonville and I travel from Seattle occasionally for business trips here. Recently this hotel was added as a preferred hotel by our company and I sure am glad! I just returned from a 5 night stay. The location was great as it's near our office and close to many shopping and restaurant areas. The hotel is very pretty and I love the décor and colors, The rooms were large and very comfortable. Nice sized bathroom and amenities. I love having a small refrigerator. It was clean and quiet and I actually slept well which is rare for me on business trips. Service was excellent by all the staff I encountered. Very friendly and eager to please. The restaurant was good and very accommodating to my food issues, making the food so I could enjoy it. The air conditioning was a little noisy, but being February, I only had to cool the room down for a short period and then could turn it off at night. A few comments on what I'd like to see in the future. There are no in room safes so I had to use the safety deposit box at the front desk which is in full view of all who come to the front desk. The restaurant menu is limited, but what I did have was really good and customization was not a problem. The shower is the bathroom is huge and a walk-in, but the tile floor was extremely slippery and could be really dangerous. You had to be very careful not to slip and I was considering putting a towel on the floor for added traction. The hotel is supposed to be all non-smoking, but walking down the hall to the elevators one morning there was clearly the odor of cigarette smoke so someone was smoking in a room. They should take steps to enforce the policy which is a plus for those of us who don't want to deal with that smell. I will be returning to the hotel soon and recommend it as one of the best I've stayed at in the Jacksonville area. I would have rated it excellent except for the shower hazard. This could be danger for someone and the hotel should be aware.

Room Tip: I had a room at the end of the hallway on the 4th floor and it was quiet even though I faced the par...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

First time staying at an Indigo and very impressed. Hotel suite was large and loved the wooden floors. Bed was comfortable, along with a large tub and shower. Restaurant at the hotel had delicious food and service was excellent. We also visited the restaurant across the street which was very good too. Close to St. John's Town Center ...what more do I need to say :-)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Millville, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Followed the Trip Advisor ratings and this beautiful hotel knocked our socks off. Their suites are magnificent at about 1,000 square feet. Huge living room with a dining area and kitchen as you enter with a large bedroom with a bathroom the size of a tennis court. All spotless and beautifully decorated in an art deco motif.The staff is friendly and delivers on any request, The hotel is in the Tapestry Park neighborhood which is upscale and unique with many varied shops and restaurants. We did not want to leave our dog alone and ordered room service and the food was superb. The hotel is quite and there was a beautiful lake outside our window. One word of caution, we had a very difficult time finding the hotel with GPS and the room clerk told us that you had to use another address. Check with hotel about the address if you book. You cannot go wrong with this joint!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in January 2014. This hotel is located in a business park with several restaurants. I only ate at the Tapestry Cafe, but I had a delicious spinach and feta omelette. The rooms in the hotel were spacious, clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had a large walk-in shower and they had Aveda products. The breakfast in the hotel was inexpensive and the portions were huge. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park? Share your experiences!