“Will return when in the area” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #20 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Mt. Calm
“Will return when in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great location. Easy access to interstate, lots of places to eat at nearby.(and within walking range) Rooms are nice size with soft beds and everything you would need already in place. Even a call back from the desk clerk to make sure you room is right and it there anything else they can do for you. Internet service worked well

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Emporia, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We came to Jacksonville to see family...didnt realize it was bike week and spring break as well, so hotel was pretty busy. We were well satisfied with the service we received from the staff, as well as the cleanliness of the hotel and the quality of the breakfast. I was almost afraid to come after reading a couple of the very negative comments, but I can tell you there was nothing wrong with our stay. We saw a two small flaws in the bathroon where someone needed to come in and tighten a screw or two on the towel shelf and toilet seat, but I was very impressed with the cleanliness and size of our room. Thanks, Country Inn for a great stay. I will be a repeat customer.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room at the front of the hotel, since the highway is behind it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I checked into this hotel when i realized the reservation line booked my for the wrong location. I went to the front to bring this to their attention, and I encountered the front desk representative (TIKI). She was pleasant, professional, understanding, and truly concerned about my situation. She went over and beyond to get the problem corrected, so (KUDOS) to you (TIKI) for a job well done. Now I have to make a formal complaint on the people making the reservations. Their were rude & unprofessional.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
cisjaxfl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for writing this review and giving Tiki the accolade for giving you customer service. I do want to apologize on the behalf of our corporate customer service department for giving you such bad service. It is a reflection on our brand and I can assure you that I have spoken to the higher ups and they are giving better training to the people that serviced you the day of the incident. I hope that the next time your travel brings you to Jacksonville you will consider staying with us again!! I will also be sharing this with Tiki and again thank you so much.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The hotel was very clean and I was received well at reception. The room was clean and very roomy. The internet was very slow and non existent so if you need internet make sure it is working when you are staying. I reserved a king room but was given 2 queens, he said it was due to the late check in at 8pm. Other than that I had a good stay.

Room Tip: It is close to an expressway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel, we really do take pride in the customer service we offer and our hotel in general, I am going to be sending you are message because I would just like to find out a little more about the room mix up that occured and make sure that this does not happen again. Once again thanks for the kind words.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

After having to check out at the Crowne Plaza Riverfront at 2 am, because of an awful experience, we decided to get out of the downtown area of Jacksonville. We saw some good reviews of this hotel online and decided to check it out. The other "good" hotels in the area were kind of pricey for what they offer. We arrived at the Country Inn and the front desk lady was extremely nice, they gave us the room at the end of the hallway so we can get some sleep and don't be disturbed. Unfortunately, the lock of the door did not work properly and the manager came out and gave us the suite for the same price and apologized for the trouble. The bed was very comfy, the suite was sound proof and we had a perfect sleep, considering it was almost 3 am when we finally went to bed. They serve complimentary breakfast until 10:30 am and the selection is pretty good, better than the average complimentary breakfast you will get anywhere else. Our next trip to Jacksonville, we will definitely stay away from the downtown area and go back to the Country Inn.

Room Tip: The suite is a very good place if you need some quiet time to sleep.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for this awesome review, we are so happy that you had a great night sleep and again I have to apologize for the lock not working in the first room. I definitely will be sharing with our team and I really hope to see you guys again during your future stays in Jacksonville!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights. During our long drive down, we got a call from the manager asking if we would like a free upgrade from a room with 2 queens to a room with a king and a living room w/pull out sofa. We took it and we were so glad we did! The extra room allowed us the space we didn't know we needed. Two TV's so no arguing over what to watch. The bed was more comfortable than our bed at home. The continental breakfast each morning was perfect. Lots of choices and it wasn't the same every morning either. Fresh baked cookies at the front desk whenever you wanted one. The staff were all very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in the Jacksonville area. Clean, comfortable rooms and staff that treat you great! Can't ask for more than that!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
cisjaxfl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We are so thrilled that you said such kind words about our hotel. And I am so glad that we were able to speak and get you that upgrade for that extended stay!! I will definitely be sharing these comments with our staff. We hope that we see you again during your travels to Jacksonville and again thank you so much!! Also please contact me directly at the hotel when you guys are going to be back in the area and we can take care of your upgrades!!

Blacksburg, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed here in July and based on the that experience we can back.. They had a record of our last visit and put us in near the same room. It offered a better price than other hotels in the areas. I find this property very attractive with the plants and pots painted on the walls in the corridors.

Room was an adequate size. Breakfast was good. The outdoor pool was closed for the winter.

It is unfortunate that the room doors clang shut so loudly. We had neighbors that went in and out until well past 10pm. Their voices carried in the halls.

We will definitely plan on staying at this place again when coming down to Florida.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
First off let me thank your coming back to stay with us again and also taking the time to write a second post about our property. We really appreciate your words about the hotel and do apologize about the noise that you incurred during your stay, we always want to make sure our guests are the most comfortable. I will definitely share this with our staff and we definitely hope to see you again very soon!!

Chirag Patel

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville? Share your experiences!