“we have family in Jacksonville” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #22 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
Seattle, Washington
“we have family in Jacksonville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

from the front desk
to the house keeping people
to the breakfast people
to the grounds people
to the maintance people
to the managent
they all a great team.
as long as our family lives here we will stay here....

Room Tip: all good we were on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
cisjaxfl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your Holidays with us at the Country Inn and Suites Jacksonville, FL. I will definitely be sharing this review with our staff. All reviews good or bad help us do better for our main goal which is our customers. We appreciate the time that you took to write about us and hope to see you again in the future very soon.

P.S. We hope your family lives in Jacksonville forever!!

Chirag Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This was our third Country Inns and Suites in as many days and this was my least favorite. The staff was cheerful and helpful but the hotel itself was the problem. I thought at first they have renovated another hotel into this Country Inns but the desk clerk said it was build from the ground up. Everything about this hotel was small and crowded including the lobby and check in office. The room were bordering on claustrophobic and the very end of the hall next to the highway ( they started working on the highway at 7am). The room was clean and the bed was comfortable but one of the smallest hotel rooms I have ever been in. The pool was maybe 12x12 outside and not heated and was in need of a cleaning. They had wine and chips in the evening that did not look appealing but they did offer a nice breakfast.This hotel was definitely not up to Country Inns and Suites usual standards. All in all if I had not had a confirmed reservation I would have chosen one of the other hotels near by that were cheaper and looked nicer.

Room Tip: another hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the review, I hope that we are able to better serve you the next time you are in Jacksonville, if you give us the opportunity again in the future.

Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed here for only one night (10/6/12) and there were both positive and negative things about this hotel.The positives include the front desk clerks and the breakfast staff. All employees I encountered were friendly and polite.This hotel is located right off of the Interstate and near many different restaurants and shops. The free breakfast included some hot items in addition to standard continental fare.

As for the negatives, traffic near the hotel is extremely congested which could be due in part to the nearby shopping centers as well as ongoing construction. Also the hotel is sort of tucked away in the back of a lot behind a Denny's and LaQuinta Inn and they could do a better job with signage directing you to the hotel once you've exited the highway.

The biggest negative of all however had to be the hotel room itself. The first room we were given had an overwhelming smell of bleach as soon as you entered. It was so bad that my eyes teared up and turned red after just a few minutes in the room. When I informed the lady at the front desk and asked for a different room she immediately suggested spraying the room with air freshener. This was unacceptable to me so she hesitantly gave me another room.

The second room did not smell of bleach but instead had a lingering musty smell to it. After driving 12 hours from home I was just tired and didn't want to switch rooms yet again. The next morning I realized that the carpet near the window and under the room's ac unit was extremely damp so that explained why the room had such a musty odor.

It should be noted that after completing a personalized online survey detailing the problems that I encountered, the hotel's General Manager sent me an email apologizing for the concerns I shared about my experience. The email stated in part that the issues that I had would be looked into and someone would get back to me with a resolution. That was over a month ago and I haven't heard from anyone since.

I don't know if I will ever have reason to travel back to Jacksonville again, but if I should return, I will definitely choose somewhere else to spend the night.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about our property, we apologize we were not able to better impress you during your stay, we hope that in the future you might give us a chance again so that we may show you what we are all about.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Was very nice motel. Very clean and nice bed. Nice clean bathrooms, plenty of hot water, nice tv, air conditioner worked great, very quiet room. The breakfast room was clean and pretty good food. The staff were very polite and helpful. I do not have anything bad to say about my stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
cisjaxfl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you so much for you kind words about our property. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will definitely share these comments with my staff because this is a great moral builder for all the hard work that they do. Again thank you so much and we hope to see you again soon when you are back in the Jacksonville, FL area.

Thankd
Country Inn and Suites
Jacksonville, FL
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Price is great for the service included. Staff is pleasant, breakfasts great... right down to the little mints on the nightstand. Fabulous gal was Shawnessy. I was having problems with a reservation made on phone threw another company and she stood by me and straightened it all out. She goes above and beyond to please the guests. Don't lose her.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
cisjaxfl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review, we strive to do our best and I definitely will share these great comments with Shawnessy, she is a major asset to our company. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope that we will see you again in the future.

Orlando, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My employer requires that I travel frequently and on a recent assignment to Jacksonville, I chose the Country Inn because it was close to the site I was working on and the price was in line with my budget. Upon checking in a young man was working the front desk and checked me in. The check in process seemed to take about 10 minutes while the front desk clerk told me about his personal life and how he needed a credit card.

Once checked in the room and hotel seemed to be clean if a little dated. I had no troubles during my stay however after I checked out I noticed that I had been charged $135.48, in addition to the room rate of $148 for two nights for my stay which was booked and paid for through Hotels.com.

I contacted the hotel once I arrived home and they told me that my card was charged twice for incidentials in error. At this point it has been over a week since my stay and my money still has not been returned.

I have another assignment in Jacksonville this coming week and I did NOT book with Country Inn again because of their irresponsible handling of my funds.

Room Tip: Do not give them a credit card to place incidentials on...better to give them a cash deposit. They...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Good Afternoon Mr. Rich G.,

It sounds like you booked your room on a 3rd party website Expedia, Hotels.com etc. It is a policy of the hotel to authorize a card for incidentals. I would like to rectifiy the situation because we are not a fraudelent business where just double charge people. We you actually charged the 135.48 or was it just held on the card that you provided at check in?? Did the authorization drop off?? Please give me a call at 904-772-7771 so we can further discuss this and that we can make sure you are satisfied with the outcome of the situation.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed in this hotel while visiting friends over in Ponte Vedra. We chose it because we know the continental breakfasts at Country Inn & Suites are great. We were definitely not disappointed. Very good choices and lots of variety. Scrambled eggs, seasoned potatoes, bacon, oatmeal, cereal, toast, etc. Very friendly and helpful staff in the breakfast room. Go early as it fills up fast and only has about 8-10 tables. Breakfast is from 7-10:30 which is nicer than some that end at 9.
Hotel was immaculate inside and out, very pretty and nicely furnished. We stayed in the rooms that have the king bed in one room with a door and then a couch and chair in the front area that folds out into a bed. Perfect for us since we had one of our children's friends with us. It gave us adults some privacy while changing and sleeping.
Pool is posted that it is only open until 6 but if you ask at the front desk they can keep it open longer for you with no problem. Front desk even let my daughter use their inner tube which was very nice. Pool is not huge but is a nice relief to the heat and is located on the east side of the hotel so it is shaded in the late afternoon.
Staff was great and very accommodating when we needed extra towels, shampoo and conditioner.
Room was clean, neat and had everything we needed.
Pillows were awful though :( Not sure why but it seems all the Country Inns we have stayed at have the same pillows? Bring your own though, seriously, or you may not sleep well. I am not that picky but these made my head feel like a bowling ball when I laid down. My head sunk all the way to the bottom. Fortunately my husband had brought his from home so I was able to sleep.
Otherwise, I would recommend this to anyone. Plenty of places to eat and shop around it as well as easy on/off of main interstate which made it fast to get to our friends' house.
Jordan was awesome! As was Shaughnessy (I think that was her name?). Shaughnessy was the desk clerk when we checked in and was fabulous. She did tell us all about the Carlton Club and was able to sign us up (it's free) so we could gain points from that stay. I appreciate that since I did not know about it at the hotel we stayed at the previous night. She gave us the option of a 2nd or 3rd floor room and we took the 2nd floor. Heard a little noise from room above (toilets) but otherwise it was quiet.
Jordan was the evening desk manager and was absolutely fabulous at accommodating our extra towel and amenities needs. Very nice and happy to help in any way he could.
We would definitely stay here again when we come back down this way.

Room Tip: room 216 was quiet and clean
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
cisjaxfl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you so much for these kind words about or Staff and property. I will definitely be posting this for the whole staff to see. Words like these help us keep wanting to do better for our guests. I will also print this out and give copies to Jordan and Shawnessy, to give them accolades for their great service. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Jacksonville area.