“Has gone down hill in the past year” 2 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #23 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Connecticut
“Has gone down hill in the past year”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The area was never great behind a Super 8 and LaQuinta but the hotel is in need of an upgrade. It has a dirty look to the carpet, the internet really did not work at all and on the 2nd night of our stay, we discovered tiny bugs in the bathroom sink. The layout is not a standard Country Inn style in the rooms. Have stayed here before but will not stay here again.

Room Tip: might request one away from the highway if you really need to stay here
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Chirag P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, we are very sorry that you did not like that stay at our hotel. We hope you will give us another chance, we are in the midst of a renovation of the rooms that will be starting in April. We have completed the lobby and breakfast room and moving quickly to the rooms. We hope you accept our apology and would love to discuss something we can do for you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chipley, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed in lots of Country Inns by Carlson. This one was not up to the standard I was expecting. Still, this is not a bad hotel. Maybe a little dated.The room had double beds. One bed was soft and comfy. The other was hard and springy. Room was clean and quiet. (What counted most was clean and quiet.) Didn't notice any room odor. Not impressed by the breakfast however. Rather over salted scrambled eggs and bacon was a little greasy. Coffee was good though. Checkout was easy. I did notice however that at check-in and check-out the desk clerk was both times away from the desk doing something in the breakfast bar area so I had to wait for help. The waiting was not a problem for me but I noticed that the other guests folios were left lying unattended and accessible. The entrance door to the clerks office was not locked. I had no problem with security but this may be a security concern for others. As a tip, access to the hotel is a little tricky. It is tucked away behind several other hotels in the southeast quadrant of the interchange of I-295 and Blanding Blvd. It is on the leg called Youngerman Circle EAST.. So when you get off of I-295 heading south on Blanding, you have to make a left turn onto Youngerman East, not a right turn.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Germantown, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went to check in, and found out that I had canceled my reservationby mistake. The front staff ( very friendly and welcoming) was very helpful in getting me a room, and one close to a door because I was traveling with my 89 year old Mother.
The room was spacious, clean, and the beds comfortable. Breakfast was good and the staff made sure that there was plenty of everything and the area kept clean.
I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: My room was right beside an exterior door and it was no problem.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

I had a very pleasant stay at the country inn & suites recently. The rooms have recently been refurbished and look very nice. Room was also spacious and very clean. Front desk clerks were very friendly and efficient. Breakfast was excellent, and the staff continually stocked items up and make sure the hot items were still in fact hot. The only downside was that wifi was a little slow. Overall, a great stay at a very nice country inn & suites hotel.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Chirag P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for the great review, we know your time is valuable and wanted to say thanks for taking the time to do that. I will definitely be sharing this with our staff and we hope that you will come back and see us very soon.

Sincerely
Chirag Patel

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville? Share your experiences!