“Great Staff and Facilities” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early & Save 25%
Ranked #38 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
Michigan
“Great Staff and Facilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Back in Jacksonville at the Deerwood HGI. Staff was great as usual. Room was clean and well maintained. Maintenance Man Dave was very helpful in fixing my TV and recommending a great place to eat. The personnel and the value are why I keep coming back.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Fran A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Hi Patrick we are glad to hear that you had a great time during your stay. David is an excellent associate in our team he always go above and beyond to excced the guest expectations. We will look forward to see you again at Hilton Jacksonville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Good experience, great location, lots of restaurants around. I would come back and stay at this Hilton again. The staff were very helpful and made sure we had everything we needed. The beds were comfortable, bathrooms clean, a/c worked well, the manager introduced himself and offered any assistance needed during our stay as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Fran A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Hi Carolina thank you for joining us at the Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB/Deerwood Park. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us as much as we have enjoyed having you here.We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and never had these issues. The young lady (Daniella?) at the front desk was a little testy and the room was almost clean. The staff just wasn't the greatest, and the foreign chef was very rude! The breakfast which is usually awesome, was very disappointing. First of all the waitress, blonde older woman, Sandy I believe, had a deadpan attitude, had to get my own coffee. My order wasn't right tried to talk to the chef who just got loud and mad at me! Couldn't find the waitress! What happened since I was there last month??

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Fran A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Devin I sincerely apologize for the numerous issues you had during your stay. Our F&B Supervisor has addressed stated issues to this team to make sure this does not happen again. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Cooper City, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I've stayed at this location a few times without issue and prior to my last stay I would have rated it good or above average. It's a standard HGI in terms of amenities and quality. Location is good for just about any area you want to visit in Jacksonville.

I will likely not stay again due to service issues. During my last visit the television set was not working properly. As I left for dinner I stopped by the front desk and two associates assured me it would be fixed while I was out. I came back 3 hours later and no one had been to the room. Since I was only staying for one night I decided it wasn't important.

I received a note from the manager several days later asking about my stay. I informed him that there was a problem that didn't get resolved. He was very apologetic and said he would credit my Hilton Honors account with extra points for my trouble. After 45 days, nothing has happened. I sent a follow up email after 30 days - no response.

I believe the sign of a good hotel is how effectively they deal with issues. Unfortunately this one failed on multiple levels. Based upon this I'll take my business elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience I sincerely apologize for the numerous issues you had during your stay.I will address this with my staff immediately to make sure this does not happen again. Thank you again for staying with us we appreciate your business and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Indianapolis, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I was in town for business for a week. Fast check in experience very friendly staff. The complimentary internet in my room was a decent connection speed. The breakfast was a bit pricey in my opinion if you have a family however they did have a decent variety when it came to their breakfast bar.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi Ms.Lorainna Thank you again for staying with us and for your great 4 star review. We will definitely look into our Bfast price. We appreciate your business and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Dayton, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

First of all, from the exterior, it looks really nice, and the lobby is current. However, it seems they keep the AC on low as the lobby and first floor is humid and not cool at all. The rooms are relatively current for a Garden Inn. Housekeeping is spotty as some days they came, others they didn't. What also surprised me was that it seemed as if no one was doing maintenance. Pool was constantly dirty, laundry devices were broken, and the AC in the gym never got below 82.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the first floor at all!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness and AC issues you had during your stay. AC was an unexpected break down but has been repaired. Also our Executive Housekeeper has addressed cleanliness issue to her team. Again I apologize for this inconvenience and look forward to welcome you again at Hilton Garden Inn.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We had family in town. We reserved 12 rooms and Pierce at the front desk was great. Family arrived at different times and he accommodated all of their needs. Pierce took the time to show my 82 year old mother how to adjust he sleep number bed...thanks for a great stay

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Fran A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for staying with us we appreciate your business and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.