“Nothing spectacular - staff is slow and rude” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1063 Airport Road, Jacksonville, FL 32218   |
Ranked #86 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Moncton, Canada
“Nothing spectacular - staff is slow and rude”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here for the 1st and last time. I had an issue with my bill - the location does not have a General Manager - "Guest Beware". When I was trying to resolve the issue, I was shoved around from one staff to another - no resolve as of today. Customer service informed me that since there was no general manager at the location (like that is my problem or fault) - there was nothing they could do. There are better RRI's in the area. Being a loyal RRI guest does not "reward" me at this location. Sorry.

Room Tip: Get a room in the center court - they are much quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thomas W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Jacksonville Airport Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. I want to let you know I am the General Manager of this property. In order for us to improve your experience in the future, could you please provide more detail on the specific area you mentioned above. I would like to correct the problem ASAP. Please contact the hotel and ask for me and I’ll be happy to assist you. I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.
Mery Lugo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Saint Augustine,Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Red Roof on our way to St. Augustine . We were tired and decided to give Red Roof a shot. We were very happy with the room to say the least. It was tastefully updated with modern lighting, flat screen tv and great desk area. It was very clean and quiet. The price was great for the updated room.

• Stayed November 2012
Thomas W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville Airport Red Roof. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of the team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Florence, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

worst place ever. I have stayed in many a Red Roof Inns and have never had such a bad experience. The clerk at the front desk was a charm. It went down hill from there. I choose a room upstairs because I'm a single mom traveling with 2 children and thought we'd be a little safer. I didn't have to worry about being mugged instead I had to worry about being able to breath. Apparently the roof had leaked at some point and the room had a very strong mold odor. We had to cover our noses and breath with a peice of our personal colthing over our faces. All of the rooms had the same issue. We ended up sleeping in the car. When I spoke with another clerk that had come in he didn't want to refund the room cost. My advice, ask to see the room before you give a payment! This experience soured me on Red Roof Inns.

Room Tip: Just check your room prior to paying for it. They will not refund you!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest:
I am writing to thank you for your open and honest feedback and to offer you my sincerest apologies for the issues you and your family encountered during your stayed with us. Please rest assured that I will be following up with my entire team to ensure that situations such as those mentioned do not occur in the future. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope you give us another chance on your next travel needs.

Watkinsville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Staff is awesome, friendly, helpful and rooms are always clean. They're doing something right because most of the staff has been there for years and years.

Miss Carol the mgr and Bob the maint. guy though. : (

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed over the weekend and Was very close to the airport. Hotel is a older location But the front desk help was very nice and courteous. Could not ask for more out of the economy hotel. The actual building and room Seemed to need some TLC.

• Stayed September 2012
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had a wonderful time staying at the red roof in, The rooms were clean and the employees are so nice, Definitely worth the money paid, i felt very safe while staying there and the staff assisted us wit anything we needed. I will recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Jacksonville.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thomas W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Airport Red Roof Inn. I am glad you had a wonderful stay here with us.
I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. We love to hear guest feedback as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, I hope your next visit will be as wonderful as the previous one.
Milton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was my first stay at the Red Roof Inn and I was very pleased with my stay and the staff at the hotel. The price was more than reasonable especially for the quality of the rooms. Everything was very clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville -Airport Red Roof Inn. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotel.
Mery Lugo

Been to Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville Airport? Share your experiences!