“Decent low cost motel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #92 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Hammond, Louisiana
“Decent low cost motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

While traveling from Savannah to New Orleans we noticed a billboard advertising Red Roof Inn just off the Interstate and decided to check it out. The rate was quite low and the room itself was more than adequate. The room had been recently renovated and has a nice flat screen TV. We found the bedding to be quite comfortable. The room was clean but really didn't have a lot of amenities, which is to be expected in a "budget" motel. One major complaint that I have with all the Red Roof Inns is that they charge a $1.50 for a safe which we never need. I told the checkin clerk that we were not going to use the safe in advance and was told that I had to tell them at checkout. Unfortunately, upon checking out I forgot to tell them so the $1.50 was added to my bill. I submitted a review to Red Roof and was given a phone call right away, withing minutes of my review submission and was told the $1.50 would be credited to my account. I don't know if it has or not but at least the effort was made so they do respond to comments. I would recommend them.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thomas W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Inn. It is truly appreciated. We always enjoy hearing about our guests and their experiences. We look forward to seeing you next time and thank you for your loyalty!

Mery Lugo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Enjoyed this stay! When most of the hotels in the area were sold out, this hotel was very reasonably priced and quiet. Desk Clerk offered extra towels before going to our room. He was also helpful to point out the local convenience stores. Slept great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville -Airport Red Roof Inn. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotel.
brunswick
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

The only thing that was good about our stay was the movie we seen on the flat screen. Other than that the mattress felt like the floor with a sheet on top, the pillows were as flat as a pancake and when I asked for extra they didnt have any in stock. My neck and back was killing me! Was up all night because of how uncomfortable the bedding, Comfort is supposed to be the #1 priority but not at this RRI. There are no microwave or minifridge but yet they want to charge for a safe! The worst of it all was a staff member "Mark" he has a nasty attitude and should go back to learn some customer service skills. He was Really snappy and obviously woke up on the wrong side of the bed. We should have gotten a full refund under the Hassle Free policy but maybe he was not educated about that. Hope this place does better, one day!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Valued Guest:
I am writing to thank you for your open and honest feedback and to offer you my sincerest apologies for the issues you and your family encountered during your stayed with us. Please rest assured that I will be following up with my entire team to ensure that situations such as those mentioned do not occur in the future. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope you give us another chance on your next travel needs.

Live Oak, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Red Roof in Jacksonville. I got the least expensive room since I was only doing one night and I was by myself, though the room was smaller than what I'm used to it was cozy and very comfortable; immaculately clean, modern lighting, and flat screen tv, wifi, desk area...I was impressed and I would return. I've stayed at most of the hotels in the airport area, of the "budget" stays this is the best one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank your for taking time to write this review. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I will share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Jacksonville - Airport
fletcher
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here just as a quick nights sleep on my way back north. This is probably the best value for your buck if you just want to catch 8 hours and take off. It is an older property, I used to stay here a lot in the late 80's and 90's but it is well maintained and it is right off the interstate. I like the fact that they have down and out rooms as it's easier unloading and loading. If you are a tired traveler on I-95 this is a good place to catch some zzz's.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Jacksonville - Airport
Hilliard, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed a couple of nights before heading to the family gathering for Christmas, have stayed there many times before this visit.
the rates are super good, with a variety of rates for seniors, AAA and FL residents, and none can be beat. it's @ 10 miles from downtown, but I-95 gets you there quickly.
It's an older property, but well maintained and managed by Thomas Wiltsie and his staff, they are all friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thomas W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville –Airport Red Roof Inn.
I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. I would like to let you know I'm the new general manager for this property.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Convenient airport location. With AAA rate, my double bed room was less than $50,
Rooms are clean and spacious. There is free wireless.
trade-offs: Offers no airport shuttle. Room has no coffee maker nor refrigerator.

Quiet and priced right.

• Stayed December 2012
Jacksonville - Orange Park

Been to Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville Airport? Share your experiences!