“Still Good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
Saint Cloud, Florida
“Still Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Always clean and quiet. I had not stayed here in a few months . I found out Mr. Fazli has left. I wish him well. He was a very nice and helpful man. A loss for Red Roof. Also it is under new management. Room and service was fine. Have yet to have any problems here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I was passing through from Virginia on are way to Orlando and was tired so we stop at this Red Roof Inn. Upon our arrival Anna the front desk clerk greeted us with a smile checked us in rapidly, and was very helpful with providing us information on the surrounding areas with the best food. The house keeper which I believe named was Tammy was also very helpful with providing me with how to operate the TV. The room are very clean and comfortable. Thanks Anna and Tammy for making my husband and I feel welcome. We definitely will stay at this Red Roof Inn again! :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Was able to book a room about 20 minutes before arrival when it became apparent I would need a hotel room. Hotel staff did a wonderful job accommodating my special requests at no extra charge.

Rooms were clean and quite well provisioned. Staff was helpful and courteous on both check in and check out. Would definitely turn here first if looking to stay in the area again.

• Stayed September 2013
Charlotte
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We booked a room at this Red Roof through their website. We are Red Card members and have used quite a few Red Roofs. They have been renovating their hotels and have found them to be clean and comfortable. We expected the same from this one in Jacksonville. It was dirty and the carpet was filthy and not renovated. The next morning my pajamas smelled like smoke from the mattress and I had a horrible headache from sleeping on the smoky mattress. We could not wait to leave the place. When I replied to a survey from Red Roof, I was offered a discount if I would return to this hotel. Never! not at any discount. It needs to be cleaned and have new bedding installed.

Room Tip: I do not think they have a good room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a very short weekend. It was last minute and we probably won't be staying here again. The rooms were okay, nothing fancy. We had to change our room twice because the first room didn't have a mini fridge so we upgraded, then that rooms air conditioner didn't work and made an awful noise. So we finally settled in the third room. I believe all the rooms still had a scent of cigarettes. Once we were settled, it was fine. An average room at an average place. No roaches!:) No elevator:( oh and they are very strict at check out times. Call us picky but hey we want to be comfortable and smell nice, not our clothes end up smelling like cigarettes!
Last minute cheap short stay.

• Stayed April 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Traveling with pets is difficult at best. Red Roof Inns are better than most places that allow pets and don't charge for them. Rooms are nice, fairly clean. Locations of hotels are not always great. This one was okay, location well not the best part of town but okay. Room was as advertised and reasonable price. Will use again and recommend. One item of notice the toilet in 3 Red Roof Inns now have not functioned properly, should be checked. Staff was good, friendly and helpful.

Stayed August 2013
West Palm Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I am on a very tight budget since my position in my school district was eliminated and I had to retire. I have to stay overnight in Jacksonville, Florida, twice every month. It can get very expensive.
I love Red Roof Inns. Some have been renovated; some have not. This Inn is rather old, but it's clean, the people who work there are kind, professional, and will do whatever they can to make you comfortable, and it's very affordable, especially if you reserve early through the website.
It is not hard to find as there is a huge Red Roof Inn sign visible from I-295. Get off at the Orange Park exit. Coming from the south it's a left turn onto Blanding and then the first right at the light. The road work must be completed as I was there August 24,2013, and didn't have a problem with it.
The area is just a mile from the Orange Park Mall. There are lots of restaurants in the area. The area is safe. As a single woman, I am comfortable there.

Room Tip: Sorry, there's no fitness center. I was aiming at rooms and my finger slipped. There's no w...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park? Share your experiences!