“Surprisingly Good & Financially Reasonable” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6099 Youngerman Circle, Jacksonville, FL 32244   |
Ranked #79 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Sebastian, Florida
“Surprisingly Good & Financially Reasonable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

While relocating my family from Massachusetts to Florida, we'd selected Jacksonville as a layover point and booked this hotel online, based almost exclusively on price. I was traveling with several animals and a great selling point for us was their pet-friendly policy (no deposit was charged!) and their convenient location to the highway. We were pleasantly surprised to discover the location was also close to restaurants and shopping upon our arrival.

We arrived a little later than anticipated, but the staff was welcoming and friendly. Check-in was a breeze and, even though we weren't able to get 2 adjoining rooms, we were just a door away from each other. The rooms were a bit small (the bathroom is miniscule) but clean and I found the beds to be quite comfortable. Pillows were a bit threadbare but 4 are provided in a room and doubling them up helps.

There were a few stains in the carpeting and the decor could use a little updating but, for the price and location, it was a pleasant little gem of a find.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Donalsonville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

If you on the lookout for extremely firm beds, then this is your stop. The motel itself was clean, the staff friendly, etc, but I do not prefer beds that are that firm. This motel is located across the street from a small shopping center and there are many great restaurants within a mile or so.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Newport, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel based on the good reviews and we just needed a place to sleep for the night before driving further in the morning, so we didn't need anything fancy. I am not one who complains about every little thing or over something that will not affect my sleep. Maybe it was just my room and entirely a rarity, but I was not impressed. The bathroom was dirty and when I say "dirty" I don't mean a speck of dust or a piece of hair or something minor...I mean DIRTY. It looked like it hadn't been swept in weeks and there was some kind of dead creature in the corner...it almost looked like a little snake. The location is great, being right off the interstate. But, there were some very questionable people wandering around there. My husband and I walked to dinner and when we came back there was a used syringe sitting next to my car. Like I said, maybe it was just a fluke thing that happened, but it made me highly uncomfortable and there was no way I was walking around there by myself.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed with my family for about 2 weeks and found everything to be in good working order. All staff was kind and helpful. Pets stay free as well with no breed or size restrictions! This alone made it worth the stay...plus they were the cheapest in the area!

Room Tip: Upstairs is super quiet!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Williston, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have stayed at this facility 3 nights per week for the past 2 years for business. Not any longer though!! New foreign owners lower level of service with higher prices. Keys don't work half of the time, phone inoperable on several occasions, bedding not clean (hair and stains). Not quite what I had been accustomed to. Seems to me like new owners are cutting corners to be more profitable. Prices went up almost immediately, front desk staff friendly but inexperienced and unaccomodating as it appears housekeeping is also. Very noisy at night now with people partying in parking area, blowing horns and loud music. Wont be long and it will be like the Motel 6 next door.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere if possible
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I are road tripping throughout southern USA and this place is by are the best motel we have stayed in so far. The reception staff were delightful, rooms exceptionally clean and comfortable and it was central to major highways and amenities. We found the neighbours a little noisy- might have just been the night we were there. Also good to know this hotel is part of an initiative to crack down on crime.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

alex was very very professional and the area has all the food you will need plus movies and malls great location..great prices..great service...very close to all the freeways and sights for the area..i would tell everybody to stay here its worth it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park? Share your experiences!