“Recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Lake City, Florida
“Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This Red Roof Inn is a multi-story building with indoor hallways. It was not my first stay at this Inn. I returned because I have always been satisfied by the cleanliness that extends throughout the establishment. The issue of cleanliness in a hotel/motel is my benchmark of of a well managed business. My most recent stay was in March, 2013, and I was pleased with the continued attention to detail. I want to take this opportunity to compliment the staff on their friendly demeanor, positive attitude, and helpful service. I was greeted promptly and efficiently by the employee at the front desk. When I went to my room I had an opportunity to be in the hallway when the housekeeping staff was cleaning. The housekeeping employee took the time to introduce herself and extend her arm to shake my hand. She wished me a pleasant stay and invited me to ask if I needed additional towels or personal care items. That is the kind of positive greeting that indicates the staff is happy working here and encourages me to return to this Inn when I am in Jacksonville. The location of this Inn is conveniently located near I-95 with easy access to the downtown area, major shopping malls, Mayo Clinic, St Luke's Hospital and Jacksonville Beach. Red Roof Inn is a budget chain and guests will not find the amenities provided by more expensive hotels. There is no coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. But if you value a clean, quiet, and comfortable hotel as much as I do, then I recommend this Red Roof Inn for you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Reviewer0223,

My staff and I would like to give you a BIG THANK YOU for the kind words you had shared with us. It is this kind of motivation that keeps us to do a better job. We are delighted that you chose our hotel again for your stay and hope that you will continue staying in our hotel in your future travels. I will verify who among my housekeepers extended a very welcoming gesture when
you were greeted in the hallway. It meant so much to me that she had made a big difference.

We will continue doing a good job in maintaining this property as we want loyal guests like to you to keep on coming back.

Have a great Easter.

jmyers@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

If only British hotels were as good value as this one. Less than £35 a night for a huge room. Good service and very handily placed for restaurants and the St John's Centre if you like shopping. 20 mins to the beach too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Chris_stern,

Thank you for your great review. I am glad you had enjoyed our room and the affordable rate that we have given you. We are indeed in a great location which is so close to the beaches, shopping centers and restaurants. And as you mentioned, the St.John's Town Center is a great place to go shopping and has a wide selection of restaurants and fast food.

I will certainly share your review with my staff. We hope to be of service to you in the near future.

churchville, new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stopped overnight on my way from N.Y. to Florida at this motel in February. This is a very pet friendly motel. A lovely lady at the front desk quickly checked me in and offered several restaurant choices... many of them deliver directly to the room.
The room was spacious and bed very comfortable. I would recommend Red Roof Inns for all people traveling with pets.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Mimi198,

We thank you for your good review about our inn. We love to have happy pets. I am glad that you had chosen our inn as your choice of lodging. There are so many places to eat around the area and next time we recommend that you visit the St. John's Town Center as there are eateries that I have not tried myself.

We hope to see you and stay in our hotel again when your are in the area. Hopefuly I could be lucky to get my lobby renovated as well.

McDonough, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

room selected by reviews, and was not disappointed.first and most important to me was cleanliness, and NO ROACHES. Was quiet.In pretty surroundings,felt safe.No loiterers or transients noted in area. Close to beaches,restaurants, shopping.Room decor nice.Heat worked as it was rather cool at night. Front desk friendly and helpful.That was appreciated.Was able to get a Senior rate.that was a plus. I would definitely stay here again in the future. Beds were comfortable. With so many hotels to choose from, i'm glad previous reviews really helped me to decide.........j.c.

Room Tip: More to see from rooms on front and liked 5th floor(top)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Jeanc,

Thank you for review about our renovated property. We can assure you that we will continue working to get the quality and customer service required by our guests like you.

The hotel is centrally located to I-95 and makes it accessible for the travellers to get off the exit. Tthe restaurants , Apple Bee's, Cracker Barrel, etc. surrounding the hotel makes it even more convenient for our guests.

I will be sharing this review with my staff and we will be looking forward to your next visit.
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Southpointe.

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in early March 2013. We had just relocated to Jacksonville and had to stay here as we were looking for our own place to live. Now the staff is very friendly and the rooms are in good shape. The beds are very comfortable and the shower pressure is excellent. We stayed 5 nights and payed $274.00 with tax. That included a fee for the safe. We didn't use it. I am writing this on the day of check out. They hold the amount on your bank card. Then they are going to charge the amount again at check out. So a total of about $548.00 on my card and will have to wait until one of the amounts drop off in about 5 business days or maybe even more. They say it's your bank that does this. But I know that's not true as I worked for a bank for 7 years and I also spoke to my bank about this and they said it's the property that does this. They could charge your card the day you check in. I believe they do this as like a sort of deposit. If anything is damaged or someone smokes in the room they keep that charge on their as well. I have been to hotels where I am charged that amount right away. So that's strike one.
Anyway, let me get to the reason I put the title up.(This hotel is supposed to be 100% smoke free.)
When we first got here we were on the 2nd floor. The bathroom shower had a crack in the wall where water could seep in. I let them know about this.
Anyway on day 2 we were going to go out to the store to get a few things when I saw a maid run down with towels to put in the hall. I was wondering what was going on. She said a water pipe was broken on the 4th floor. I did see water starting to leak down. She advised us to go to the front desk to be moved. So we were moved to the 5th floor.
At first their were no luggage carts to move our stuff and they said we don't know where they are. They only have 2 for the whole hotel.So we had to lug our stuff from one end of the hotel to the other side up 3 flights. Strike 2. When we were about half way done we saw another guest with the luggage rack and she let us use it. Thank God.
So we get into our room and get everything back in order. On the 3rd day these guys checked in to rooms near us. They put the top door latch so the door wouldn't close all the way. They kept letting the door bang against it during the evenings and left them like this.
Anyway on the 3rd night my daughters said they smelled cigarette smoke. I said no that can't be this place is supposed to be smoke free. I went into the hall and yep I smelled smoke.
I informed the front desk and they said they would look into it. Nothing. The next day I went down and informed the front desk person. They went up and said they smelled it but couldn't tell where it was coming from. They told the maid to check those rooms where people stay over. Well, we got back to our room and the phone was ringing. It was the front desk. They said the maid couldn't find anything and that it was a perfume smell.(I guess essence of cigarette smoke.)People have ways of covering it up. Hello! Well now it's the morning I have to check out and I went into the bathroom and was nearly knocked over by the smell of smoke. Then my wife confirmed it when she went in the bathroom and she's not as sensitive to smoke as I am. I am very allergic and can't stand cigarette smoke. She said it was so bad she had to hold her nose.(By the way the front desk person said thank you for letting us know but it's probably that they can't prove it they said it wasn't smoke.) Because of this and the fact we had to move most of our stuff without a luggage rack I am giving the whole experience a low rating. Oh another thing you don't get many channels. I like sports but 3 or 4 Espn channels and 2 HBO channels so only like 30 channels maybe at the most. Also having the double charge on my card for a few days when I could really use the extra money. So be prepared for that fact whether you stay one night or 5 nights your debit/credit card is going to be charged 2 times.

Room Tip: Request a lower floor to avoid possible smokey hallway. It just depends on if you get on the top flo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear dicarlo2,

Let me extend my apologies for the issues you had encountered in my inn. Your credit card was not charged on March 2nd, You swiped your card for 5 nights stay and you must have seen the card reader had a preauthorization of $274.00 .On check out date March 7th,. the folio you received only charged your card $265.50 and the safe charges were taken off as per your request. I can not see where $548.00 was coming from. Pending authorizationi would normally show in guests' statement. The approval number the inn had on your card was 063414.
Regarding the hallway smoke, my staff stood in the rooms close to your first room 227 and did not find any smoke activity. When you mentioned to me about the 5th cloor hallway when you had transferred in 501, I did not smell smoke but a strong cologne smell. I called you right away and informed you of my findings. We are 100 percent compliant about anyoone who violates the smoking policy and guests do not have to cover it up as they get charged $200.00 smoking fee. In regards to the busted pipe, my desk clerk, JB, did his very best to change the guests who had expressed wet floors in their rooms and the hallway. This is something that we can not control but my staff and I would do our utmost ability to accomodate and give the guest the room change when incidents like this happes. The luggage carts were mostly taken to accomodate the guests who took them to change rooms at that time.

I assure you that we would like our guests to be comfortable and we take pride in getting things done right away as we are passionate about our commitment to your guests.

Thank you for sharing us your review as I will share it with my staff.
Thank you for staying with us and as a Redi card member you would continue staying at the Red Roof Inn chain.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Easy on and off I95 on south side, walking distance to Applebee's and Cracker Barrel. Exceptionally clean, helpful, friendly, and effecient check in and out. Very comfortable beds. Don't hesitate, just book it .

• Stayed February 2013
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Cheman7,

We thank you for the great review and delighted that you found our hotel very accessible to I-95 and surrounding restaurants. It is nice to know that you made your choice in our hotel.
Please do not forget to go the Red Roof Inn Website often to check on occasional promotions.
I will share your review to my staff.

We look forward in your upcoming visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Just checked in and this is a great room! Was a little skeptical when we walked into the lobby because there were soda or tea spills/spots all over the floor in front of the elevators and in front of the check in counter in several places and was hoping it wouldn't carry over into the rooms as far as cleanliness goes... Our room is newly renovated and looks great and couldn't be happier with it! Nice big bed and am glad they give a nice military discount! As far as I know they don't have any kind of breakfast but they do have room service for lunch and dinner. There is a Cracker Barrel next door though, so will go there in the morning! After searching many hotels tonight and having them all be at full capacity & actually checking into one only to get to our floor and it wreak of weed and have to check back out (Microtel next door) it was nice to finally find one and it be so nice! Thanks Red Roof Inn!!

• Stayed February 2013
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for review. We truly appreciate your comments and will share it with my staff. I will definitely remind my desk clerks to check the condition of the lobby and check in area throughout their shifts. My staff and I work hard to make every guests"' stay as comfortable as possible.

We would love to see you once again when you travel in Jacksonville.

Please let me know when I could be of assistance to you.

Yours in Hospitality
jmyers@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint? Share your experiences!