“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #94 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Traverse City, Michigan
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

In my experience with Red Roof, this has been a low point. Room is scant, Wifi signal is weak, linens are threadbare and thin. Don't forget the $1.50 nonsense on the safe, you have to ask to have removed from your bill at departure. Too many alternatives in the area to endure this lack of quality.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I checked in at about 10PM by Anne, who was very friendly and efficient. The hotel is old and is needing a facelift. My room was clean, and the A/C worked well which is very important to me. I had no problems, and it was a pretty good value for the money. The area around the hotel was quiet with plenty of places to eat, and things to do.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The afternoon/evening staff was friendly, but this place was unacceptable. Besides not serving any breakfast, the safe in the room was broken, and one of the two mornings I was there, there was absolutely no hot water whatsoever. The door handle to the room was also loose (although not broken), and the door jiggled back and forth even when it was closed, letting in noise, light, and air -- I had to prop a chair against it a night to keep it completely closed.

The worst part about the room, however, was the bugs. There were bugs in the bathroom on the floor and in the tub. There were also numerous bugs crawling around the sink. I even saw a bug one of the beds. It was absolutely disgusting. I'll never stay at a Red Roof Inn again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Saint Cloud, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Always clean and quiet. I had not stayed here in a few months . I found out Mr. Fazli has left. I wish him well. He was a very nice and helpful man. A loss for Red Roof. Also it is under new management. Room and service was fine. Have yet to have any problems here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I was passing through from Virginia on are way to Orlando and was tired so we stop at this Red Roof Inn. Upon our arrival Anna the front desk clerk greeted us with a smile checked us in rapidly, and was very helpful with providing us information on the surrounding areas with the best food. The house keeper which I believe named was Tammy was also very helpful with providing me with how to operate the TV. The room are very clean and comfortable. Thanks Anna and Tammy for making my husband and I feel welcome. We definitely will stay at this Red Roof Inn again! :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Was able to book a room about 20 minutes before arrival when it became apparent I would need a hotel room. Hotel staff did a wonderful job accommodating my special requests at no extra charge.

Rooms were clean and quite well provisioned. Staff was helpful and courteous on both check in and check out. Would definitely turn here first if looking to stay in the area again.

• Stayed September 2013
Charlotte
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We booked a room at this Red Roof through their website. We are Red Card members and have used quite a few Red Roofs. They have been renovating their hotels and have found them to be clean and comfortable. We expected the same from this one in Jacksonville. It was dirty and the carpet was filthy and not renovated. The next morning my pajamas smelled like smoke from the mattress and I had a horrible headache from sleeping on the smoky mattress. We could not wait to leave the place. When I replied to a survey from Red Roof, I was offered a discount if I would return to this hotel. Never! not at any discount. It needs to be cleaned and have new bedding installed.

Room Tip: I do not think they have a good room.