“Clean and Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Clean and Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My wife and I stay at this hotel whenever we visit family in Jacksonville for holidays and family functions. The staff has always been friendly, beds are comfortable and the rooms are well maintained. I would recommend this hotel. In fact I just booked again this morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have to agree 100% with the other reviewers regarding the breakfast service and furniture needing improvement. As a business traveler there is an expectation on having breakfast seating to be available readily and self service food warm and fresh. The three days I came down for breakfast at 7:30am there were no seats available for a single diner. Perhaps the hotel needs to rethink the seating arrangement when they change out the worn out furniture. Seriously, the dining furniture needs to be thrown out and replaced with more functional and space efficient seating. As far as the food... I did notice that the breakfast sausage rewarmed the next day. It's difficult to get anyone's attention to order an omelet from the kitchen.

Also, this hotel needs to check out its ventilation system. I can literally smell breakfast cooking from my 5th floor room at 6:00 am.

Walls between connected rooms are super thin.... I can hear the TV from the room next door that I had to request a room change.

Wake up call didnt ring.
Room clocks are not set accurately.
My king bed mattress had a big dent on one side that had me rolling over to the dent all night.

I wanted to like this hotel choice.... But I'm just not getting the value I thought I was going to get from this hotel brand.

Room Tip: I was told upper 4th & 5th floors have the most adjoining rooms. I don't advise having con...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hans R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your review MzMina. I sincerely apologize that our restaurant area did not exceed your expectations. I will certainly look into options for improving our ventilation system. I appreciate your feedback so we can look into the issues you experienced. We will be renovating the lobby/lounge area later this month including replacing the furniture and would love if you would give us another chance.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel this week and found the Front Desk staff to be average, not particularly friendly. The room was OK, no complaints. The restaurant needs attention from the on-property HGI Management. It's not the food, it's the service that's lacking. I went down to Breakfast two mornings in a row, and none of the tables were ready for seating. Some tables needed to be cleaned from previous guests, other clean tables had no napkins or utensils, just two or three empty coffee cups on them. When I seated myself at a table and started through the serving line area, one of the servers came out and placed exactly one set of utensils on my table. One day I was asked and received a cup of coffee, the other day I had to serve myself. On both days, the server never came back, never gave me a check to pay for the breakfast. I had to stand at the Front Desk and ask them to get a server from the kitchen to come out and give me a check so I could pay my bill. The other dreadful aspect of the restaurant are the chairs. They are literally falling apart on almost every chair at every table. The vinyl is flaking off of them, no apologies from the server either. It's take it or leave it. After two less than steller breakfasts there, I opted to go elsewhere for my next one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn back in February 2013 for a whole week of a business trip. I always stay at Hiltons but usually never give the Hilton Garden Inn's a chance. I was definitely impressed overall with the HGI and may have to consider staying at them more often.

I was greeted on a late Sunday night/Monday early morning with a very friendly front desk agent who gave me a good feel for the area with where to visit, etc.

The room that I stayed in was very clean and spacious and I couldn't have asked for anything better. I also really enjoyed how this hotel shares a parking lot with a local restaurant/brewhouse. They had really good food there for pretty good prices as well! I also noticed a ton of other different places to eat within a mile or two so you seriously couldn't ask for a better location.

The location was a little bit off of the highway/airport but not too bad of a drive so I didn't mind it especially not being from the area and seeing new landscape.

If I am ever in the Jacksonville area again I will definitely be returning to this hotel and will be looking to stay at more Hilton Garden Inn's when I get the chance.

London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stay was prebooked via internet as a HHonors member. Well that got me a room two doors down from the elevator, which because of guests coming and going until at least 1 a.m. and as they just carried on like it was 9 p.m. lost sleep. Then the room next door became occupied around 1 a.m. they decided to have an argument. Next at 6 a.m. the other room guest decided to play adult games. The room itself was fine. The check in person so so, the night clerk and morning clerk friendly. Generally the hotel is well kept, easy on and off I-95 as I was heading south worked out just fine in that regard. No breakfast unless you can afford $12.95 each person.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Smaller hotel but clean and quiet. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was updated. Room had fridge and microwave. Front desk staff very friendly and professional both at check-in and check-out. No bar but there is a restaurant with bar just across the parking lot, and a little store in the hotel that sells beer and wine 24 hours a day. Breakfast buffet was excellent - plenty of hot foods and fresh cut fruit and berries, as well as the usual cereal, yogurt, muffins, etc. No complaints at all, I would stay here again.

Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were visiting Jacksonville so that my wife and I could run in the "26.2 with Donna" marathon and half-marathon {all the proceeds go to breast cancer research, by the way...}. The race start was delayed 30 minutes, which meant that we did not get back to the hotel until right before checkout. The front desk staff was very accommodating and let us extend our check-out long enough to get cleaned up and changed.
It is this type of customer friendly service that keeps me coming back to Hilton properties in general and HGI in particular.
You can bet that if we are visiting the area again, we will *definitely* stay at this property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park? Share your experiences!