“Short stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #110 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Florida
“Short stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

It was an average stay compared to most of the hotels I have stayed in, in the past. I did like the jacuzzi tub, that is always a plus. The hotel is older but still in good condition, I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This property from the outside doesn't look too nice, but once you get in to your room it's all good. The check in was super fast, "thanks Amanda" she was very friendly. I got a Second floor wich is ok with me but I need to mention they DONT HAVE ELEVATORS!! So if you have issues with stairs make sure you ask for a ground floor in advance. There are a few restaurants close by like a Denny's 24hrs.

Room Tip: No Elevators!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Covington, Kentucky, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. The staff here goes out of their way to make you happy. The groundsman and housekeepers are super hard workers! The pool was nice and it is very close to a Denny's and the beaches. I loved my stay and look forward to my next:)

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was hesitant to book this hotel after reading other reviews.But I knew my favorite brand would not let me down.
Other reviewers have pointed out a noise problem. There may be one around the pool but this is a very spread out hotel and you can request another.
My room was facing outward towards my car and I heard very little noise.
Upon entering the hotel I again looked for finger prints on the glass doors (this is a sign of overall cleanliness) the glass was spotless. Front desk staff was more than helpful and very friendly and professional. My room was a king plus room with a refrigerator, microwave, and flat screen TV. The bed was new and pillow top. Everything was clean but not spotless. Dirty mirror and filthy desk chair. However all it felt very clean.
This hotel has a very special staff worth mentioning. From the grounds keeper to the older housekeeper they were all great. The pool was clean and beautiful foliage. I'll stay here again!
Side note on security: Another reviewer mentioned it felt unsafe. It is VERY safe and in a wonderful area. I left my chromed out 2012 Lexus here for 3 nights.... You cannot beat this hotel!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I love the room they gave me very happy I will ask for the same room when I return and the breakfast like always very good thank you!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The rooms were very run down. Carpets were filthy. You could tell, even though it was a non-smoking room, it had been smoked in a lot. There were no towels in the room and when I inquired, I was told they would be delivered later because of a problem with the laundry machines. Four hours later when I went to the front desk, she pulled a couple towels out of a hamper and handed them to me. Not even folded.
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Jacksonville Baymeadows? Share your experiences!