“Great location close to lots of shopping” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #20 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Great location close to lots of shopping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have family there so we go about 1-2 times a year. We have stayed there twice now and loved it. The room was spacious and clean. The staff are all friendly and the breakfast is good. The lobby is attractive and the cookies are a great treat.

Room Tip: Not sure what rooms on 1st floor are like, we have only stayed on the 2nd floor but the room was qui...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
cisjaxfl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words, we are really happy that you found our hotel enjoyable. My staff definitely takes pride in these reviews and your words will keep motivating them to strive to offer the best service in Jacksonville. We really hope that in the future we can serve you again whenever you are in the Jacksonville/Orange Park area. Thanks again so much.

Chirag Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Webb City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed for a third time in this hotel, and we were just as pleased. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Housekeeping does a wonderful job keeping the room nice during an extended stay. When you walk into the hotel, the lobby is very attractive and immaculate. The hotel smells clean all the time. The staff is very kind. The hotel is on a busy corner, but the third hotel away from the corner, so it is quiet. A couple of new restaurants have been added during 2012 to the corner, so there are many options. Great place and highly recommend!

Room Tip: We like the top floor - very quiet. The king rooms with a small sitting area are great for work spa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
cisjaxfl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you so much for this review, when guest come back and stay with us again and again its makes us feel so good and you actually become part of our family. I will definitely share this review with our staff and it surely is going to help start our new year off right!! We hope to see you again very soon in the Jacksonville area!!

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel has a very polite staff, has clean and comfortable rooms, and a clean, working laundry facility. When I have to go to Jacksonville, it is 8 to 10 nights at a time. The breakfast is good, and the free wi-fi service is dependable. It is a little hard to find the first time off the Interstate, and the traffic light getting out of it is slow. but that is the only negative. Yes, there are nicer, more spacious accommodations, but this hotel is an excellent value and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: They do have some very nice suites...call the hotel directly and inquire when making your reservatio...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sorry for the Late response, but thank you so much for the kind words, I will definitely share this with my staff. Its going to help start us off on the right foot for the new year! I invite you to stay with us in the future and come see some of the new exciting changes we are making to the property this year!!

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

from the front desk
to the house keeping people
to the breakfast people
to the grounds people
to the maintance people
to the managent
they all a great team.
as long as our family lives here we will stay here....

Room Tip: all good we were on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
cisjaxfl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your Holidays with us at the Country Inn and Suites Jacksonville, FL. I will definitely be sharing this review with our staff. All reviews good or bad help us do better for our main goal which is our customers. We appreciate the time that you took to write about us and hope to see you again in the future very soon.

P.S. We hope your family lives in Jacksonville forever!!

Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This was our third Country Inns and Suites in as many days and this was my least favorite. The staff was cheerful and helpful but the hotel itself was the problem. I thought at first they have renovated another hotel into this Country Inns but the desk clerk said it was build from the ground up. Everything about this hotel was small and crowded including the lobby and check in office. The room were bordering on claustrophobic and the very end of the hall next to the highway ( they started working on the highway at 7am). The room was clean and the bed was comfortable but one of the smallest hotel rooms I have ever been in. The pool was maybe 12x12 outside and not heated and was in need of a cleaning. They had wine and chips in the evening that did not look appealing but they did offer a nice breakfast.This hotel was definitely not up to Country Inns and Suites usual standards. All in all if I had not had a confirmed reservation I would have chosen one of the other hotels near by that were cheaper and looked nicer.

Room Tip: another hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the review, I hope that we are able to better serve you the next time you are in Jacksonville, if you give us the opportunity again in the future.

Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed here for only one night (10/6/12) and there were both positive and negative things about this hotel.The positives include the front desk clerks and the breakfast staff. All employees I encountered were friendly and polite.This hotel is located right off of the Interstate and near many different restaurants and shops. The free breakfast included some hot items in addition to standard continental fare.

As for the negatives, traffic near the hotel is extremely congested which could be due in part to the nearby shopping centers as well as ongoing construction. Also the hotel is sort of tucked away in the back of a lot behind a Denny's and LaQuinta Inn and they could do a better job with signage directing you to the hotel once you've exited the highway.

The biggest negative of all however had to be the hotel room itself. The first room we were given had an overwhelming smell of bleach as soon as you entered. It was so bad that my eyes teared up and turned red after just a few minutes in the room. When I informed the lady at the front desk and asked for a different room she immediately suggested spraying the room with air freshener. This was unacceptable to me so she hesitantly gave me another room.

The second room did not smell of bleach but instead had a lingering musty smell to it. After driving 12 hours from home I was just tired and didn't want to switch rooms yet again. The next morning I realized that the carpet near the window and under the room's ac unit was extremely damp so that explained why the room had such a musty odor.

It should be noted that after completing a personalized online survey detailing the problems that I encountered, the hotel's General Manager sent me an email apologizing for the concerns I shared about my experience. The email stated in part that the issues that I had would be looked into and someone would get back to me with a resolution. That was over a month ago and I haven't heard from anyone since.

I don't know if I will ever have reason to travel back to Jacksonville again, but if I should return, I will definitely choose somewhere else to spend the night.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about our property, we apologize we were not able to better impress you during your stay, we hope that in the future you might give us a chance again so that we may show you what we are all about.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Was very nice motel. Very clean and nice bed. Nice clean bathrooms, plenty of hot water, nice tv, air conditioner worked great, very quiet room. The breakfast room was clean and pretty good food. The staff were very polite and helpful. I do not have anything bad to say about my stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
cisjaxfl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you so much for you kind words about our property. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will definitely share these comments with my staff because this is a great moral builder for all the hard work that they do. Again thank you so much and we hope to see you again soon when you are back in the Jacksonville, FL area.

Thankd
Country Inn and Suites
Jacksonville, FL

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville? Share your experiences!