“the worst place ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Jacksonville Downtown Area

You added Super 8 Jacksonville Downtown Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Jacksonville Downtown Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2228 Phillips Highway, I-95 & Phillips Hwy Exit 105, Jacksonville, FL 32207   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #100 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Idaho Springs, Colorado
“the worst place ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed only for one night and I would rather sleep in a car. First of all I reserved a room with a king size bed and with a microwave and refrigerator i even had a printed sheet that said that. When I entered the room I saw that there was no microwave and refrigerator in a room so I went to the front desk and they said that I did not request it, though it was on my reservation sheet. I asked for the refund and they did not want to give me money back. It was 10 p.m and I was so tired that I just agreed for a double beds room with a micro and fridge. Room was terrible. Blenkets were dirty and had holes in it. Refrigerator was dirty and had bugs inside. I wanted to make a cup of coffee but when I opened a coffee maker it looks like it has never been washed, iron was dirty and did not get hot. I did not even take a shower because it was moldy and dirty. When I went outside just to smoke a cigarette I saw a hooker talking to my brother. This is ridiculous!!!! I did not sleep all night ,I even heard people talking about drugs next to my room. I woke up at 6 o'clock and left I could not stay any longer. The reason I stayed there was because it was too late and I had an interview early in a morning. I will never stay there!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
super8central, Manager at Super 8 Jacksonville Downtown Area, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
We apologize for any and all inconveniences you had at our property. We do have security on staff in the evening to ensure our guest are safe. I have brought the issues mentionted to the attention of staff in each particular department. I do work hard with my staff to ensure that these issues are not re-occuring. Our micro/fridges are based on availabilty. We do hope you return in the future for a more pleasant experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Miami, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I'm not kidding about the title. Our stay there was terrifying. All around the perimiter one could easily find drug dealers & hookers (who approached one of the members of my collegues offering to "make him feel real good"). The room was a nightmare. The toilet did not function, the sink handle broke in my hand when turned on, the carpet was moist, the bath towels were the size of dish rags, the room smelled extrememly bad...and to TOP IT ALL OFF we were bitten alive by what appears to have been BED BUGS! Hopefully, we have not contracted anything else from our stay and I must warn everyone DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Rooms are infested with bed bugs and the entire perimiter had hookers and drug dealers around.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
super8central, General Manager at Super 8 Jacksonville Downtown Area, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
We would like to apolagize for any inconvenience you had at our hotel. We take bed bugs very seriously, as it is an issue in the hotel industry. We have contacted the pest control service to address this issue. We do have security on site, and survellance camera's on the property to ensure the safety of our guest's. I work hard with my staff to make sure our guest have a pleasant stay. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Pocahontas, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I guess the old saying you get what you pay for is true. I did get a reduced rate because I am a Wyndham employee but this hotel is awful. I picked it based on the previous reviews. We stayed two nights only because that is what I budgeted our vacation for. The faucet in the sink was dirty, carpet coming up in the corners, pillows were so flat, some of them even had places that looked like they had gotten hot, Ac was not good the first night, hot all night, the next night was ok. It is not in a good neighborhood, but they do have it gated off and only one way in and out and a security guard, but it looks scary around there. Hardly anything for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I would like to apologize for the issues you had at our hotel. If we were notified of the issue, we will handle it in a timely manner or relocate you to a more acommodating room. We have recently upgraded our breakfast with waffles, yogurt, oatmeal and cinnamon roll's. We hope you will give us another chance the next time you're in Jacksonville.
Eastern Shore, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I am active duty Coast Guard and had to stop in Jacksonville for transmission repairs. The repair place was only a block from two motels. I won't name the competitor but the Super 8 was the better value, had nicer rooms and a wonderfully warm staff. The competitors employee, was rude and thought I was crazy for asking for a military discount. I spent a lot of money for transmission repairs but fortunately did not have to for the three day (Jun 23-25) I spent at the Super 8. Thank you Hadley, Atash and Jay for suck a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Second floor is quieter and more secure because of less foot traffic.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
It was a pleasure having you with us James. We value the Military, and always will. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Mifflinburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

If looking in this area, you cant beat the prices for a comfortable nite's stay...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
We are glad you had a great stay with us at our Super 8 and we look forward of seeing you on your next visit in Jacksonville.
Harrogate, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

Comfortable enough, but the room stank of mouldy carpets. Might opt to pay the extra $10 for another place next time. But the service was fantastic. The guy there was very friendly. Oh, no internet in rooms.

• Stayed May 2012
We apologize for the unpleasant odor you experienced, however we do have our carpets cleaned professionaly every four months. When a problem like this arises it is best to bring it to our attention immediately so we can better accomodate you. We hope you will give us a second chance to prove ourselves.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

As always J took good care of us during our stay. April 13-16. Our Masonic. Conference was great , but J made it all better. We will always stay there.
Al

• Stayed April 2012
super8central, Owner at Super 8 Jacksonville Downtown Area, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Mr. Simmons, It is always a pleasure to have you and your group here at our Super 8. If there is anything I can do for your group in July, please let me know. I look forward to see you in a couple of months, and as always, the pool will be ready for your group when you arrive.

Been to Super 8 Jacksonville Downtown Area? Share your experiences!