“2 little problems” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Lewisville
“2 little problems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The hotel is very nice and very well maintained. There is a smoking area at the pool but if it rains you are out of luck. It is within walking distance to bars and movie theatres. The issues I had was the sheets and pillow cases wreaked of clorox and the cook does not know how to fry an egg without it arriving brown and crispy.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Fran A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for your comments. Our goal is to provide our guest a comfortable atmosphere and memorable stay. I see at some point these standards were not met during your visit and I will address this with my staff immediately to make sure this does not happen again.I Apologize for this inconvience and will look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Fernandina Beach, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Horrible service and room condition, you get charged for $12.95 breakfast even when you get an old english muffin, You don't feel welcome or safe. The grounds are unsafe, my boyfriend slipped and fall in the parking lot on wet leave's after he was told to park the by the staff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

VLADIMIR V, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Bonnie G,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience during your stay. It seems that we didn't meet your expectations and I want to assure you that your comments will be shared with my staff and addressed accordingly. We appreciate your business and highly value your loyalty. This is not our norm and we will certainly take the necessary steps to improve the areas that you mentioned in your comments.

Your response is a lesson for us and I truly hope that you will give us a chance to serve you better in the future.

At your service,
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed here for a work conference and after seeing the great reviews on here, I had high expectations. When we first arrived, my coworker and I were given our room keys and one breakfast coupon "booklet", good for one person. When we told the receptionist we would be needing two he told us he would make another one and to come get it later since there was a line at the reception. I came back later and the manager told me that since we were only paying for the one person per room rate, we were only allowed enough coupons for one person. I told him that the hotel knew that two people were staying in our room since both our names were on the account. He said that we were still paying a discounted rate (since this was one of the selected hotels for the conference) and not allowed any more coupons. After arguing for a few more minutes, my bus to the conference had arrived and I had to leave. I discussed this with some of my other coworkers, and they told me that they were given enough coupons for two people, even though they were paying the same rate as us. Turns out, though, that we didn't even need the coupons because the staff never asked for them when we went down for breakfast. All this hoopla for nothing! I will say the breakfast was very good and had a variety of items to choose from. Another problem I had with the hotel was the cleanliness. When I went to take a shower my first night, there were little black hairs all over the shower walls. I called reception to ask for the maid to clean the shower the next morning, but it still upset me that the shower was not clean for our arrival. Other than those two problems, the hotel was great. It's located next to plenty of restaurants and bars, and even a movie theater. There was one woman receptionist who was always so nice and welcoming. I highly suggest talking to her if you need anything!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
VLADIMIR V, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Texas 2829,

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience during your stay, particularly with our breakfast coupons situation. We appreciate your business and I want to assure you that your comments will be shared with my team and addressed accordingly. There is no excuse for inadequate service and this is certainly not our standard. I am glad that you enjoyed the quality of our food and you found our Front Desk staff accommodating.

I hope that you will give us another chance to serve you better in the future. Feel free to contact me personally with any questions or feedback. Hope to see you back soon!

At your service,
Mount Dora, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This hotel was beautiful and we had a wonderful experience. The staff was very friendly as well. We also really enjoyed the hotels breakfast. The food was fresh and hot and they offered a large variety of items to choose from.

Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed here at the Hilton Garden Inn for work reasons. The hotel is in a great spot. central to the mall and restaurants. Check-in was easy and fast. The front desk staff informed me of the amenities as well as the breakfast hours. The room I had was right off the elevator and near the ice machine so I fully expected I would have to switch rooms. Once I was in the room and TV on, I could not hear the ice machine or elevator, maybe because it was a Sunday night. The room was large enough to lay out my laptop and the work chair was one of the best I have sat in at a hotel. The TV had issues with the picture and quality but I did not complain, probably should have for the next person. The bathroom was clean, first thing I check. The bed was above average comfortable, likely had to due with the adjustable sleep system the bed was equipped with. Breakfast was better than most free breakfast fare offered by other chains. Coffee was good as was the coffee in the room. Will stay here next trip.

Room Tip: make sure your room is away from the ice machine and elevator
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Enjoyed my stay at this hotel, I did not utilize a lot of the amenities. I did take notice that the hotel was quite, the room was clean and the customer service was great. I would definatly stay at this location again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Winona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel was wonderful. The location is perfect for Jacksonville. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the breakfast in the morning was delicious! The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and will be staying here every time I'm in Jacksonville.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park? Share your experiences!