“Very clean.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Kutztown
“Very clean.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

We stayed at this Red Roof while visiting relatives in the area. The room was cheap, but it was very clean. We had no complaints and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New Bern, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

Stayed here one night en-route to Southern FL. They billboards along 295 advertising all rooms $39.99. When I checked in they presented me with rates $48 - $55. I asked them whats up with that, and they said, all you have to mention is that you saw the sign, and they will give you the rate. Good Deal. Rooms are not huge, but big enough for 1 or 2, clean. Mine was supposed to be non smoking but had a slight smoky aroma that I mentioned in the morning while checking out. They took another $5 off. Cant beat $40 for a decent nights sleep. Fast free wifi, no continental but a coffee machine in the lobby. Adjacent to all kinds of eating and shopping.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2008

We stayed here for GA/FL weekend and we really enjoyed our expericence. The rooms were very clean and elegant! We were very impressed. We plan to stay there every year during that weekend from now on. GREAT PLACE TO STAY!!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tallahassee, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2007

My friend booked this hotel based on the hotel's advertisement that it was "newly renovated." This unfortunately was far from the truth. We walked into our room and it had a musty/dirty feet smell to it. The carpet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years (stains all over it). The grout in the bathroom probably was never cleaned and the shower curtain had mold on it. It was beyond disgusting. We showered in our flip flops or standing on a towel - there was no way you wanted to stand on the floor (tile or carpet) barefoot. The bed was one of the most uncomfortable beds I've ever slept on and there was no hair dryer or iron. And we had to kill 6 crickets that were IN the room! I also did not feel safe and would not recommend this for a woman on her own.

The only good things about the hotel were: microwave and fridge in room; pillows were decent; and close to lots of food; the front desk people were pretty nice.

To give the hotel the benefit of the doubt, we did talk to a couple staying in another room and they said their room was clean and looked fresh. So maybe we just had a dud of a room. However, that being said, I still would never stay at this hotel again because of the experience I had personally. It definitely was not worth the money ($95/night) and there was a nicer looking Hampton Inn right next door. If we hadn't been there during a huge football weekend, I would have tried to find a room at another hotel ASAP upon entering our room. Unfortunately, most hotels in the JAX area were booked so we were stuck at the "cricket motel."

• Liked — Location to restaurants
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2007

We had to pay $95 per night for this hotel -- granted, it was booked on short notice for the FSU/Bama game, so we were lucky to get anything, but we chose this hotel because it was advertised as being newly renovated. Other rooms at the hotel may have been, but ours was not. I say it's a bonus for the fishermen out there because immediately upon checking in, we discovered 6 crickets in the room -- BONUS, FREE BAIT...oh, but here's the thing, we weren't looking for a room with free bait.

The room was dirty (we refused to walk around barefoot) and the bathroom floor had not been cleaned in ages, so again, we wouldn't tread barefoot, and even had to stand on a towell in the shower for fear of contracting athlete's foot or worse! The shower curtain was disgusting (moldy), the room smelled funky, and I found a flea on my arm the next morning. Did I mention that sleeping on a concrete slab would have been more comfortable than the beds? Oh, and don't expect to get a decent selection of channels -- we only got about 20 or so.

On the up side, the pillows were good (but we did discover cigarette burns in the sheets) and it was in a good location as far as restaurants and the stadium go, and the employees were very nice and polite. However, this was DEFINITELY not a $95 a night kind of place...I'd be reluctant to pay $45, much less the $95 charged.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — BUGS IN THE ROOM!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Clearwater, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2005

The room itself was fine - clean enough but one of our major problems was that the door to our room was broken. When we went to our room the first time it was standing open! We had trouble making sure it was closed and secure. I went to get ice at 7:00 A.M. and had a slightly scary confrontation with a weird guy who was hanging out on the top floor walkway. He seemed to be looking for some girl they were partying with the night before and he mistook me for her. When I ran out to my car the evening before there seemed to be a lot of low-life type people about drinking beer outside their rooms and yelling. We only stayed the one night. I would not recommend this hotel (especially to female travelers) as I did not feel very safe. We paid $45.00 a night but on a later stay found some better options for about $10.00 more.

• Stayed April 2004, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2003

Here's what me and my family experienced last month at this Red Roof:

Advantages: walking distance stores, including great Chinese buffet.
Easy access to highway, Jacksonville, and points beyond. Low price.

Probs: Main light over sink area broken, vomit at base of staircase, poor cable tv reception, down-and-out-looking men drinking beer from paper bags just below us...Unfortunately, it all added up to a less-than-enjoyable stay. I'm a fan of Red Roof Inns most of the time - when my family's lookin for a very inexpensive but clean and reliable place to stay, they've come through many times for us. This place, however, was not up to the most minimal basic Red Roof standards based on our experiences at other Red Roofs.

Been to Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park? Share your experiences!