“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is the model Team for a Franchise they go above and beyond to make sure your experience
is a lifelong experience...the location is great to interstate access and surrounding eatery's .
If all Red Roofs were as clean and people as courteous and conscientious all other hotels could just close down.
I'd like to especially acknowledge Heather Watkins for going above and beyond....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Scott60805,

I would like to thank you for giving us great comments about our rooms and the hospitality of my staff Heather. She is indeed an asset in the inn as she goes above and beyond her duty. She had always been cheerful and in good spirits when dealing with our guests.

Comments like yours gives us all a positive drive to excel in extending the hospitality promise.
We hope to have you again in our inn on the near future.

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Martinsville, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was very dissappointed with this stay. When I rented the room it stated on their wedsite that the suite that I was staying in would hold 5 adults plus 2 children. So when I showed up with my family (2 adults, 5 children) I figured there would be plenty of space. I was very wrong. The "suite" comprised of a sitting area about the size of my bathroom at home, and two double beds. I had to rent the room next door to have enough space, and was not given a discount or anything considering the description was incorrect. While I was examining the room, I found 2 pills of some sort (I think cold medication) in one of the drawers (thank God I looked, I was traveling with small children). The bathrooms could have been cleaner, as I found curlies on the toilet. And after 10 hours of driving, we were kept up all night by small children and adults running up and down the hallway. The stay could have been worse, I suppose, but I was still very dissappointed.

Room Tip: Get at least 2 rooms if you are staying with your family.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Michaelshum,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. The suite can only accomodate up to 5 persons on a double bed room or 4 persons on a king bed suite. I apologize for the noise of the other guests and the quality of your room. Last month was very busy and the hotel was sold out. Discounts were closed out at the desk due to rooms supply and demand.

Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

A especial thanks to red roof's hotel. The location was never many great restaurants and malls. They even had free wifi which was helpful witj using my ipad. And their cleaning service lady name Alexis went above her dues to make sure we had clean linens and towels. Even changing a rooms that had smoke to get clean.

• Stayed March 2013
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Krystls,

Thank you for the good review. We appreciate that my staff had provided you with the service that you much deserve. We strive in maintaining the hotel 100% smoke free.

I will share your review with my staff. We hope to see you in your next travel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Traveling through to Cape Coral. Well kept hotel and very friendly staff. Next time I'm in the area I will definitely stay again. However Tripadvisor gets negative 2 stars for having to write at least 200 characters in the review before I can post it. Maybe I do not want to write a long winded review!

• Stayed March 2013
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Darrell_Allen,

Thank you for your good review about my staff and the property. It is good to know that we had exceeded your expectations and will continue to strive for the better.

I will share this review with my staff to keep them motivated.

We hope to see you again in your future travels.

Have a great Easter.

Lake City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This Red Roof Inn is a multi-story building with indoor hallways. It was not my first stay at this Inn. I returned because I have always been satisfied by the cleanliness that extends throughout the establishment. The issue of cleanliness in a hotel/motel is my benchmark of of a well managed business. My most recent stay was in March, 2013, and I was pleased with the continued attention to detail. I want to take this opportunity to compliment the staff on their friendly demeanor, positive attitude, and helpful service. I was greeted promptly and efficiently by the employee at the front desk. When I went to my room I had an opportunity to be in the hallway when the housekeeping staff was cleaning. The housekeeping employee took the time to introduce herself and extend her arm to shake my hand. She wished me a pleasant stay and invited me to ask if I needed additional towels or personal care items. That is the kind of positive greeting that indicates the staff is happy working here and encourages me to return to this Inn when I am in Jacksonville. The location of this Inn is conveniently located near I-95 with easy access to the downtown area, major shopping malls, Mayo Clinic, St Luke's Hospital and Jacksonville Beach. Red Roof Inn is a budget chain and guests will not find the amenities provided by more expensive hotels. There is no coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. But if you value a clean, quiet, and comfortable hotel as much as I do, then I recommend this Red Roof Inn for you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer0223,

My staff and I would like to give you a BIG THANK YOU for the kind words you had shared with us. It is this kind of motivation that keeps us to do a better job. We are delighted that you chose our hotel again for your stay and hope that you will continue staying in our hotel in your future travels. I will verify who among my housekeepers extended a very welcoming gesture when
you were greeted in the hallway. It meant so much to me that she had made a big difference.

We will continue doing a good job in maintaining this property as we want loyal guests like to you to keep on coming back.

Have a great Easter.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

If only British hotels were as good value as this one. Less than £35 a night for a huge room. Good service and very handily placed for restaurants and the St John's Centre if you like shopping. 20 mins to the beach too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Chris_stern,

Thank you for your great review. I am glad you had enjoyed our room and the affordable rate that we have given you. We are indeed in a great location which is so close to the beaches, shopping centers and restaurants. And as you mentioned, the St.John's Town Center is a great place to go shopping and has a wide selection of restaurants and fast food.

I will certainly share your review with my staff. We hope to be of service to you in the near future.

churchville, new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stopped overnight on my way from N.Y. to Florida at this motel in February. This is a very pet friendly motel. A lovely lady at the front desk quickly checked me in and offered several restaurant choices... many of them deliver directly to the room.
The room was spacious and bed very comfortable. I would recommend Red Roof Inns for all people traveling with pets.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Mimi198,

We thank you for your good review about our inn. We love to have happy pets. I am glad that you had chosen our inn as your choice of lodging. There are so many places to eat around the area and next time we recommend that you visit the St. John's Town Center as there are eateries that I have not tried myself.

We hope to see you and stay in our hotel again when your are in the area. Hopefuly I could be lucky to get my lobby renovated as well.

jmyers@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint? Share your experiences!