“Desk clerk” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6969 Lenoir Ave E, Jacksonville, FL 32216   |
Ranked #38 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
“Desk clerk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Heather gave the best service iv ever gotten,She was very kind and clear.def a 5 star rating! Can't wait to vist again.Hope to see Heather!

I couldn't have asked for anyone nicer:) U think I'll be back again soon she made my first true to Florida very comforting! Glad to know there's still good people around

• Stayed April 2013
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Xasthur20,

Thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review about Heather. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay and the service you had received. at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team especially to Heather.. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Traverse City, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Hardwood floors, thin walls, I was able to hear Dijon get scolded by his mother, splash in the bath, heard their TV program and conversation all evening- we may as well have been in the same room. So if you enjoy not sleeping, but getting to know everything about people you have never met, this is the spot for you.
Unless of course you don't like your microwave oven splattered with food, dirty towels and trash in your drawers, and filthy floors that were not cleaned- yes, I was told that the room must have been a "rush job". Oh, I paid the highest price for a king superior, but would have been better off sleeping in my car.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear DogDocJaxBeach,

jmyer@redroof.com
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I frequent Jacksonville many times as I have contract work up here, so we use hotels quite a bit.

This has to be the very worst hotel in Jacksonville I've ever stayed at and the worst hotel I've been in since my college years.

The first room I went in was not the room I reserved and it smelled horrible. The second room they put us in was a bit larger (if you can even call it large) and it smelled horrible too. The exit was right outside the door and people were coming in and out all night being very loud.

Cheap hardwood floors, ugly white walls...we should have put some straight jackets on and called it a day!

You've been warned!

Room Tip: Do not stay here...spend a few more bucks
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear fldesign,

I would like to thank you for your review. I am quite bothered that we did not know about your concern and had not corrected right it away while you were in house. The interior hotel rooms on all floors are relatively quiet. I apologize that you heard a lot of movement from the other rooms and the hallway.

The majority of our guests loved the wooden floors as it is eco- friendly and easily maintained than carpet. This is the new design that will be incorporated in all renovated Red Roof Inns in addition to the 100 % smoke free rooms.

Should you want to discuss further your concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me
at 904-296-1006 ext 602.

Yours in Hospitality,
Ballentine, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I received an e-mail from Red Roof Inn announcing this property was recently renovated as one of their generation next properties. We decided to stay here one night. The room we stayed in did not appear to be totally renovated. The sink and tub had cracks that had been repaired. There was an old, dried washcloth from a previous guest still hanging on the shower rod. Overall, a not so " next generation" visit. Their pet policy is wonderful as we were able to bring our pet with us! The insulation between rooms was also good as we did not hear our neighbors!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Jborden,

I want to apologize to you that my housekeeper had failed to double check your room. We will make sure that incident like that would not happen again. The rooms did not have the new sinks but hopefully will get it in the near future. We were glad that your pet had been happy staying with us.

We hope that you would still be able to stay with us again in the near future. My staff and I would like to thank you for your time in giving us your review.

Yours in Hospitality.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is the model Team for a Franchise they go above and beyond to make sure your experience
is a lifelong experience...the location is great to interstate access and surrounding eatery's .
If all Red Roofs were as clean and people as courteous and conscientious all other hotels could just close down.
I'd like to especially acknowledge Heather Watkins for going above and beyond....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Scott60805,

I would like to thank you for giving us great comments about our rooms and the hospitality of my staff Heather. She is indeed an asset in the inn as she goes above and beyond her duty. She had always been cheerful and in good spirits when dealing with our guests.

Comments like yours gives us all a positive drive to excel in extending the hospitality promise.
We hope to have you again in our inn on the near future.

Yours in Hospitality,
Martinsville, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was very dissappointed with this stay. When I rented the room it stated on their wedsite that the suite that I was staying in would hold 5 adults plus 2 children. So when I showed up with my family (2 adults, 5 children) I figured there would be plenty of space. I was very wrong. The "suite" comprised of a sitting area about the size of my bathroom at home, and two double beds. I had to rent the room next door to have enough space, and was not given a discount or anything considering the description was incorrect. While I was examining the room, I found 2 pills of some sort (I think cold medication) in one of the drawers (thank God I looked, I was traveling with small children). The bathrooms could have been cleaner, as I found curlies on the toilet. And after 10 hours of driving, we were kept up all night by small children and adults running up and down the hallway. The stay could have been worse, I suppose, but I was still very dissappointed.

Room Tip: Get at least 2 rooms if you are staying with your family.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Michaelshum,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. The suite can only accomodate up to 5 persons on a double bed room or 4 persons on a king bed suite. I apologize for the noise of the other guests and the quality of your room. Last month was very busy and the hotel was sold out. Discounts were closed out at the desk due to rooms supply and demand.

Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

A especial thanks to red roof's hotel. The location was never many great restaurants and malls. They even had free wifi which was helpful witj using my ipad. And their cleaning service lady name Alexis went above her dues to make sure we had clean linens and towels. Even changing a rooms that had smoke to get clean.

• Stayed March 2013
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Krystls,

Thank you for the good review. We appreciate that my staff had provided you with the service that you much deserve. We strive in maintaining the hotel 100% smoke free.

I will share your review with my staff. We hope to see you in your next travel.

jmyers@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint? Share your experiences!