“THIS is how you run a hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #6 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Ocala, Florida
“THIS is how you run a hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo in Jacksonville from April 1-3. As a member of IHG Priority Club, there was an excellent deal. However, my visit was top-of-the-line.
The staff went above and beyond to make my stay all "no worries". That's how I describe it. So far, Hotel Indigo completely surpasses all other hotels in Jacksonville.
Due to my medical condition, I had quite a bit of special requests. Honestly, when I saw how busy they looked and how I booked last minute, I didn't expect to have all my requests honored.
I was surely mistaken!
Incredible, unbelievable staff. As for the requests, they nailed it 100%. Literally, it was the perfect spot. Never before have I had such a great night's sleep.
In addition, the area has quaint little cafes and there are plenty places to eat within a short distance. However, the room service is comparable to dining out, perhaps even less expensive, and the portions are huge.
While in town, I had the chance to meet with a friend I haven't seen in years. I called the front-desk to let them know I had a visitor arriving. They took good care of her, helping carry her bags and escorting her to my room.
The decor and mid-scale price had me worried of stiff, snooty front-desk clerks. I laugh thinking back. Normally, I need Late Check Out for the day of my departure. As a disabled person, it takes me much longer to get everything ready, including myself, out of the room and luggage packed. At every hotel I've visited, housekeeping always knocked on the door to see if I was gone/leaving soon at regular check-out time.
I didn't get a hassle at all. Additionally, the front-desk staff were so kind, telling me to take my time, it's okay, and I even had help taking my bags to my car.
The room had hardwood floors. I had a room with a beautiful view. When you book, if you can afford the extra few bucks, there is an option to pick a room with a view. You won't regret it.
The bed is quite comfy. The pillows are plentiful and there is a firmness/softness for all.
The shower and bathroom are like nothing I've seen before. Also, the water was so nice. Weird to point out, but my skin and hair felt and looked healthier when I left. I should note I have hard water where I live, so this might not impress everyone, but this was the best water I've come across in hotels. A bad shower experience, in my opinion, can ruin a stay.
The only issue I had: the parking. I arrived at night and I recommend arriving in the daylight if possible. The turn into the parking lot from the roundabout can be missed easily. I couldn't find a spot nearby. The hotel was surely packed with guests; there weren't any close spaces.
Overall, I will stay here again in a heartbeat when I want to splurge a little.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I love this hotel! From the area to the rooms, this place is great. I love the amazing hardwood floors. The area it is in is so cute! It looks like something from Europe! I love everything about this place. The only thing I wish they had is breakfast. Besides that, everything was great. There is even a cute little pond with turtles in there! Lovely hotel. I wished I could of stayed there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Arrived at the indigo after driving hours in pouring rain. had to call front desk twice for directions to hotel .Both times the front desk girl was so polite and courteous to this lost out of towner .When I finally found the place as we entered the lobby she said welcome home my new best friend.The place was a sight for sore tired eyes,beautiful hotel with a small lake setting.Terific appetizers at happy hour.I will choose this hotel in the future ,loved it.

Room Tip: ask for lake view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hana H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
I just wanted to say thank you for your comments about my hotel, our staff and Tapestry Park. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Jacksonville!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Deerwood Park is a complex of upscale restaurants and shops in a secluded portion of South Jacksonville. Although construction on the complex is fairly well completed, the area will become better with time as more stores open. There are nice sidewalks and a trail around the lake that make a romantic stroll in the evening. The area is peaceful and quiet and very pedestrian friendly.
Indigo anchors one corner of the area. The hotel is very new, and quite well maintained. Hotel employees were very helpful and accommodating. While the prices at Indigo are moderate (actually, quite a bargain the weekend night we visited), the hotel has an upscale ambiance.
It's a great hotel for a romantic night out, and once you park, you can stroll around the shops for a hassle free and calming evening.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

The idea of a hotel with hard wood floors seems appealing and different at first. Then you get stuck under another room and get to hear high heels walking around as that rooms residents returned for the evening. The hotel is swanky for sure and I can see how it appeals to the more artistic amongst us.

The murals in the room are a nice touch but the furniture is average. Not that it isn't good quality but I've had the same quality in a cheaper Holiday Inn Express before. The say the bathroom is spa-inspired and I must admit I don't have a clue as to what that means. There was an open shower complete with a small stool to get in the way, maybe that's what spa themed is.

The only real problems I had were 1. Loud neighbors that I could hear through an adjoining door and 2. The family that decided to allow their kids to use the hot tub as a pool for over an hour. I attempted to change rooms as soon as I checked in but they were sold out. I also asked the front desk if they do any sort of policing of the pool area and was told "No".

The area itself is quite nice with a few restaurants in walking distance. I definitely suggest visiting The Flame Broiler if you have a chance. There is a nice walking path out back of the hotel but despite the appearance you'd be able to make a loop around the lake you can't. As soon as you near the Bank of America building you are told by a rent-a-cop on a Segway that the campus is private. Not that I needed another reason to never do business with BoA but my experience with their rudeness was a certain reminder.

So the hotel isn't bad. It tries...tries too hard maybe to be something unique. Sure it's unique in form but for me it misses the mark in function. Perhaps if I had my fiancee with me the experience would have felt different. Maybe I need a romantic mindset to appreciate the Hotel Indigo.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel was reasonably priced, very conveniently located hotel with super clean rooms. The service was friendly. There is a small but well equipped fitness center. Meeting rooms are on site. There is a lake outside where you can eat breakfast or sip a beverage. I would recommend staying there.

• Stayed May 2013
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The decor is VERY perky and colorful - but quite comfortable and clean. Comfortable room and common area. Staff is helpful. Nearby to great restaraunts. Excellent value. Not your typical square room - but very functional. Quite unique.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park? Share your experiences!